Tell us what you think of these ideas

Thursday 20/12/2012, 13:06
Dr.Ido - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
125 messages
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 20/12/2012, 13:06

We have a lot of ideas for Urban Rivals, and it's can be difficult to know what you really expect from us, fortunately, we have the message board Your comments on the Cr auctions helped us a lot to evaluate this project. We decided to put it aside until we can solve most (if not all) of the issues that appears. Today we'd like to continue this discussion and talk about 2 other features.

Among the features we have in mind for Urban Rivals, there are 2 that we'd like to know what you think of. Tell us which project should be our priority, according to you.

First idea : A new game mode allowing you to bet on your match

How would it work : The player would purchase tokens with their credits and bet these tokens in their games against other players, to get more tokens. Player would be able to exchange tokens for credits whenever they want, at the following rate : 10 credits = 1000 tokens.

The player would be able to bet 100, 500 or 1000 tokes per game. Winning rates increases with the number of tokens played.

100 tokens : Winner gets 160 tokens, loser gets 10. In case of draw both get 85 tokens. Kate takes 30 Tokens (15%)
500 tokens : Winner gets 850 tokens, loser gets 50. In case of draw both get 450 tokens. Kate takes 100 tokens (10%)
1000 tokens : Winner gets 1800 tokens, loser gets 100 tokens. In case of draw both get 950 tokens. Kate takes 100 tokens (5%)

If a player forfeits, quits or expires the game, his opponent wins the game

The deck format would be restricted, maybe not ELO (even though it's our idea at the moment) but certainly a format excluding the most unbalanced cards.

Second project : A new design of the character cards
The cards haven't changed in a very long time. We'd like to change them in order to bring more focus to the clan and the rarity, we also think of adding a background behind the character. Tell us what you think of the cards as they are now and wether we should change them.

That's it. It's your turn now!
« Previous12...678910111213Next »

91/125
0nly 0n3 (BZ) - Titan English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 03:12

I like the outfit idea. but it's just too much for the UR staff. having to make outfits for each character and all...

I really like the idea to choose the level artwork you want to show on the card, but i do see its complications also...

Either way, I am fine with backgroundless cards and the WOP idea needs to be thought through more... Tokens dont seem to be coveted, so why would you want to spend credits acquiring them, you know? Maybe if we could bet something already in the game like clintz, cards, and/or creds, the idea would fly.
Yes, there are people who play WOP already, but this could prevent any potential cheating or backing out of paying when someone loses..

I agree with a previous post, do a couple of surveys to see what the UR community thinks
92/125
Knight Spawn - Hero English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 03:33

Well i feel the outfit idea would work, if UR get the software thats needed, like other
online games that allow you to upgrade instantly, as soon as you buy jacket, shirt,etc
the software put that item on your character instantly. question is, will UR spend the
money for this type software...believe me if they do, everyone would have fun with this...
93/125
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 03:52

@Knight Spawn

Unlike those fashion-designer-whatever Apple apps (and the like) which stick the outfit onto a straight up and down manikin, UR characters all have their own individual artworks with different body positions etc.

There are A LOT of cards each with multiple artworks. It isn't possible. UR is a trading card game, not a virtual fashion boutique.

Nothing personal mate. Keep up your enthusiasm.
94/125
Sunday 23/12/2012, 03:53

The only part i haven`t figured out yet, is how to sell item back to Kate.
if a player decide to do so...
95/125
rhypher - Veteran - Non Compos Mentis English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 04:00

I think it would be fun if the characters have at least some animations (at the start of battle, If the card wins, If the card loses, etc.) to show the characterization more. But i think this is very costly (is it costly?). Anyway i think it would be really fun.
96/125
Takkbayawak - Guru English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 04:07

1st idea is good but i really don't enjoy gambling games..
maybe instead of tokens, the players can bet their cards.. ofc. the system will get it first before they will play.
so that the 5% tax on Kate will not be the big issue.

but this game mode is common at the events created by players where there is an entrance fee..

what about you separate the lotteries from events ? so instead of browsing thousands of events, we can quickly select lotteries and this will also ensure the credibility of the lottery itself because the system will now choose the winning players instead of the player created it..

about the 2nd idea.. NO..

i don't think the cards need improvements on how it look because they are simple yet informative already.. no need to add colors for each of the clan

maybe if you will add something, it must be another identifier of the CR cards, DT penalty cards and maybe the Noel and Miss Clint City cards..
97/125
Unthink_this - Imperator Español
Sunday 23/12/2012, 04:39

I'll like to have mayor's elections, and elect him between two years
98/125
Sunday 23/12/2012, 05:19

In response to JO3SHMO, your are right UR characters have many shapes & sizes,
however there is a way around that. one way is to systematically create whatever the
store is selling, to fit a character of a giving clan..meaning whatever character i want
to dress up, there will be items made specifically for that characters face, bodyshape
etc. look into the future my friends, this could work if UR want to do this. the artist &
software is definitely needed for this one...
99/125
yaoihuntresse - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 05:57

I'm not sure how I feel about the outfit idea, but revised art (like that new Kenny Cr) would be nice with an option to switch back and forth. (I'd love to see Fudge draw Charlie.)
100/125
Uk-Nasun - Senior English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 07:44

Hi hip.. Hurrah. Second project

« Previous12...678910111213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals