Underrated cards

Underrated cards
Sunday 13/01/2013, 15:51
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
78 messages
Underrated cards
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Sunday 13/01/2013, 15:51

Sorry started this one before but dont want to bring it up. please keep to ELO specific!

Ill start us off:

Spudd: sorry this guy gets like no attention at all. i know 4 damage may seem painful at times.... but look not all card have to be oh yah big power big damage now go die! this card is a great wall great ability + bonus synergy. one more thing i would like to mention is the low minimum on this guy, that 1 pill can change a game at times.

Ward hg: way overlooked due to fierce competition. honestly, at least half the time I would prefer this card to Cyb Lhia, since he is not limited to turn 1. look at all his counterparts, Laura is 3 stars, Lilou has 7 power, Luba has 1 more star AND 1 less damage.

Bloodh: how often do you see a card with 9 life gap capability WITH protection. people say Piranas is all about pillz manip and Bloodh doesnt fit into the theme blahblah bad card. I say no, leave him to last round and you will not regret having him in your deck.

Liam: only viable SoA for Skeelz, and very splashable in decks actually. often overlooked by Redra and Sasha, but I would recommend try to have all 3 in your deck.
« Previous12345678Next »

11/78
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Monday 14/01/2013, 12:01

@kitsune again

SoA is quite a rare ability among SoA (unless you are using GHEIST or Roots of course, but they face so many bans) and I have to say Wendel is SO useful many think he is not good.... Samantha was a great card, but power creep. and she still competes with Jose Star, which also burns pills WITH better stats. ok sorry i take back Samantha is not horrible, but... yah just personal preference

Owen faces competition too... Sammy is more solid and has slightly better round winning capability than Owen (and no minimum), whilst Havok is just scary overall unopposed, also more solid.

Oflgn faces fierce competition too, and he is prone to DR too, both SoA and DR are very common. if he was in like Nightmare he would be WAY better.

Buck: ok may be just me but ulu is meant for 3 round wins and that 9 VERY conditional power does not cut it for me. doesnt fit with theme anyway, hard to fit in a deck.

Peeler/ Taham: have YOU even tried Fuzz? if you would try to start getting into the upper 1300s you will see how valuable SoA is.
12/78
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDang English
Monday 14/01/2013, 14:00

If Oflgn were in Nightmare he'd be Ielana...

I generally stay away from 6 base power 5* characters... if I use a 5*, they must have at least 7 base power with at least some attack or power manipulation (like Askai or Peeler). Off the top of my head, Havok, Herman and Lady are the only exceptions. Any natural 8 power can beat Fuzz, and most All Stars take down Fuzz easily. But if you want to commit 5* to a character who fights strictly worse than Otakool, go ahead. Yes I've tried Fuzz and if I ever have room for a 5* Junkz, I'd choose one that could actually wall like Peeler, Taham or even Haze.

There are equally many obvious reasons why Spudd, Liam, Bloodh and Ward hg don't see more use.
13/78
maki_mUR - Legend - Dragons Cro Clan English
Monday 14/01/2013, 19:35

I agree with Kitsune on Buck, it's a great card, 9/7 is great, 7/7 is still good since you only play against a bonus or an ability now... The problem is you don't want to play him outside mono.
14/78
AGPrinz - Titan - The BeSharps English
Monday 14/01/2013, 20:48

Kitsune, thing is, 8 damage is still alot coupled with SOA. But i agree, i wouldnt play him when it is allstar / Roots week.
15/78
Monday 14/01/2013, 20:51

I made 1350 a fews ago using Oflgn and Jungo. Problem is, he is too conditional for a 5*. His bonus and life gap dont go well togther, because they are so easily stopped
16/78
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Monday 14/01/2013, 23:38

Oh, Prinz...

1) Oflgn is not conditional.
2) You can't be "too" conditional; you either are, or are not, conditional. It means you require certain conditions to "work."
3) Oflgn's gap and bonus DO go well together, because they make him a stupid good 2nd/3rd turn fork.

Oflgn is still pretty good in the right deck. The only issue with him is that SoA makes him a 7/5, which are basically 3* stats at this point in the game.

The most underrated card in the game is Very Manly Stanly. He is not all that different from Askai. While his +12 attack is conditional, with it active he becomes one of the best round-winners in the game. Without it active, or against SoA clans, he's still an 8/8. If your opponent is playing SoA clan, they now have to deal with the fact that they've made him *less* predictable. Against SoB, he can still land his hit in Confidence, beating big SoB cards like Selma pill-for-pill up to 12 pills. What more is there to say?
17/78
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 15/01/2013, 00:39

You guys dont really see the strength in Fuzz, his 8 damage, coupled with his ability to go straight through DRs (other than pussys) is valuable, since Junkz highly HIGHLY lack damage. 6 power is not that bad if you leave him towards the end, and Junkz is meant to be used to burn opp. pillz anyway.
18/78
DUC-j00p - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Tuesday 15/01/2013, 01:35

I agree with oracle, Fuzz is a great card, but i dont think hes underated / used. i see him alot in elo, and i think hes the first 5* pick in many peoples Junkz decks.

how about Ivy, an overpill against Montana is so lethal, and letting her through could also be. she maybe run into trouble against high powered cards and soa, but remember that she's your 2*. the real problem with her is that Spiaghi and Angelo usually get her spot as a 2*
19/78
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDang English
Tuesday 15/01/2013, 02:29

Oflgn: I think he is underrated *now* that T Gaank has been released. You couldn't design a better teammate for Oflgn than T Gaank; T Gaank will eat up any character that has game against Oflgn: power reducer, damage reducer or SOA. If they hit the red zone with a SOB, you unleash Oflgn on their ass. But the only Vortex 5* I see used is Naele and once in a blue moon Dregn. Well ok, I see Oflgn used just about as often as Dregn but still, both should be used more than Naele. Naele *is* conditional, and her ability/ bonus are not an ideal mix. I'll give her that when her ability is activated she *can* hit pretty hard.

Stanly: Beastly when his ability kicks in, but I don't like Confidence on a 5*. To me he's like a 5* Buck, but I wouldn't use Buck if Buck had a conditional ability. I'm not sure Stanly is underrated, given how rare it is to see Ulu and that Ulu have several other 5* to choose from (so what do you make of Oraya?) and Eddie as well to fit in. Stanly is probably the Ulu 5* I run into most often; I see him much more often than Hikiyousan or Oraya.
20/78
Tuesday 15/01/2013, 23:54

T Gaank weak vs Jeena / Bristone GG.

Naele =/ Lizbeth?

Well ok, Im goint to try and get 1350 this week using splosh.

« Previous12345678Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals