New: DUEL Mode!

Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:27
elocau - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
420 messages
elocau - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29

Come and fight Kate in the new DUEL game mode and win cards and battle points! Every day, Kate will set 3 challenges: fight her and win common cards. Then, if you're feeling on form, you can carry on fighting her after having won the 3 daily cards and go on to win battle points.Every 24 hours, 3 new challenges will be available as well as new common cards to be won.
Click here to take up the challenge!

For the time being, the duel mode is available in Beta. We are planning to keep a close eye on what happens in terms of results (number of players, number of games, impact on the market, etc.) and will then make a decision about whether to keep it, amend it or simply get rid of it.

edited by elocau Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29
« Previous12...192021222324...4142Next »

211/420
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Sunday 03/03/2013, 16:52

I tell you what happens in the market near future:

Prices drop now, but some people will think they can drain the supply - so the prices normalize or even go higher in near future (1-4 months). After that those rogue investors realize they are doing nothing that profits them - they buy 3 cards to sell 2 at higher price and just stack cards - their capital is tied to those cards and they cannot get it back.

After they realize they cannot outrun the supply with their money they will dump their lots. Other rogue investors will get those lots initially - but after some 10000 card per character has changed from owners to others the new "rogues" realize its bad business. Then these investors fight each other perpetually until cheapest cards are around 40-60clintz and some balance is found.

This is the future of common cards.

Meanwhile those who just sell their common lots for cheap (even for some loss) will invest their moneys to uncommons/rares giving them a permanent priceboost. Also normal players who sell their Duel-cards will spend their clintz to uncommons/rares creating kind of double-demand atleast as long as common cards hold some value. Some investors will profit from this and they will circulate their money - again - to CR's/uncommons/rares - so the death of current common market feeds the other side of the market significantly.

This is in nutshell what will happen. If you use this insight for profits and succeed - toss me a random card to show respect
212/420
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 03/03/2013, 17:08

"until cheapest cards are around 40-60clintz"
Two things. Firstly, you can't sell a card for less than 50 clintz. Secondly, nobody is gonna sell even the lousiest common 1* card that aren't starter cards for less than 85ish clintz, because after the taxes Kate pays more/roughly the same.
213/420
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Sunday 03/03/2013, 17:44

"Firstly, you can't sell a card for less than 50 clintz. "

Yes you can - but it needs to be trade card to cards with lower nominal price. In market that 50 clintz is minimum, but in straight trades cards can go under that.

"'t starter cards for less than 85ish clintz, because after the taxes Kate pays more/roughly the same."

UR trivia : Kate pay is not fixed, the more UR sells to her the lower her prices go - this is something that is rarely seen these days because most of the time cards are just traded player-to-player, even the starter pack cards. I have seen this happen with Kyle that got so cheap in market he could be sold to Kate for profits (I did it a lot; easy instant money) - until Kate pay got too low.

Regarding commons we will see this too.
214/420
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 03/03/2013, 17:57

" Kate pay is not fixed"
It was the last time I sold a card to her. Admittedly, that was a few years ago.
215/420
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Sunday 03/03/2013, 18:29

I love the new mode. it is T2, but with more surprises.. although I hate the stupid AI haha
216/420
tgh02 - Titan - Open Casket English
Sunday 03/03/2013, 18:30

I like Duel, and I enjoy UR's reward levels.

While I understand everyone's concern regarding inflation...overnight this is the most popular UR feature. Surpassing Happy Hour total players, surpassing rewards for New Players. And that's key to increasing total members, and encourage them to stay with their UR apps daily.

Clintz is a huge problem, I get that. However, a new players looks at DJ Korr Cr and knows they'll never reach that through casual play. But handing out the equivalent of 1 free Common Pack (worth 7 Credits) will impact the game (positive/negative?).

If you are worried about low cr@p cards dropping to 50Clz then why didn't you do something when they dropped to 100Clz? Also, the playable Commons like Archibald / Dayton / Spiaghi will get snatched up and resold for profit. ie. Archibald was 750Clz before Duel, and dropped to 489Clz this morning but before I could buy, these were all purchased and reposted at 790Clz.

Look familiar? Market manipulation works both ways and as long as there's money to be made and investors want to protect their assets then good commons will retain value.

* But my first point is that New Players benefit most and encourages them to return daily. That's worth UR's ROI for their company because honestly there's too much smartphone / gaming options out there and the more players that sign up means UR will remain a viable business.

Real money is more important than video game money (Clintz).
217/420
Rip666 - Titan - ELITE_LTU English
Sunday 03/03/2013, 20:38

SUGGESTION: Stop counting fights/ wins in Duel mode to player's stats shown in profile. Because winning against Kate is definitely a lot easier than winning against any player and these wins shouldn't be rated equally in stats.
218/420
-Bakuryu - Senior English
Sunday 03/03/2013, 21:47

Not true! A lot of people play worse than Kate!
219/420
Tropicallo - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Monday 04/03/2013, 01:23

I like it. I think it's less limited than the Solo missions, and it gives an alternative to PVP. Plus, free cards (even if they are common) is a pretty awesome prize. Even if other prizes are better, earning cards is direct. Seeing a card you want gives incentive to keep fighting, even if you are losing, and gives a reason to improve and not give up. Sometimes you get in a bad streak and UR is unforgiving, and it's easier to put it down. I think having something to balance that out is great. Good mode.
220/420
Pijanac - Titan - ExtraordinarY KillerS English
Monday 04/03/2013, 01:23

Just glad that I sold all of my common cards. I'll buy them back for my collection once their prices drop to 200 clintz.

With a huge supply of common cards there will nobody be able to control the market, regardless how much they have as there will always be people who will get those cards daily from duel and will just sell them for a lower price. You can't fight an unlimited supply of cards and that's what duel does to common cards.

« Previous12...192021222324...4142Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals