Need serious help with the Junkz/Uppers killer deck :(

Wednesday 09/01/2013, 17:47
Kefalo - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
6 messages
Kefalo - Legend - Casual GrindEnglish - Wednesday 09/01/2013, 17:47

So can someone explain the damned deck to a hopless scrub? Please? I'm losing to it game after game and I can't beat anyone with it

WHY is everyone running Flanagan, Qubik, Tremorh, Eebeza? How am I suposed to pill them? How am I supposed to win with them? How am I supposed to get the insane points with them? Some guy won 50 Tourneys with them - how in the world? I know why I lose to them - I make mistakes, but I can't beat anyone with them, or get anywhere near first place...

WHY is everyone pairing them with Harold, Hefty, Kazayan and Jose Star? I can't make heads or tails out of Harold and Hose Star! I can't even figure Kazayan out if everyone is running Flanagan and Qubick! I can understand Hefty - but if I'm using him to win fights - I can still only KO with Kazayan, and I'm still KOing with a 5 star and a 4 star and the points suck...

How do you win 3 rounds? That's something I never learned and I've played for years.

So can anyone explain it? Flanagan's mini-Lehane - but what does that mean? Qubick is budget Jackie - but he can't KO so he isn't! Jose Star is mini-Zatman - except he's not! What's Tremorh even doing in there? Or Harold? How does this damned thing work?

2/6
k1llah_AoP - Titan English
Thursday 10/01/2013, 05:18

Not exactly sure what you want people to say here. You see these cards over and over because they are the most efficient choices for DT. The reason you don't run things like Jackie Cr or Zatman is because there are massive penalties per round for running these and they aren't worth it. Zatman is a -2 penalty, so if you play 20 rounds or more that's -40 points (or more) during the duration of the tourney. The difference between Jose Star and Zatman doesn't justify a -40 point deduction.

As far as why you see Junks and Uppers so much, the bonuses are very effective. Thinks like Freaks, Pussycats, Frozen ect are not as good for fast play, since their bonuses just slow down or encourage bluffing/no pilling. Then your opponent spends time thinking about what you are going to do.

And lastly for how to pill the Junks characters or win with them, this question almost makes me think this whole post is a troll because, really, how can you answer this question? You spend your pills where your think it's worth it and don't when it's not. That's what the whole game is about, so there's really not a good answer imo. Flanagan is lower dmg so it's a good opener 0-3 pills or used as a wall vs a dangerous card to negate it's bonus. The rest have reasonable dmg, power, and great abilities, so it's hard to say a hard and fast rule how to play them.

I hope this helped, but all the questions seemed so obvious and general that I'm not really sure.
3/6
Kefalo - Legend - Casual Grind English
Thursday 10/01/2013, 11:21

Ty for your reply, and I guess I sounded a little weird. Thing is - I'm not very good at the game. I've been playing for years and I'm still not any good. I can't crack 1400 ELO, I've never been above 12 Survivor and I've never won a tourney - but I'm slowly running out of missions and those look undoable to me. I see people posting Tourney wins (stuff like 50 wins, wins in a row), and variations of this deck seem to be all the rage, but I've been in this situation before and I was never able to do anything with any "certified killer deck" - even though I have millions of clintz in investments and have just about anything except the older CR's...

I've been trying the deck out in standard late-night tournaments trying to "figure it out", and I'm still disenhartened by the results. I place 9th-12th just about every time but it doesn't look like any achievement at all - I'm always 150-200 points form the first place, and if there were more people in the tournaments I'd be 40th or not even in the top 100.

For one thing Kazayan doesn't KO if you kill the opponent with his -3 life, and if I hit with anything before him I can forget the KO + 1 pill bonus. But if I want to KO I have to hit with him, or fury something, and that makes me both vulnerable and predictable. And he broke the Uppers mold of them not having 7 damage, so he has to be in there. Eebiza just sits there looking like a wall and upps my star count because there doesn't seem to be a better choice (continued)
4/6
Thursday 10/01/2013, 11:44

Qubick is sort of OK for walling or stalling stuff like some of the La Junta, but too many things get 6-7 pilled against my Flanagan or Jose Star and do unrepairable damage - and then I's a complete gamble because I have to either fury something or hope the other guy doesn't see my bluff. I've been losing to Vortex because of theis, and this is the only deck I've ever been beaten by Frozen with simply because Tiwi's +3 life ussually means I can't muster up enough damage even if I win 3 rounds...

I've figured out Harold at least - he's not bad, mostly because enough people don't expect him to be furied in the second round after the Hefty hit. That will change as soon as it becomes a common move. I've changed up Tremorh with Haze, but I'm not really happy with her, and I could change her for Romana which then makes Harold a bit redundant and I've no clue what to change him for...

I wouldn't be caught dead with Herman in my deck, but Lady might not be a bad choice, except I've no clue what to throw out. Hefty's the only thing that's really working in there, and I'm getting 33-35 points per win as it is and deffinitely not enough to win. In fact... If I threw out Haze for Lady so I can have a 5* which I don't have to win with for low points, and put Romana in there instead of Harold (same deal, more stable), then the deck might work a bit better as:

Flanagan Qubik Eebiza Romana Jose Star Lady Hefty Kazayan ?
5/6
J I G - Senior - Pinoy Locals English
Friday 11/01/2013, 03:22

I've been using the deck aswell. Always ending in the top 6-30 but never have been in the top1 Ofcourse, we are aiming for the 1st place. The deck has potential. I just dont know how to decrease the gap between the 1st place with 100-200 points difference.
6/6
Friday 11/01/2013, 11:27

I've checked out how other people play it, and people were 0 pill bluffing Haze a lot which I fell for 2 times before I wised up. I tried Herman and he sucks as was predicted. Vortex were everywhere last couple of Tourneys and they were beating me in long drawn out 4 round games.

This deck just sucks - unless you can read a big play with Jose Star and then still win the fight somehow, you can't get the points. Too often you're forced to play 4 rounds, and win 3 of them, two with a 4 star and a 5 star. If you finish with Kazayan it's not a KO, if you fury you cant get the +1 pill bonus for various reasons, and the deck has too little damage (or awkwardly distributed damage).

I'm also beginning to suspect Flanagan, of all things, is a problem. I wonder if simply going something like:

Dreen Jiro Qubik Tremorh (Flanagan and Romana as substitites) for the Junkz half
Hefty Lady Harold Jose Star (Kazayan and 7/4 prot bonus girl as options) for the Uppers Half

And go for 3 round wins every time, would be a better options. Or would the Vortex eat me then?

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals