Skeelz underpowered, no matter what they say

Sunday 27/01/2013, 07:55
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
61 messages
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Sunday 27/01/2013, 07:55

Ok not going to start off my thread with a great solid argument, just putting it out there that:

when i am using Nightmare/ Piranas/ GHEIST/ Roots and i still usually end up with 50-50s against Skeelz, then something is seriously wrong with the clan.

what do you think?
« Previous1234567Next »

21/61
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Sunday 03/02/2013, 13:03

Lol @jones yes sorry for not mentioning Snowflake. yah shes such a great card... just seem to be a lil bit hard to fit her in a deck. i mean her competition is FIERCE. Sandro and Chiara Cr are both really great, well if it comes down to a third choice she will fit. yah great card, but kinda coin flip most of the time, due to her limited to the first few rounds. personally, I am just kind of fed up with cards that has to be used in the first few rounds, as things become so luck based. i hate Greem too.

Skeelz is just a clan that always starts off behind. i mean even if your opponent makes mistakes, it is STILL possible for them to win. if say for a clan like Jungo and they make a perfect move, Jungo can pretty much end game with like Ongh or Troompah or a bomb.
22/61
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Sunday 03/02/2013, 16:52

@ Oracle: Agreed re: Jungo, but isn't that a case of them being OP rather than Skeelz being UP? Jungo has a way easier time hitting than any +damage clan really has the right to hit.

This brings me to an interesting point. Which clan(s) do you consider "balanced," neither OP or UP?
23/61
misterjones - Titan - Limit Break English
Tuesday 05/02/2013, 01:17

Bogdan + Qubik + Gertjan unbanned = great week for Skeelz
24/61
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Sunday 10/02/2013, 13:20

Used this to go 9-3 and 1200 -> 1315 in less than an hour. I've never gotten to 1300 on Sunday so quickly:

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=2458177

19:56 Elo you won by forfeit against 0 Farrell-Rip, R-I-P (9-12): 1315 ELO
19:53 Elo you beat hitman116, hitmanxxx Guild (5-0): 1297 ELO
19:46 Elo you won by forfeit against Di Joseba, DRAGONES IBEROS (8-5): 1282 ELO
19:43 Elo you lost against L waterman A, Les Larmes des Anges (2-10): 1261 ELO
19:37 Elo you almost won against 0 Myk, "Rim Tim" Team (0-3): 1271 ELO
19:33 Elo you won by forfeit against SCP_Nort3, ★ĐaяӄŠonş XIII★ (5-10): 1284 ELO
19:30 Elo you won by forfeit against Uos-Paolo, UNION OF THE SUPREMES (10-: 1274 ELO
19:24 Elo you lost against {GN}_pasote, Guardia de la Noche (1-9): 1252 ELO
19:19 Elo you beat Doubble U, The BeSharps (8-0): 1259 ELO
19:16 Elo you won by forfeit against -STYLES-, Chaos Legion (14-7): 1242 ELO
19:13 Elo you won by forfeit against claudiof95, Isthariani (8-4): 1221 ELO
19:09 Elo you crushed PA _SM0KE_, Piratas do Atlântico (10-0): 1210 ELO

The losses were 2 against Montana and 1 against Junkz, and the Junkz loss was because I mistakenly thought I drew Redra. Holy smokes Greem is OP in the current ELO. I had about an 80% win rate when I drew her- that's nuts for a 4*, and Michael draws have a high win % as well. Most of my losses today were to bad matchups (Montana and Vortex).
25/61
fry1990 - Veteran English
Sunday 10/02/2013, 14:25

Nice one!How do you use Greem when you draw her? 1st round bluff or something else?
26/61
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Sunday 10/02/2013, 17:37

@kitsune once again getting to 1300 IS NOT HARD AT ALL, and getting there fast does not mean a thing. you probably just had really lucky matchups, and Skeelz are actually weak to so many more clans, like ulu, All Stars, pussys etc.

once again I would recommend Liam over Belle, but thats just me.

Greem is literally PURE LUCK. shes not op, just a 'noob' card, in the way that you basically get lucky and pill right with her.

getting a hand without Greem against several DRs is almost instant lose.

how did you do well with Michael at all!??!
27/61
maki_mUR - Legend - Dragons Cro Clan English
Sunday 10/02/2013, 18:30

0 the oracle, there are other people who play with Michael and don't think he's crap. Just because you play well doesn't mean other people don't with different cards and tactics. Stop being so single-minded.
28/61
Monday 11/02/2013, 00:59

IMO Greem, Kenny Cr, and every other card like those are not "noob" cards. They can be used strategically to create pressure on your opponent for the duration of the entire game. The fact that they influence your opponent's decisions in terms of who they feel they can and can't pill is EXTREMELY valuable.

Remember that there is nothing forcing you to play Greem 1st turn with a random high/low number of pills. That's a "noob" move, but it doesn't offer any true advantage. You might get lucky or you might not.

If I have the time in the coming week, I may shoot for t100 with mono Skeelz. If so, I will post how it goes here.
29/61
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Monday 11/02/2013, 09:10

I had a detailed reply last night but for some reason it wasn't posted.

The skill in using Greem is being able to accurately assess the strength of your draw and the strength of your opponent's draw on turn 1. I go for it with Greem if my opponent's hand has any weakness:

No nukes? LOL
I drew Redra? LOL
No high pill fight walls? LOL
3-1 split? LOL
Low * count? LOL
Multiple SOA or SOB characters? LOL
Multiple conditional ability characters that don't help on turn 1? LOL
Nuke and wall are the same character? LOL

You need to accurately assess the chance that your opponent will use one of their nukes to oppose Greem. If their nuke is also their only wall, they will more likely play their nuke/ wall against Greem. The only time you don't go for it is when your opponent has a strong wall and many high damage characters. But most of the wall characters that used to put Greem in check are now on the ban list (Robb Cr, Spyke, Lehane). The only walls that Greem can't profitably fight are Mona, Nellie, Blaaster Cr and 10+ power Ulu.

I use 7-10 pills on Greem when I go for it, leaving me 2-5 pills to power up my walls. Greem is going to drop your opponent to 2 life and basically negates life gain, so you have to judge how many pills you need to stop your opponent from dropping you below 3 life. With 4 pills, Michael, Sandro, Sasha and Falkenstein all reach 50+ attack. A 7 power character needs 10 pills to hit you with fury. Your opponent has little room for error.
30/61
Monday 11/02/2013, 10:15

Excellent explanation, Kitsune. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I find that calling Greem a "noob" card is a little silly, since similar strategies exist in many clans. Sub in any strong nuke and strong walls/DR and off you go. However, in the case of Greem, she is harder to land than 99% of those nukes, with her completely unassisted 7 power. Let's be fair; SoB 6 powers often have an easier time hitting than her. It does take a little finesse to figure out whether you should "go for it" or just sit back and use her to apply pressure.

Yes, she is a very damaging card. But it's not that she is a "noob" card, it's that sometimes a "noob" can beat you with her. If you're going to call something a "noob" card, pick any number of ridiculous 5* round winner/nuke combos, as they're much easier to use.

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals