Tell us what you think of these ideas

Thursday 20/12/2012, 13:06
Dr.Ido - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
125 messages
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 20/12/2012, 13:06

We have a lot of ideas for Urban Rivals, and it's can be difficult to know what you really expect from us, fortunately, we have the message board Your comments on the Cr auctions helped us a lot to evaluate this project. We decided to put it aside until we can solve most (if not all) of the issues that appears. Today we'd like to continue this discussion and talk about 2 other features.

Among the features we have in mind for Urban Rivals, there are 2 that we'd like to know what you think of. Tell us which project should be our priority, according to you.

First idea : A new game mode allowing you to bet on your match

How would it work : The player would purchase tokens with their credits and bet these tokens in their games against other players, to get more tokens. Player would be able to exchange tokens for credits whenever they want, at the following rate : 10 credits = 1000 tokens.

The player would be able to bet 100, 500 or 1000 tokes per game. Winning rates increases with the number of tokens played.

100 tokens : Winner gets 160 tokens, loser gets 10. In case of draw both get 85 tokens. Kate takes 30 Tokens (15%)
500 tokens : Winner gets 850 tokens, loser gets 50. In case of draw both get 450 tokens. Kate takes 100 tokens (10%)
1000 tokens : Winner gets 1800 tokens, loser gets 100 tokens. In case of draw both get 950 tokens. Kate takes 100 tokens (5%)

If a player forfeits, quits or expires the game, his opponent wins the game

The deck format would be restricted, maybe not ELO (even though it's our idea at the moment) but certainly a format excluding the most unbalanced cards.

Second project : A new design of the character cards
The cards haven't changed in a very long time. We'd like to change them in order to bring more focus to the clan and the rarity, we also think of adding a background behind the character. Tell us what you think of the cards as they are now and wether we should change them.

That's it. It's your turn now!
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

31/125
1san - Imperator - Black Sea Piranas English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 19:59

I like these ideas, but in addition to them you should be looking into making the game itself more interesting, and could try some of the following:

-Double Clintz weekends

-Put Urban Rivals on Kongregate

-Let players vote at the start of the month which cards should be "Staff Banned" in Elo.

-Make more modes: Example everyone gets 3 lives and losing a game in this mode causes you to lose a life, the top 5 players who got the most wins without losing 3 times win Cr's at the end of the day.

-Make more unique cards like Ld's, like maybe each clan has a GL (God-like) card like DJ Korr, who is incredibly powerful.

-Make a UR adventure mode of sorts, the player travels around the map defeating various NPC's, and unlocks new areas and unique cards you can only get from this mode..the single player mode in the new version of the game is similar to this, but give players that sense adventure and finding exclusive cards!

- Design you own card competitions, we have so many great players...why not have an artist competition and the winner gets their own card published to the game?

- Events need to move a lot quicker, perhaps we can have real time events so everyone goes into the room and within an hour it's done and the winner has their prizes.... It really sucks waiting months on end for these player to do a single match.

- Either make more leaders, or remove them all. Why stop at 50?

- Finally I feel UR needs another achievement system, that's better than "Missions."
32/125
-Rapture- - Imperator English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 20:36

"YES to the second idea, no offence to Team Chman, but the artwork could really be improved in comparison to the modern card's artwork - but people should always be able to view the old school artwork if they wanted to."

This indeed. Especially what with Fantasy Rivals coming up I think it's pretty important to make newer but especially older cards in UR more appealing to the eye. I highly doubt newbs would leave a game with John freaking sein as early artist for a while to play the one with 'those ugly dudes who just take their shirt of when they evolve'.

Also maybe give updated Bob Joby and Ougyun Kiou(don't know if spelled right, and don't really care) something like Coinfidence: +3 power just so they fall under hard-to-use instead of useless.

Anyway, yeah, art bump, all for it. Who wouldn't want better art?
33/125
KoreaRepublic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 20:42

All the ideas ever offered are terrible *sigh* I will sit back and ride the roller coaster, do as you want UR.
34/125
-Rapture- - Imperator English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 20:43

Oh, for something mostly unrelated, could some higher end missions be put on repeat? I'd love to get a gift, even if it's a bit tinier then the initial one, for every 500 wins with Clan x ,2500 wins in general, things like that. Keeps the game more interesting in the long run.
35/125
Sicba - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 20:48

@Frostbyte I was more thinking on some kinda Survivor, DT room or something where there are at least some kinda rewards for playing, not just BP...

as for card artwork, I like it this way, I mean, just a glimpse and I can tell the rarity and clan of the card, only thing I would like is the bigger art I mentioned earlier, and I like the idea of using which level art we want...
36/125
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 20:57

1. I agree with the idea of a gamble mode, but Tokens sound unappealling to me. Wagers in Clintz would be much more reasonable.

2. If I'm understanding this, your planning to change the cards' appearances, but not the character art? I support this.
37/125
Frowns - Titan - At the End of the World English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 21:14

Imagine cards looking like this: http://i.imgur.com/QNFh9.png

I'm all for updating old artwork, by the way. Most of the cards from 2006 and earlier look really ill-fitting today, unfortunately.
38/125
OC-Vanity - Veteran - Open Casket English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 21:28

I honestly really enjoy the first idea of the new game mode, because it'll add a factor of fun into this game. Some may complain about only the rich being able to play it, but hey nobody said you HAVE to play it. But I do want to say that the game mode should be carefully constructed. An ELO-esque feel is too well known by the 1400+ people and they would easily dominate it, but creating an entirely new format with perhaps and entirely new banning system and different rules would be fun. Obviously cards like Jackie Cr, DJ Korr Cr, etc. wouldn't be allowed but a more fast paced environment should be introduced. Also maybe have it run by days instead of weeks like ELO. Cards like Lehane, Smokey Cr, Muze, Arno, etc. could be cycled in and out every day depending on the votes. This way the format is constantly changing and forces people to switch up their strategies. Of course some basic rules could stay in place like star count and such to make it somewhat stationary. I know I just took your suggestion and implanted my own ideas, but hey, just an idea

On the second idea, I also extremely like this too. It is nice to recognize a clan by something other than their symbol up in the corner, but I am just a new game mode kind of person, so I feel more strongly on the first suggestion than i do on the second.
39/125
damienuk - Legend - Ice Bucket Challenge English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 22:14

1st idea seems fantastic but what would tokens be used for could we trade them for credits? or you could make card packs avalible with the tokens to spend on?

now urban rivals this slot machine is really a waste of time not very often you win maybe it should be changed 2 a rouleete format with th odds at 35/1 so if you do win it can make a differnce 2 your account.

or even put in a random lottery with say 10 crs up then 50 cards going down in value this would make the value of tickets greater and would generate more acctivity in the market if more crs were avliable
40/125
Frostbyte LD - Legend - Organized Konfusion English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 22:32

I love the idea from ghelas about the sealed pack tournaments. That would certainly add a whole other level of strategy to the game, while providing that much-needed clintz sink for the economy. If the rewards were worthwhile, anybody could participate and have a decent shot at the prize (which I hope would be a Cr).

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals