Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

A little advice for my Ulu Watu ELO deck...

Thursday 10/01/2013, 10:25
LexiFlame - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
12 messages
LexiFlame - Senior - Over LoadEnglish - Thursday 10/01/2013, 10:25

Well, it's my first ELO deck and I chose Ulu Watu for their high power, but their damage is pretty low. Would it be better to add, maybe Ambre to increase the power and just stick out the damage, or should I try to make a 2 clan deck? I know the main thing is to work on my strategy, just wanted to know how to improve my deck.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/collection/#state(0,clan,asc,all,0,deck,)
« Previous12Next »

2/12
ACalculus - Veteran - aussie crusaders English
Thursday 10/01/2013, 12:51

Firstly, Ambre's ELO banned. Secondly, Ulu generally don't fare as well as clans like Junkz and Jungo. Thirdly, you need to publish your preset, cause all the link is right now is one to our collections.
3/12
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 10/01/2013, 13:45

@calculus nailed it spot on, follow his advice
4/12
LexiFlame - Senior - Over Load English
Thursday 10/01/2013, 22:45

Yeah, I found out about Ambre literally five minutes after posting. Excuse an uninformed new player
And I made the preset.
http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/presets/?id_preset=2512348
5/12
0_Kiki - Titan - REDEMPTION English
Friday 11/01/2013, 00:02

Why would you run Mono Ulu Watu with Janice and Warren and not include Eddie and Fanny?
6/12
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Friday 11/01/2013, 00:40

Off the bat:

You need Fanny, who is a much better 2* than either Taigo or Warren, and Eddie, who is a powerful headache for opponents to deal with.

You should not run both Serena and Stanly together. If you stick with Serena, replace Stanly with Buck. If you stick with Stanly, replace Serena with Douglas. You can also try Oraya.

Take out Janice; she is terrible against one of Ulu's worse matchups (SOB). Ulu is inherently resistant to SOA already, you have Nanook and Douglas/ Serena. There are only a small handful of Stop characters playable in ELO and Janice is not one of them.

If you find damage to be too low, consider adding Eugene.

Your strategy is to win either:
3 rounds (doable)
2 rounds + lose with Gabrielle/ Eugene (easy)
Big hitter (Eddie, Stanly, Oraya, Hikiyousan or Buck) + 4 damage.

Do not use less than 5 Ulu Watu (Nanook is underpowered without the bonus): Stay with mono unless you feel like you need SOA splash (Maybe 5 Ulu + Montana for Angelo/ Spiaghi/ Desmond or Edd Cr, this crushes Piranas).
7/12
theKFCguy - Imperator - Great White North English
Friday 11/01/2013, 02:23

Trade out Warren for Fanny
Janice for George or Gaia
Mybe Stanly for Lulabee
Other strong 4 star cards that you might want to consider is Shayna,Buck and Eddie.
Also Bree isn't too bad.
8/12
LexiFlame - Senior - Over Load English
Friday 11/01/2013, 18:58

One more question. So taking this advice, I can change Serena for Oraya, replace Taigo with Fanny, and replace Janice with Eugene. But I've really wanted Eddie from the start, so should I maybe not get Eugene and just settle for another two star card so I can get him? Is he, or one of the other four star cards (Shayna, Buck), really worth a change like that?
9/12
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Friday 11/01/2013, 20:47

Are you still keeping Stanly? Yes, Eddie and Buck are two of the best hard hitters for Ulu.
10/12
theKFCguy - Imperator - Great White North English
Friday 11/01/2013, 22:04

You can use Dave once his price goes down.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals