Skeelz underpowered, no matter what they say

Sunday 27/01/2013, 07:55
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
61 messages
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Sunday 27/01/2013, 07:55

Ok not going to start off my thread with a great solid argument, just putting it out there that:

when i am using Nightmare/ Piranas/ GHEIST/ Roots and i still usually end up with 50-50s against Skeelz, then something is seriously wrong with the clan.

what do you think?
« Previous1234567Next »

51/61
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 13/02/2013, 05:26

@Oracle: I am finding them fairly tricky to run ATM myself. Still haven't played many games, getting to a decent win/loss ratio, occasionally beating 1400+ players (mostly if they draw bad hands though...) Skeelz are definitely lacking a special something that many top clans have right now, but I wouldn't put them at the bottom of a tier list, either.
52/61
0 Nomi - Imperator - Ultimate Torney™ English
Wednesday 13/02/2013, 07:10

Skeelz lack damage. That's it. I used Skeelz every once in a while and do noticed that. Most times your opponent can just fury all pill something and let you win all other rounds and still get a win. Sometimes, playing Skeelz pretty much grants your opponent a free win. That's how damage-lacking they are.
53/61
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Wednesday 13/02/2013, 08:39

@Ghelas: How are you feeling about specific characters? Have you tried using Michael+Belle? How are you doing with Manfred and Jay?

@Nomi: They used to have this problem but it's improved a lot now that they have Michael, Belle and Dr Falkenstein. Falkenstein's 5 furies for 7 is pretty standard for a 4*.
54/61
Fanta Pants - Guru - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 13/02/2013, 12:03

Manfred and Jay aren't good cards. Manfred is jayuta with 1 more power a terrible condition and a worse bonus. Jay only has 7 power which is easily bested.

In all the Skeelz deck I've seen there isn't a huge deal of difference. They are all essentially the same deck. In other clans if I don't like a card I don't have to play it. I don't like Trish for my junta deck so I can use someone else. Skeelz you really can't do that.

So aside from damage issues they also have really bad depth issues.
55/61
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 13/02/2013, 13:36

@kitsune you have a weird liking towards some cards....... try reading some comments.

Michael: 7 damage is good, but courage is predictable. and if used on a turn going second... 7 power.. id rather use Snowflake in that situation. not to mention hes like the only card with fair damage. also, 10 power is still beatable.

Belle: sorry i dont get it. so you are going that weird strategy of.... furying on a 2*? sorry I dont care if it gives you more damage, you are just wasting a bunch of pillz, and makes your play even more risky.... what if you LOSE? also, kinda useless on last turn.... 7 power isnt getting anywhere too far.

Dr Falkenstein: yah hes standard, but sorry when the rest of the clan is not standard, a standard card doesnt cut it. 5 damage in a 'standard' Skeelz deck is basically the second highest damaging card.
56/61
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 13/02/2013, 13:50

@Kitsune: I personally like having Manfred, Jay, and Snowflake in my deck. Having three big nukes and a lot of pesky round-winners in my deck somewhat offsets the fact that 2 of my nukes are 7 power. Drawing 2 nukes definitely makes your game a lot less predictable as well, and with my deck composition, I will either draw 2 nukes or 3 stupid-strong round winners almost every game. I think that this is the best Skeelz deck I've played that does not rely on Greem.

I have tried Michael and Belle before, and while I like both cards, stuffing it too full of round-winners makes it more reliant on winning 3 rounds and more vulnerable to DR. Pretty happy with my current setup, and getting pretty close to a 3/4 win rate, which is good enough for t100 if consistent. Unfortunately I still haven't had a great deal of playtime, but I expect that to improve later on in the week.
57/61
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 13/02/2013, 15:09

@ghelas sorry why Manfred?? Jay is more understandable but Manfred not only is he confidence based, but hes highly vulnerable to DRs.
58/61
misterjones - Titan - Limit Break English
Wednesday 13/02/2013, 16:24

So I've used both Michael and Minerva in ELO, and believe it or not, Michael comes out ahead for me. I guess it's nice to have a flexible reducer like Minerva, but really, you'd rather have that ability on a 2* or 3* card. 5*'s need to hit hard, and Michael does do that. 10 power is beatable... by some clans. SOA and SOB clans fall behind very quickly.

I love pill manipulation cards, but try as I might, I can't find a spot for Belle in my mono-Skeelz setups. Her damage and degree of difficulty to use are just not what I want.
59/61
Taxt1271 - Hero - Limit Break English
Wednesday 13/02/2013, 17:24

@the oracle: Learn to grow up and respect that people have different opinions.

Cards like Ditha are glass cannons and very hard to hit with. Especially furied ones. They're also very easy to see coming since they're so one dimensional.
60/61
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Wednesday 13/02/2013, 18:33

@oracle: Belle just takes a lot of skill to use. Sorry, but you seem to disfavor skill intensive, high reward characters. Drawing Belle gives you the option of spending 1 pill for +2 damage. So to play her correctly, you must accurately assess whether that 2 damage is going to make a difference. If it is, then it is a bargain. When you win with her, she is essentially +14 attack. If you lose with her, that means your opponent pilled. A 2* that can alternatively draw pills, win rounds or hit for 4 is excellent for a 2*. But you like Liam so what is there to say? There is 0 skill to using Liam, and Liam is also kind of useless in many situations. Yes, he's good if they have a good damage ability... but is he going to help you beat Troompah like a more powerful SOA should? No. So you favor a lousy 2* character that takes no skill to play over a skill intensive 2* character that has a lot of synergy with the rest of the clan and also helps mitigate one of the clan's weaknesses. Sorry, but it sounds to me that instead of experimenting and learning to use the characters that Skeelz have been given, you'd rather complain and demand that the designers give you more OP versions of the low skill characters that you are used to. Clearly a clan named "Skeelz" is wrong for you.

Belle can be a 2* bluff. Or she can be a 7/2 +2 pills that punishes DR. Or she can be 7/2 +14 atk wall. Or she can be a 7/4 bomb with the ability +1 pills. Or she can be 7/4 +14 atk bomb wall for -1 pills.

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals