Cards that deserve/ dont deserve bans

Sunday 06/01/2013, 16:52
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
273 messages
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Sunday 06/01/2013, 16:52

Hey guys so I will just start us off. I dont get how Lizbeth is on top of the charts??? I mean for 1 less damage, you get Lulabee, which is FAR more stable than Lizbeth. I know, different clans, but Ulu is not that bad by themselves. + there are many replacements, and Lizbeth is what, like 60k? this is ridiculous.

I think Dorian is quite borderline as well, Uppers can still do pretty well without him. Herman, Hefty, even Lady are all replacements for Dorian, i mean i know he is strong against SoA, but thats it!. Herman is actually more threatening than Dorian in many matchups minus GHEIST/Roots.
« Previous12...2122232425262728Next »

201/273
Ambre1134 - Titan - wicked souls English
Wednesday 13/03/2013, 21:37

What I am going to say about Yayoi, is that it has a more competitive bonus in elo where Uppers is basically never used. Pussycats made a comeback when Diana was released, and became way more popular when Clover was released. The PC bonus is great because it most opponent's damage in half. (the most popular damage is 4 and 5) Clover, Lucy have even better reduction power. (Lucy against life/damage clans including Freaks; you don't want your Radek/Magda/Rodney/ Nyema and tons more against my Lucy) Many times, PC can win with just one win, usually with Diana.

How are you going to beat a Leela, Clover, Diana, Lucy draw?
Or even a Malicia Clover Diana Lucy draw?

It is very difficult. It is possible. Get lucky and win 4 rounds with Montana. PC's DR and high damage allows for unpredictability which is very valuable. When it's your turn to lead, you never know if they are going to dr you with Charlie/Clover/Malicia/Leela/Ella or hit you with Diana/Leela/Charlie/Noemi/Ditha. This allows them to effectively low pill their high damage cards and win. (You know, the pillz for damage thing that a lot of people follow. You know, I have an 8 dmg card, u have Clover, I pill 3. So Diana with 2-4 wins.(Because you won't pill to high because they have heavy DR in their hand.)

And nope, you may not say that Diana is bad against SOA because it is still good against SOA. Diana is Kazayan with one more power. Compare against Qubik and Methane.It's still fine. Clover is Burt with two more damage
202/273
0 Nomi - Imperator - Ultimate Torney™ English
Thursday 14/03/2013, 01:22

Well, i do had Jackie and Yayoi at one point in time, and let me tell you, those ridiculous stats + SOA + that brutal bonus is just unfair. No comparisson to Yayoi.
203/273
Thursday 14/03/2013, 02:35

Yep. Love using Jackie in survivor.

No ban for Dorian!!!!!!
204/273
The Jokero - Imperator English
Thursday 14/03/2013, 03:07

I think Bonnie Ld and Ulrich are cards that don't deserve because.Bonnie are defeat card and now there are plenty soa cards,so there are no reason to perma ban her anymore.Ulrich are only dr in clan,and now also is more cards with protection damage so he don't deserve ban anymore.Anyway without those 2 cards perma bans,many people can't play elo with piranias clan,there are no sense in playing this game if there are those stupid bans and we can't control it.See ya
205/273
Thursday 14/03/2013, 04:25

Bonnie - Ban deserved
Ulrich - UNBANN NOW!!!
206/273
0 Nomi - Imperator - Ultimate Torney™ English
Thursday 14/03/2013, 08:04

Bonnie is the ultimate splash. Just pulling her in any hand makes said hand incredibly strong. I can see Mono-Uppers running her as a staple because of the crappy near-unplayable 2* they have (and Jose Star). Deserves to be banned forever.
Ulrich, on the other hand, needs a replacement. Maybe a not-so-good 3* or 4* dr or defeat: - life.
207/273
Thursday 14/03/2013, 22:18

Ulrich can be unbanned. A replacement? Maybe.

Possible replacements

7,5 -3 opponent dmg min 1 4*
7,4 -2 opponent dmg min 1 3*
5,3 defeat:+ 1 pill 2*
1,1 - 5 opponent dmg min 1 3*
8,4 -4 opponent dmg min 3 4*
5,5 defeat: vampire's thirst (-1 pillz +1 pillz) 3*
208/273
0 ComeAtMe - Legend - aussie crusaders English
Thursday 14/03/2013, 22:29

Ambre1134, you say Uppers is basically never use? Have you been 1350+ when Dorian is unbanned? He is everywhere! I don't blame people for using him, there is no widely used counters for him (Ongh, Fei and Futoshi are the only playable counters). Even when he is banned, Lady or Herman are great substitutes for him.
209/273
Friday 15/03/2013, 00:38

I'm not saying Uppers is basically never used. I'm saying in elo, you'd rather have the PC bonus than the Uppers bonus. (In T2, the Uppers bonus is way better)

Uppers is also used less because of its mediocre cards.

Compare: Marina to Maurice (Marina has a good bonus too; can out power most cards 7-5)
Compare: Harold to Romana (Uppers bonus is slightly better but Romana is way better)
Hefty to Beeboy (For a 5, I prefer +2 power)
Frankie Hi to Mona (Mona's bonus is debatably better and way better ability that functions well with bonus)
Samantha to Flanagan (No competition)
Jose Star to Nimestiec (This I'll give a tie)
Dorian - Peeler/Haze/Fuzz (Peeler's great DR makes the opponent not want to pill so you get the dmg in easily, Haze is better against Dorian himself, Fuzz is resistant to dr)

Dorian is not that good. It's just a very solid card.
210/273
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Friday 15/03/2013, 04:52

Lol Ambre what are you saying..... and super unfair comparisons......

umm you are mostly comparing Uppers mediocre cards, and Jose Star has 1+ damage over Nimestiec dude.....
their strength lies in 3*s and above. Rubie, Oxen are the main staples, and their 4*s and 5*s like Herman and Nellie are great too when there arent too many SoAs.

and sorry you are comparing Uppers with clans all over the place... how is that fair...

the only reason you are scared of pussy cats is probably because you are a fang pi user or something.... and you are only accounting the times when you get nice draws. what if you dont draw a power house but 4 reducers? not so fun anymore. bad damage on hand? mere nuisance.

sure Diana is a great card, but you say straight up shes better than Kazayan, you do NOT want to throw away your 4* as a reducer.

« Previous12...2122232425262728Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals