New: DUEL Mode!

Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:27
elocau - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
420 messages
elocau - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29

Come and fight Kate in the new DUEL game mode and win cards and battle points! Every day, Kate will set 3 challenges: fight her and win common cards. Then, if you're feeling on form, you can carry on fighting her after having won the 3 daily cards and go on to win battle points.Every 24 hours, 3 new challenges will be available as well as new common cards to be won.
Click here to take up the challenge!

For the time being, the duel mode is available in Beta. We are planning to keep a close eye on what happens in terms of results (number of players, number of games, impact on the market, etc.) and will then make a decision about whether to keep it, amend it or simply get rid of it.

edited by elocau Wednesday 27/02/2013, 16:29
« Previous12...3536373839404142Next »

411/420
Artemis-BZ - Moderator - BrainZtorm English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 05:53

I agree with Babs Hartley - I dont even have to get free commons, but I dont want to be blocked from playing Duel
412/420
Zincomega - Titan English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 08:36

Too bad about this new change. Duel mode just felt more relaxing to play and experimenting with various cards and decks, plus players don't have to worry about intentional slow players or worry about losing streaks. Plus the room is probably helpful for the ones who don't have the best internet connection and don't want to lose a match in PvP due to lost connection.
413/420
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 09:28

Do people actually use Duel mode to 'test' or 'experiment' new decks? Kate's tendency to randomly 10-pill round 1 or 2 doesn't make her the most reliable indicator of your deck being good against real opponents.

If UR wasn't against other humans I wouldn't play. It might be 'relaxing', but is it not also horribly boring? I just don't understand, that's all.
414/420
Sho-Nuff Ld - Imperator - 日本 C'est Bon Academy
Saturday 22/06/2013, 11:08

Kate keeps timing out and it's VERY irritating!!!
415/420
Valhalas - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 15:32

Duel was the only mode I still enjoyed playing after two years of UR and now they're taking it away, I will probably just quit completely.
416/420
RC_Makath - Titan - __RaGe_Of_ChAoS__BR__ Português
Saturday 22/06/2013, 23:26

Some ideas:

1) Number of Duel Mode battles increases as you level up:

lvl 1-5 = 5 (1 card)
lvl 5-15 = 15 (2 cards)
lvl 15-25 = 25 (3 cards)
25+ = Same number as our level (lvl 45 gets 45 battles). It's a reason to level up after you have all the leaders.

2) Duel Mode battles as a consolation prize on the slot machine

3) A certain number of fights in other modes would allow you to play more Duel Mode fights, numbers could change when UR feels a certain mode it's being played less. (you could restrict this to wins in other modes)

4) Duel Mode becomes unlimited after level X.

5) A series of quests on other modes to unlock Duel Mode for that month.

6) No more cards/Clintz in Duel Mode after level X, just BP and ability to advance missions.

7) No more Clintz/BP award, just the ability to advance missions.
417/420
(((-))) - Legend Español
Sunday 23/06/2013, 06:18

Duel Mode is great for missions !! The common cards are crap anyway so it don't matter if it is one card or none but a limit on how many times you are allowed to play in the room is nonsense a limit forces players on missions to go and play with other players that will make it harder and longer to complete missions UR is trying to force us into a bad situation after creating Duel Mode that was a great addition for players on missions if you force a limit on duel mode who is not to say that soon more limits will be implemented? The perfect solution would be to make the AI more intelligent, then no one would abuse Duel Mode but as it stands Kate sucks and I for one like my odds against her when I am playing for missions and when I am done with poison and heal missions I will have to move on to tourney, survivor and elo missions
418/420
-Bakuryu - Senior English
Sunday 23/06/2013, 07:10

Wow.. Please stop complaining that other players are too hard. The game is supposed to be challenging. Missions are supposed to be challenging and you work towards them. You don't cheat your way through them. It's like everyone who pfulls to the top. You didn't earn it.
419/420
Valhalas - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 24/06/2013, 08:13

It's a game, you're supposed to have fun, not "work hard" or "earn" anything if that's not what gives you joy.
Duel mode is what gives me fun atm, why should I be restricted from it?
420/420
Artemis-BZ - Moderator - BrainZtorm English
Monday 24/06/2013, 10:36

@ Valhalas - ditto

« Previous12...3536373839404142Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals