Differences between ELO rankings

Friday 18/01/2013, 11:18
Fotakou - Imperator ελληνικά

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
40 messages
Fotakou - Imperator ελληνικά - Friday 18/01/2013, 11:18

Hello guys,now that the week is ending I thought that it would be a good idea to open this thread

What I want to ask/discuss is what is the difference between 1000-1100,1100-1200,1200-1300 and 1300+ ELO rankings.

It seems clear to me that at the lowest ranges everything goes. I do not talk about a deck with 1 card of 8 different clans,but the variety of decks is too big,so I think that as long as your deck is balanced and you have a decent hand,you can rise.

But as the ranking increases? What do you believe is a must in a deck? Of course everything changes with weekly bans but what would you say remains constant in the prequisities of a good deck?

I believe:
SOA/SOB
DR
Solid stats(preferably 7+ power)
Nukes
Mono/half/5-3 decks(the 5-3 was mainly added to make 0 ComeAtMe rage )

Waiting for your input!
« Previous1234Next »

31/40
Monday 21/01/2013, 12:41

Whats the idea of the deck? I really like using Skeelz to win 3 rounds and then have a wall like Redra or Dwan to assist but I don't know if it can work. So I would probably put Danae somewhere there
32/40
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Tuesday 22/01/2013, 07:25

My suggestion is to use Lorna for your SOA. She's really the reason why Skeelz don't need SOA.
33/40
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 23/01/2013, 03:13

I know Skeelz are great against SOA and SOB, but if the goal is to carve out a niche as a clan of walls, then they need to be impervious to DRs as well. Praxie is a great card, and Carter is at least conceptually well-intentioned, though a 4* card with neither an ability nor bonus would probably need insane base stats like 8/6 or 7/7 to survive in the current meta.

Skeelz should release more cards like those, imho.
34/40
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 23/01/2013, 05:00

We are just given the common misconception that a Skeelz card HAS to be weaker than most cards in the meta. Now that I think about it, 8/7 prot: pwoer + damage is not op. tthink about it, Beeboy, Ongh, blaastar cr all still fight evenly towards this card, and their abilities are all blunted.
35/40
Wednesday 23/01/2013, 14:00

Well its been a while since Skeelz released a card so hopefully this Friday we can wait for something to feel the gaps that they have
36/40
Wednesday 23/01/2013, 19:14

8/7 double protection fights just as well as Ashigaru, with one more damage. However excellent double protection is in the current meta, it is still a metagame ability that often doesn't have a direct effect on the game. So the problem is not that this would be a "broken" character like Spyke. However, the concern is whether or not whether such a character, where would be clearly the best Skeelz 5* since Caelus, will push Skeelz as a whole into extreme dominance and how the meta would shake up if Skeelz became a top 4 clan (and considering also that this hypothetical character would dominate matchups against several top clans including All Stars, Uppers, Montana, Roots and GHEIST, some of which go immediately from being a bad matchup for Skeelz to a good one).
37/40
Thursday 24/01/2013, 00:27

Although Skeelz would be powerful, they will never dominate the meta like the broken Caelus Cr did. the reason why Caelus Cr is broken is essentially because sometimes he is as good as having 14 power, since reducing 7 to 2 against his own 4 is just as good as increasing himself from 4 to 14. although there are other factors like attack manipulation and power manipulation, but you get what i mean.

clans like Montana, Uppers, or All Stars will still give Skeelz a VERY hard time. also, i think that Skeelz need another 4* since Greem is always banned. a 4* or a 5* for next release would be great.

how bout 7/6 SoA

8/4 +1 life per damage (ok kills Manfred but thats what T Gaank did as well)
38/40
Friday 25/01/2013, 13:21

Aaaaand Skeelz delivered nicely this week!
39/40
Friday 25/01/2013, 14:22

I'd nitpick and say that Minerva would have been reasonable at 8/6, given that Marina is a 7/5. She is indeed the opposite of the double protection that we were discussing. She is a better wall than Michael, a supercombination of Belgosi and Redra. Even if she doesn't find a home in ELO, she'll be a big boost to Skeelz 1/2s in Type 2.
40/40
Friday 25/01/2013, 15:01

Lol didnt expect that coming, not especially game breaking (a bit sad because of that terrible 5 damage) but easy round winner and also common card YES great investment opportunity (gonna have the same fate as Sledg) replaces Michael in my book.

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals