Underrated cards

Underrated cards
Sunday 13/01/2013, 15:51
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
78 messages
Underrated cards
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Sunday 13/01/2013, 15:51

Sorry started this one before but dont want to bring it up. please keep to ELO specific!

Ill start us off:

Spudd: sorry this guy gets like no attention at all. i know 4 damage may seem painful at times.... but look not all card have to be oh yah big power big damage now go die! this card is a great wall great ability + bonus synergy. one more thing i would like to mention is the low minimum on this guy, that 1 pill can change a game at times.

Ward hg: way overlooked due to fierce competition. honestly, at least half the time I would prefer this card to Cyb Lhia, since he is not limited to turn 1. look at all his counterparts, Laura is 3 stars, Lilou has 7 power, Luba has 1 more star AND 1 less damage.

Bloodh: how often do you see a card with 9 life gap capability WITH protection. people say Piranas is all about pillz manip and Bloodh doesnt fit into the theme blahblah bad card. I say no, leave him to last round and you will not regret having him in your deck.

Liam: only viable SoA for Skeelz, and very splashable in decks actually. often overlooked by Redra and Sasha, but I would recommend try to have all 3 in your deck.
« Previous12345678Next »

31/78
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Saturday 19/01/2013, 18:05

Ward hg's ability isn't dependable. It takes too much effort to try to get an"ideal" match to oppose, certainly too much effort to bother for a 2*. Realistically you are going to just throw him out and he'll get maybe a modest +1-+3 damage with his ability. Anything with 5+ damage, do you really want to oppose by pilling on a 2*? Also, many of the characters with 5+ damage that get played also have SOA- SOA and big damage is a popular combination so that really limits the pool of characters copy damage works against. Poison, -life and +life are also popular- basically most tricks commonly used to beat DR on a big hitter also beats copy. Vortex are not walls- they are best in situations where your opponent must win the round, and worst in situations when you must win the round. Therefore 8 power, while nice, is not altogether a priority for them. Ward hg's problem is that his damage is not consistent- he will consistently deal only 1 or 2 damage. And consistent damage is a much higher priority for Vortex.

Luba and Laura... don't see much play, at all. They shouldn't really. Even though the GHEIST 3* pool is really shallow now that Dolly is out of ELO, you still have 3 or 4 other 3* characters better than Luba, who at least has her ability partially protected.

Vortex do need better, harder hitting 2*, but Ward hg is not the answer. C Wing has an easy time losing when you need him to lose. Neloe deters fury. While not perfect, they have more use than Ward hg.
32/78
-Kefka- - Senior - - RaW Talent - English
Saturday 19/01/2013, 19:32

Zeke?

He laughs at SoB and at SoA, not many DRs will affect him, and when they do, it will only take off 1 dmg. Skeelz are generally low-damage (with exceptions), so an almost unstoppable 6 dmg is pretty nice. He can 2hko with Cley, another 3*, with Tomas, furied Chiara, Cealus, Eloxia, Dwan, and others in his clan. His only flaws imo are that he has an average 7 power with no attack or power manip, so attack manipulators and power manipulators can be a problem for him. His second flaw is that he has a minimum, so he can't deal the final blow of a KO. His minimum is still pretty low though, so he doesn't necessarily need to be played on the first or second round. His last flaw is a minor one, but all-stops and turn him into a useless 7-2.
He has lots of competition, like Cley, Sandro, Praxie and Chiara, but I think that in some decks he is able to take their spot. (Especially Cley, and Sandro in half-decks). And plus, he is dirt cheap.
33/78
misterjones - Titan - Limit Break English
Saturday 19/01/2013, 21:53

With this being a (sort of) Bangers week, I think Chlora is a very underrated card. She has the same damage as Blaaster Cr, and she has similar round-winning power against power/attack manip clans. Chlora can also serve as a blocker in a pinch against damage clans.

(Of course, Bangers are mostly awful anyway, so it's kind of a moot point.)

Hilly Billy-- Yeah, he's hard to land, but he works kind of like Karrion does in terms of gapping. Having an immediate KO threat in ELO regardless of what else you draw is nothing to sneeze at, and I've lost to hands featuring Hilly Billy before.
34/78
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Sunday 20/01/2013, 02:34

Hilly Billy is crap sorry. ok firstly, limited to first round. secondly weak to SoA SoB (less of SoB well I guess still he has 10 damage) but SoA in all forms are SO common. However, his BIGGEST problem is 0 assistance in combat. 7 power for 5 * is terrible, if he had 8 power and maybe like 1 less damage THEN we are talking.

Chlora is underrated, I agree.

lol Zeke what a joke. Firstly, again limited to first few rounds. Zeke is just so hard at winning, and way too much competition. and 7/6 for a 3* is friggin pathetic. Cley is not a competition, neither is Praxie. both crap. there exists Snowflake, Andy Ld (if you have him) or people turn to Lorna or Danae. Start really trying to play elo and maybe start to reach 1100 (good.. start!) and start talking.

@kitsune well you cant expect much more from a 2*.... 8 power is as high as it goes. as i said, C Wing IS a better option, but in cases if you would draw a bad hand Ward hg can be a lifesaver.
35/78
BK-Stillborn - Titan Español
Monday 21/01/2013, 06:03

I think Maazk is a underrated, 8 power with his bonus is very solid, 6 irreductible damage (except by a couple of cards in elo) that easily can turn in 8 if you played well . I personally think many 8/6 cards are great cards
36/78
Tuesday 22/01/2013, 00:52

Maazk is good for t2, but definitely not elo. hes just nothing special, and if he was in another clan he might have been a good card. lets say if he was in Uppers, he might even deserve a ban. but truth is, -10 attack is just WAYY better than +8 attack on an 8 power card. With power creep, it is very common to see cards with 8 power (noodile, Elvis, Brianna etc.) they just need to pill ONE extra pill to beat Maazk, and that kinda makes him pathetic. hes still prone to power reducers and SoB. final thing: way too much competition. i would def use Fuzz, and even Taham, Haze over him.
37/78
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Tuesday 22/01/2013, 02:08

I can definitely see Oracle's point with Ward hg. I've never been much of a Vortex player myself (only on occasion), but I can see where he's coming from.

Ok, Ward hg has the lovely 8 power. Everyone agrees that is a good thing. Where Kitsune does not like Ward hg, however, is in the ability to get a favourable match up for him. Saying that he will 'consistently' get 1 or 2 damage isn't entirely accurate. Obviously his ability can be stopped (making him on par with the commonly used Cyb Lhia), or he can face a low damage card. Just because his damage can often times be low, his presence in a hand can influence (not decide, but influence) which order your opponent has to play their cards. The fact that he THREATENS to do more than 1 or 2 can be valuable.

Keep in mind that Laura and Luba are both 3* cards. Ward's 1 less star is pretty much an automatic plus over those two comparisons. He's only 2 STARS, so 2-4 gap is perfectly acceptable, and he can threaten to do more. I hear you Kitsune about lacking the 'consistent' ability to make an impact, but its not like he's a 4*.

Amazing fantastic card without any flaws? No.
But underrated? Probably.

That said, I'm not likely to use him very often.
38/78
Tuesday 22/01/2013, 07:09

And 1 damage is not that bad, it is still doable. and thanks to bonus, you will get one pill back if you lose. what more can you expect from a 2*?

ok Tolliver: most underrated card in La Junta, more consistent than the other 2*s in all honesty. sometimes I see Katja in use, and Tolliver is just STRAIGHT up a better card (i mean +8 attack is pretty useless for a 9 power card). 9/5 for a 2*? sign me up. (look at Burger)
39/78
Thursday 24/01/2013, 11:23

Rubie: ok not true for top players, but a card that is sometimes overseen because of 5 power. I say not matter what, one of the best 3*s Uppers has to offer. only competition would be Oxen, and I would say use both, both very good cards. even against pesky Piranas/ Nightmare, rubie's SoA still makes her a threat. against SoA clans she still has 6 damage to boost. one of the best playable SoAs still in the game.
40/78
Fanta Pants - Guru - aussie crusaders English
Friday 25/01/2013, 11:50

Tolliver is not under rated. He's just awesome. Probably first choice in dual clan and now third in mono. Still amazing card Burger with 2 less damage for 2 less stars

« Previous12345678Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals