Cards that deserve/ dont deserve bans

Sunday 06/01/2013, 16:52
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
273 messages
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Sunday 06/01/2013, 16:52

Hey guys so I will just start us off. I dont get how Lizbeth is on top of the charts??? I mean for 1 less damage, you get Lulabee, which is FAR more stable than Lizbeth. I know, different clans, but Ulu is not that bad by themselves. + there are many replacements, and Lizbeth is what, like 60k? this is ridiculous.

I think Dorian is quite borderline as well, Uppers can still do pretty well without him. Herman, Hefty, even Lady are all replacements for Dorian, i mean i know he is strong against SoA, but thats it!. Herman is actually more threatening than Dorian in many matchups minus GHEIST/Roots.
« Previous12...151617181920...2728Next »

171/273
Saintrl - Master - Bronies English
Wednesday 27/02/2013, 08:12

I am personally a bit frustrated over how the UR staff has banned many Poison cards for certain clans. The banning of Dolly, Muze, and Azel seems to be sending a message to most of the player base...

Although Azel was most certainly broken (she was the 4* of choice in my old successful ELO deck) the banning of Muze and Dolly really just reduces the options for their respective clans imo. Perhaps the staff felt those clans were being abused too much although I personally think it did nothing but reduce the 3* option for both of those clans.
172/273
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 27/02/2013, 09:49

Sorry I know this is in the original post but what is with Lizbeth? what is so good about her? ok 9 power SoB I know.... but against SoA..... shes been on the ban list for like 2 months straight now.... its not like Piranas has no replacements or anything, Selma, Bloodh, Miss Lizbeth Dalhia Cr blahblah all great.
173/273
Taxt1271 - Hero - Limit Break English
Wednesday 27/02/2013, 18:20

Need bans:

Clover. It's less needed now that Muze is gone but Clover is basically Uranus with her DR spread around instead of just in her ability. Sure she has one more power and no attack manipulation but ninety nine percent of the time they're both just used as DRs. Uranus is an arguable ban because his clan only has one or two other viable DRs. Clovers entire clan has DR. Which makes it that much tougher to work around. Before the Muze ban it was incredibly hard to overcome the poison while facing hands that could consist of Clover, Charlie, Ella or Lucy. Just saying Clovers DR is kind of overkill.

Naele. It's just an unfair card with its ability and bonus active and still hard to beat with its bonus deactivated. It's not hard to do something like Dagg or X-Odus first or second round then All out with a furied Naele. It's an easy and skill less play. Not like they're lacking in four and five stars to replace her with anyhow.

Lizbeth. Overpowered and banned weekly anyhow. Most stable SoA comes from GHEIST and Roots. SoB stops that. Considering Lizbeths only weakness is SoA that's a problem. Sure there's ability SoA but that's easy to work around. Most decks won't have more then two of them. I challenge you to make a viable SoA ability ELO deck that's full of SoA.

Beeboy. Just an incredibly cheap card. High base stats, good bonus, and good ability. So no matter what it faces its probably in a good position aside from a killer DR like Clover or Uranus. This card just doesn't have a weakness aside from DR which is a weakness every damage based card has. It's also named weekly as is anyhow.

Unban:

Dolly. I hate this card and hate poison in general but GHEIST is practically unplayable as is. They have a couple five stars, Mok, Zero Dead, Bristone, Klawz, Methane, and sometimes Leviatonn. That's eight sometimes nine cards. Even if I'm forgetting some they barely have enough for a mono deck. Not like poison 2 min 1 is that bad in relativity.

Malicia. Only if Clover goes bye bye though. Having both out there would be just too much.

Side notes:

Keep Askai and either Ongh or Troompah perma banned. all three are at least slightly OP and having one of them with other viable five stars like Eduardo and Zornado is fine. All three is just too much.

Keep either Jeena or Yookie perma banned. SoA with DR is the nastiest wall combo in the game. Gotta ban one of them and keep it that way for the same reason Arno is.
174/273
Wednesday 27/02/2013, 18:30

@Saintri

I agree on Dolly but most of them are necessary. Azel was OP by your own admittance and Muze was incredibly cheap considering her clan. Before her ban it wasn't uncommon to see someone go all out fury with Muze (equalling 11 life gap) and then just sit back and wall with some combo of Charlie (minus four damage), Clover (minus five), Lucy (minus two and SoB), Ella (minus four), Etc. how do you overcome 11 gap with that in your way? You don't at least half the time. Now can you imagine that with Malicia too? All out fury Muze then Malicias defeat? That's essentially 13 gap to beat and what if their other two cards are Clover and Charlie? That's 13 gap to beat with nine DR in the way. Two of Malicia, Clover, Charlie have to go.

@oracle

How common is ability SoA? You'd be lucky to fit more then two in a deck and as such it's really easy to work around.
175/273
Wednesday 27/02/2013, 19:01

Meant Muze, Clover, Malicia not Charlie lol.
176/273
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Wednesday 27/02/2013, 19:30

Clover: Clover is good. Why shouldn't PCats have good characters? They aren't rampant in ELO. Clover is a little like Marina: good base stats, and both ability and bonus are reasonable.

Naele: She depends on her ability to do enough damage and her ability is inconsistent. When she does not have her ability, she is basically Lohvak, and Lohvak never saw play even before T Gaank came out. Even with her ability, she does not gap as much as Dregn, C Beast, Oflgn or Sekutor, and damage is far more important for Vortex than power.

Not sure why you think playable 5* characters from 3rd tier and 4th tier clans need bans. 5*s need to be powerful to be worth playing. You need to balance the positive effect they have on winning versus the negative effect of running 2*s to be able to use them. The game is only balanced if 4*s and 5*s are best countered by other 4*s and 5*s. That's why Arno is banned; he was a 2* that could negate most 5* characters. 5*s face competition not just from other 5*s, but 4* characters as well. There are not many playable 5*s in ELO; permanently banning playable 5*s makes ELO gameplay less varied and less interesting.
177/273
Saintrl - Master - Bronies English
Wednesday 27/02/2013, 19:40

Yeah, in ELO 5* don't see much action unless you're playing mono-Jungo or mono-Rescue. And we all know how those turn out.
178/273
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 28/02/2013, 05:31

@taxt you just dont understand mate try playing more and you will see.

Naele: ok this has to be a joke. 1. weak to SoA 2. confidence is terrible on anything. 3. even with ability activated 10/7 is definitely still deal-able with. @kitsune hes right damage is way more important for Vortex.

Lizbeth: lol Lizbeth overpowered.... i dont need 2 SoAs in one hand, and 2 SoAs in one hand is not even that uncommon. there are like 10 thousand ways to work around Lizbeth. for instance, say my fav clan Jungo, if I draw Ongh and Jean Lizbeth is pretty much dealt with. not to mention other cards like Buba and Radek who fight on an even edge too. Lizbeth is STILL weak to DR, and also it doesnt have the greatest damage, something that Piranas hugely lacks. Against SoA however, she is utterly unusable. I dont say that for many cards but 6/4 is....

Clover: lol big joke again. how about you try using her and see what its really like. 1. + life - life cards (pillz manip as well) 2. 6 power means winning is difficult as hell. 3. in the case of drawing a BAD hand you will probably lack damage and you would need to win with Clover. not that great now is she?
179/273
cvacva - Novice - Bleusticks Protectors English
Friday 01/03/2013, 15:14

Let's make it clear that when discussing on banning cards we don't counter them with clans or specific cards that they are weak against ( e.g Lizbeth vs Ongh, Jean) ,or ban them because your fave card can't counter it, that's just silly! Instead identify cards worth banning by how they change the flow of ELO itself. Like Clover yeah she's weak but what makes her sooo gonna-be-ELO-ban-list is because she has good sync with the new releases in her clan (Diana, Malicia, Jayzel). A Clover + Malicia week will be so annoying people will play SOA or make life decks to counter that 2 cards, TWO FRIGING CARDS dictating the flow of and entire week. Seriously one of those women has to go.
Now on the topic, yes Dolly was a weird ban, she gave the mono ghiest fans the added solid power that the clan needed, and now all that's left are 6 powered cards which BTW is easily mutilated by today's meta.
For the they-should-ban this: Beeboy, too annoying and he's taking too many Votes we cant keep Jean off from ELO, just saying he's like Banger's version of Ghumbo. I swear i can hear "RELEASE THE KRAKEN" everytime o don't see him banned.
180/273
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 06:55

I think UR is trying to control things that control the meta a little bit too hard. A Clover/Malicia deck has many weaknesses. Yes, it would dictate the flow of ELO for the week, but it means that the person who makes a good anti-Clover/Malicia deck that can still stand up to other popular setups will win that week... As opposed to weeks when just about every clan is on even ground, which makes the game more luck of the draw. So, would you rather see a player who built an intelligent counter deck succeed, or a player who plays a lot and eventually gets lucky?

Countering stuff = strategy

Making all cards similarly strong/weak according to star level = no strategy

« Previous12...151617181920...2728Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals