Piranas in ELO

Piranas in ELO
Monday 21/01/2013, 22:29
LimitBender - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
Piranas in ELO
LimitBender - Guru - the courtyard of shadowsEnglish - Monday 21/01/2013, 22:29

Are Piranas considered high tier in ELO? If not, why not? I don't seem to see any glaring weaknesses in their lineup and strategy.
« Previous12Next »

2/11
Skeith931 - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 22/01/2013, 13:04

Are you talking in terms of Mono or Half? In terms of mono I noticed that Priannas usually need to win 3 against 1 in elo to win the match and winning 2 out 2 usualy ends in a loss.
3/11
LimitBender - Guru - the courtyard of shadows English
Tuesday 22/01/2013, 16:23

Well, I currently play mono and I've only played a few matches, but I noticed that my deck (or maybe Piranas in general) don't have many answers to SOA. I guess they're also hurt by a lack of a good DR.

Would a half deck be more effective? If so, what would be optimal to pair up with Piranas? I was thinking Vortex might work nicely with Piranas.
4/11
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Tuesday 22/01/2013, 19:32

Why? Piranas' best characters characters are strong early; same with Vortex. No, it's important to pair Piranas with a clan that is strong late, such as one with a combat bonus or SOA. You also want DR and SOA from your other 1/2; you want to win with your Piranas characters after all, so you want some characters that you can lose with for your other 1/2.
5/11
0 Nomi - Imperator - Ultimate Torney™ English
Tuesday 22/01/2013, 21:25

See, Piranas has tiny damage and zero DR. This, as a combo, is quite painful. Don't play mono Piranas unless you are skilled enough to win 3 rounds. I used to play them back when Smokey was not banned, and it was good. Now, it's not precisely easy to win with them.
6/11
Tuesday 22/01/2013, 23:20

Would Piranas/Junkz be a good combination? I found this preset that seems solid: http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=2511589&list
7/11
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 23/01/2013, 01:13

Piranas/Vortex was working quite well for me early on in the week, actually. Miss Lizbeth is strong enough to KO with many Vortex cards without the need for fury. Piranas SoB and Vortex's pill recovery help make this is a good strategy for a player who knows when to play aggressively.
8/11
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 23/01/2013, 03:23

Piranas and Junkz both have puny damage, so be prepared for some rage-inducing matches where you win 3/4 and lose to a furied Jautya
9/11
Wednesday 23/01/2013, 05:27

So any tips for a good ELO deck that includes Piranas? Or should I switch to a different clan?
10/11
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 23/01/2013, 08:05

Speaking from limited personal experience, Piranas/Jungo has always been a favorite of mine. Piranas' low damage is offset by the hard-hitting Jungo, and jungo's SOA vulnerability is attenuated by the Piranas.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals