Tell us what you think of these ideas

Thursday 20/12/2012, 13:06
Dr.Ido - Divinity English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
125 messages
Dr.Ido - Divinity - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 20/12/2012, 13:06

We have a lot of ideas for Urban Rivals, and it's can be difficult to know what you really expect from us, fortunately, we have the message board Your comments on the Cr auctions helped us a lot to evaluate this project. We decided to put it aside until we can solve most (if not all) of the issues that appears. Today we'd like to continue this discussion and talk about 2 other features.

Among the features we have in mind for Urban Rivals, there are 2 that we'd like to know what you think of. Tell us which project should be our priority, according to you.

First idea : A new game mode allowing you to bet on your match

How would it work : The player would purchase tokens with their credits and bet these tokens in their games against other players, to get more tokens. Player would be able to exchange tokens for credits whenever they want, at the following rate : 10 credits = 1000 tokens.

The player would be able to bet 100, 500 or 1000 tokes per game. Winning rates increases with the number of tokens played.

100 tokens : Winner gets 160 tokens, loser gets 10. In case of draw both get 85 tokens. Kate takes 30 Tokens (15%)
500 tokens : Winner gets 850 tokens, loser gets 50. In case of draw both get 450 tokens. Kate takes 100 tokens (10%)
1000 tokens : Winner gets 1800 tokens, loser gets 100 tokens. In case of draw both get 950 tokens. Kate takes 100 tokens (5%)

If a player forfeits, quits or expires the game, his opponent wins the game

The deck format would be restricted, maybe not ELO (even though it's our idea at the moment) but certainly a format excluding the most unbalanced cards.

Second project : A new design of the character cards
The cards haven't changed in a very long time. We'd like to change them in order to bring more focus to the clan and the rarity, we also think of adding a background behind the character. Tell us what you think of the cards as they are now and wether we should change them.

That's it. It's your turn now!
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

41/125
GULLA RW - Imperator - Reissende Woelfe Deutsch
Thursday 20/12/2012, 22:49

First idea is not that bad. But betting fraud could be a serious problem.

Seccond idea is great. Especially with the addition from post 2. To choose the artwork you want to use. (for example Marlysa Cr level 1 is much greater than level 2, same goes with Hriger I would prefer level 1 art..and so on)

Also crs should have a own colour. They are special cards, so let them look spezial!
---------
-Please make "my collection" like In the facebook app.
http://i.imagebanana.com/img/fjzq7t3p/collection.png
This looks so much better than dozen of double cards...

-A symbol for dt penalty cards would be also great.

-I would Love to see a guild cash box.

AAAAND: I would like to see some new Cards (maybe crs?) That just kate will sale (like the exes in the ex event) for a fixed clintz price. (for 1 year this card can`t be sold on the market)
(to burn clintz and beat the inflation) Every person can just buy one of these characters and every year there will be some new and the old can be sold on the market.
42/125
Knight Spawn - Hero - BrainZtorm English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 23:47

Wow - i can`t believe - no serious fighters have responed - to this new gambling
idea - weak fighters keep talking about - having restrictions & banning certain
cards - this new gambling mode - should have nothing to do with ELO. - ELO
already have a restricted mode - set in place.. - what about the players - that have
expensive cards & would like to bet, with these cards - nobody talking about that..
just booty players - once again - trying to throw some s__t in the game - to keep
strong players off their butt.. i say - man up & work with whatever you got - remember -
this is a - bet room - so to restrict what cards, a fighter want to gamble with - is not
righteous - give those big boy cards - a chance to make money - after all - most of
us payed good money for these type cards.. - a lot of players - got scary pride - worry
about Jackie Cr & DJ Korr Cr etc. - for me - i Don`t care what you got - u want to bet -
lets go - my chance to win - is just as good - as the next man...
43/125
0 ComeAtMe - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Friday 21/12/2012, 02:01

@Knight Spawn - Any chance you can talk in sentences so it makes sense?
44/125
UM_Hairy - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 21/12/2012, 02:22

On the first idea the win % needed to make a profit is to high for anything other
than someone that lives to play UR.

One way to level the matching field would be to introduce a chess like rating
system so that even your newest players could taste victory while they learned
to master and move up the ratings.
45/125
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Friday 21/12/2012, 02:51

UM_Hairy, I think your thinking of ELO mode, which is convienently rated the same way (Just doesnt reset every week)
46/125
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Friday 21/12/2012, 03:20

"First idea is not that bad. But betting fraud could be a serious problem."

Its not a problem if Kate takes more tax than in the market and winner takes it all and its not possible to gain any other profit except the pot from the other player. If the game is rigged it serves no purpose because those who rigged it lose money because of kate tax.

I imagine this betting mode mode would work like defining an annoucement like :

"I bet 300 clintz you cannot beat me, im using 25* and clans Nightmare (No Oshitsune nor Ghumbo), All Stars and Pussycats - you are allowed to use 25* deck and any clan except Uppers, also Grax is out of limits - No CR's allowed to both sides"

Server can guarantee all those limitations to be true before game starts, so there is no room for scams if this is done right.

In essence "Betting" should be automated quick-running mini-events with 2 players. (Tho group/guildbets would be awesome!)
47/125
UM_Hairy - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 21/12/2012, 03:24

Made like ELO but without the same game rules. I like others think that
it should be a any card option so making all cards actually worth having
and not just for the sake of owning them.
48/125
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Friday 21/12/2012, 03:41

Supporting Deepend's suggestion. Letting the two players of a given bet-match decide on restrictions would prevent a lot of problems and make both camps happy. Is that possible to program?

There would probably be a demand for a section of the forum/message board for Bet-match.
49/125
Mr Intelijent - Guru - D-Versified English
Friday 21/12/2012, 04:09

First idea is fair and optional, which is rare as of late....I like it.

Don't change the artwork of the cards, you tried it with Vickie Cr and that was awful. New cards are made every fortnight with LD's and special cards released every other fortnight, there's enough new artwork coming in to keep the game interesting, I personally like the older artworks on some of the cards and with the super old cards you either have a card so bad no one uses it and no one sees it, or you have a card so strong that people don't care about the artwork. So I don't see the need.
50/125
CaptainRmoney - Titan English
Friday 21/12/2012, 04:56

I like both of these ideas

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals