Friday 22/02/2013, 11:12
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
43 messages
At the Docks
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Friday 22/02/2013, 11:12

In the port of Clint City, there are no shanty-singing sailors, except
if you like the sound of Morgane bellowing at Crunchy after he tried to
steal fish from the Piranas' supplies. And there are no seagulls either.
They were all chased away by Shizawa´s flying origami. In fact, when
all's said and done, the most normal thing about the port is Hendz, the
famous goalkeeper with four robotic arms pumping himself full of iodine.
Get these characters in the shop's packs5 new missions have been added. Find the list of Newblood missions by clicking on the Missions tab.
« Previous12345Next »

11/43
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 22/02/2013, 15:36

Im surprised no one noticed I fought Shizawa was a 5* in my post lol.
12/43
Espectroscuro - Admin English
Friday 22/02/2013, 15:43

@UM_AaaBattery : Shhh, no one wanted to make fun of you
13/43
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Friday 22/02/2013, 15:56

@ thoazol
Piranas needed a 'good card'. When other clans face Michael or C Beast or cards they can't beat, they have a DR to soak the damage. Piranas can't even do that. The clan is also devoid a solid SOA or a defeat card. An average card like Morgane does not help. Taljion Ector and Tyd are better and all of them are pretty cheap, so even for newbies she would be somewhat unwanted .

On Shizawa: yeah if its a 4 or less damage you get min 5, but that's my opinion, and i don't think Ur is gonna change his horrible ability.

On Hendz: He is a 5*. he should not have this unstable ability. Look at Python do you use him? on one to one Hendz looses against Python.
by courage i also implied revenge cards like Mawpin etc
Sigurd, Dallas, El Gringo Oyoh are better choices and they do a lot better against cards like Pam and Boohma.
14/43
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 22/02/2013, 16:22

@hash
Define good card for the Piranas.
That's not how it should work, since there isn't 5 damage to copy, is there?
And yeah. Because nobody uses Python, nobody should play a card that loses to him, yet 1/5 Junkz card is a staple.
15/43
princekhlil12 - Hero English
Friday 22/02/2013, 16:43

Oh,Well
GHEIST doesn,t need winning anyway
16/43
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Friday 22/02/2013, 17:02

@Thoazol
A good 3* Something on similar to Romana, Lorna, Trish, Uranus, Clover, Cherry
It doesn't matter. If you don't like my solution that doesn't make him an awesome card. Shizawa is a very unstable card.
actually 7/6 Stop +4 damage ability would have been better. Under normal circumstances he's no better than Laura or Yu Mei which are 3 stars.
And Yeah, Power=opp power is a very weak ability, Which is why Python is not used much, what makes you so sure Hendz is gonna be used more?
Never said Nobrocybix is a staple, but the fact that a newly released 5 star can't beat him, it sure tells how unstable that 5* is.
17/43
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 22/02/2013, 17:25

@hash
Yes, Shizawa is unstable, weak, easily beaten and all that cool stuff. Just pointing out a glaring flaw with using a minimum with these cards.
And possibly the fact that P=PO and -2 opp power have a certain symbiosis to them? And that Hedz isn't totally helpless in the face of a Soa?
Also, Nobrocybix is just the worst case scenario. How many of him have you seen in the past year?
18/43
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Friday 22/02/2013, 17:55

Just my small opinion on this week's release...

Shizawa: I think KitsuneKasumi hit the nail on the head. FPCs have strong 4* cards in Fei and if needed, Heitachi. Also, Yu Mei will be a better alternative. Even with 8 damage in SoA situations, 7 power is a little bit risky to go all-out with, since Roots, for example, can easily beat him in terms of overall attack.

Morgane: Could be useful, but as most have said 6 power is too low. The ability also does not assist in winning the round, and can only be effective as a nuke. The other 3* staples of the clan may have better use.

Hendz: Can be pretty strong as a nuke to knock-out the opponent or just be used to intimidate. However, I find Sigurd to be a better alternative as the attack boost helps to make the card more stable.

Crunchy: Can be very strong against low-power cards, but due to the high demand of attack-manipulation clans, this card may have little use (referring to the cards among these clans with SoB, such as Flanagan, Edd or Protection such as Gianfranco.) in competitive Elo and can be very risky to draw out. However, he can be a surprise early nuke with maybe 4-5 pillz if need be.

Thoughts: Is Crunchy going to be effective as a splash? I may try that out sometime.
19/43
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDang English
Friday 22/02/2013, 20:44

On Hendz: ELO AS already uses Randy do really, "what if..." scenarios are rather impractical. The only reason an ELO player might not use Randy is SOA. He's not worried about characters with < 3 power. Hendz improves on Randy's weakness towards SOA. At 8 damage, he is tied for 2nd highest gap among AS 5*s (only Hammer on Courage gaps harder). His ability is just as effective, really, in the same matchups that El Gringo's ability is effective (against 7 and 8 power characters). The only consideration you need to make is that you are using him over Randy, and he has competition in Dallas.
20/43
SilverSoybeans - Hero - Organized Konfusion English
Saturday 23/02/2013, 04:30

With the last 3 releases (counting this one) I think UR hates FPC, especially since rival clan La Junta has been showered with blessing these past releases.

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals