It’s Happy Hour time!

It’s Happy Hour time!
Monday 28/01/2013, 17:25
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
87 messages
It’s Happy Hour time!
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 28/01/2013, 17:31

For a whole month, from 28/01 to 01/03, every day at 5pm and 9pm (GMT +1:00), it’s Happy Hour on Urban Rivals.
Load up on Clintz for an hour.
1 damage = 1 Clintz.
Just turn up in any room (except the Training, Guild and Events rooms) and get playing!
Don’t hang around. Make the most of it.

edited by Boing Monday 28/01/2013, 17:31
« Previous123456789Next »

21/87
thedukeofEarl - Guru - the shockwaves English
Monday 28/01/2013, 19:19

Ya, sucks to be in the US, 10am and 2pm, so I'll be at work or church for all but three of them a week
22/87
TecWzrD LOA - Titan - Legends of America English
Monday 28/01/2013, 20:55

12 clintz a game and I average about 28-35 games an hour. Assuming I win them all and max out at 35 games I get a whopping 420 clintz. I can finally get Crystal or Bhudd, happy hour indeed O_o
23/87
One Piece Capt - Guru - Immortality English
Monday 28/01/2013, 21:04

What time is that for U.S. East coast?
24/87
I am Sylar - Hero - Elysium Aether English
Monday 28/01/2013, 21:53

Thanks, developers. I've been waiting for a feature like this. It makes it much easier to save up for cards.
25/87
BoneBreaker94 - Senior - War Angels Română
Monday 28/01/2013, 22:00

5 PM to 9PM people may work at that time , or go to school why dont they make it like a full day.
26/87
CB DarkBlood - Legend - Clintz Bank English
Monday 28/01/2013, 22:00

Come Clintz YOUR MINE!!!!!
27/87
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 28/01/2013, 22:04

For the sake of everyone concerned about inflation, I will analyze Happy Hour.

Most players will not be playing this entire hour. For some it will be entirely out of the question due to time zones and real life obligations.

Casual players will play a few games during this hour. They will not do enough damage every game to get more than a few clintz increase. But let's just for argument's sake assume that casual players will make 50 - 100 extra clintz during each Happy Hour. Nobody is going to notice.

Let's assume that there are hardcore players out there who really want to try to grind Clintz. They stack their deck with La Junta, full-pill/fury 1st turn, and 0 pill every other subsequent turn. Let's say they do an average of 10 damage per game and their games go fast, so that they get 40 games in an hour!

...Well, they have made a whopping 400 extra clintz that day. No doubt this fortune will be invested in multiple copies of Mac Hen and his price will go waaaay up... (Remember that these crazy "grinders" are the minority. Most UR players will see 0 gain or very small gain from this.)

On the down side, I have to say that although it's harmless, the very things that make it harmless cause it not to be exciting. Speaking bluntly, Happy Hour is not worth anyone's time. No offense to the developers/admins behind it, any small perk meant to make the game more exciting is appreciated. I just feel like this one falls short of what it was intended to do.
28/87
Lionskull - Titan - Open Casket English
Monday 28/01/2013, 22:15

So what time would it be for central?
29/87
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers All English
Monday 28/01/2013, 22:46

ghelas +1

Unfortunately, he's hit the proverbial 'nail on the head', this idea while interesting... 'interests' me very little...

Nice idea, but the current potential gain of participating is far too low, considering factors such as the current price of cards, how 'wealthy' certain players already are and the other means of generating Clintz in this game.

I still like the idea though, but it needs a serious recap, if its to interest anyone who's been playing the game longer than 24 hours.
30/87
HighFidelity - Legend - Open Casket Deutsch
Monday 28/01/2013, 23:03

@ghelas: yeah you are right, I pretty much overestimated the impact it has. Thinking about it for a bit longer it's actually a nice way for newer players to catch up a little faster without really hurting anyone else.

« Previous123456789Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals