New: DUEL Mode!

Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:27
elocau - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
420 messages
elocau - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29

Come and fight Kate in the new DUEL game mode and win cards and battle points! Every day, Kate will set 3 challenges: fight her and win common cards. Then, if you're feeling on form, you can carry on fighting her after having won the 3 daily cards and go on to win battle points.Every 24 hours, 3 new challenges will be available as well as new common cards to be won.
Click here to take up the challenge!

For the time being, the duel mode is available in Beta. We are planning to keep a close eye on what happens in terms of results (number of players, number of games, impact on the market, etc.) and will then make a decision about whether to keep it, amend it or simply get rid of it.

edited by elocau Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29
« Previous12...212223242526...4142Next »

231/420
Boris Unbound - Titan English
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 03:41

My humble comments.

Since this new room was introduced I have observed a huge shift from Fight Club to Duel. I am personally concerned about this. It's not just new players who migrated. What has given this game staying power is the human element. It has now been removed and rewarded

I also think this concept further distorts the players battle record. The training missions and solo missions serve a purpose.
They are short lived and give new players relevant experience before playing REAL people. This new mode seems to send
things backwards by motivating or baiting players to battle the games IA. I think in the long run this is really going to hurt
the game.

However, in the abstract this a good experiment into the nature of people. Offer something for free without any real effort and they will respond in quantity. Very political in nature, but of course this is not the proper forum for that discussion.

As for the effect on the market, as with any market, time will tell.

B
232/420
Pijanac - Titan - ExtraordinarY KillerS English
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 03:42

@maki_mur I'd like to believe that people are playing it for the 3 cards only and then move on, but I check the numbers several times a day and it's always the same picture. 50 percent of the players in Duel mode, the rest divided over all the other rooms.

I do agree that something needs to be done about the timeouters and withdrawers. I do put all those players on my block list. I hope I don't have to play them ever again that way.

Kate plays a card within 10 seconds, there aren't any players playing that quickly. And she is the most predictable player ever. Those two combined equal to quick victories for players with helping the missions getting completed. That's a nice advantage of not having to play other modes. Destroys it in the end for us other players.
233/420
Tropicallo - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 10:43

Basic packs lost what little value they had.
234/420
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 10:53

I'd think most people play duels for the same reason I do: No more bothering about "§$"=§$"§$ players who stall, timeout, quit.... Yes, it has indeed become bad enough that normal modes are way less fun due to these players.
235/420
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 15:31

A few small changes could be: Don't allow solo fight to count towards you win/lose ratio, Don't allow them to give BP or Clintz.

If the worst comes to the worst and its having a bad effect look at changing how missions work there.
236/420
joseph_27 - Imperator - DL's Knights English
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 16:32

Just got Nahema
237/420
Rip666 - Titan - ELITE_LTU English
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 17:08

If you want some feedback then I'll repeat my initial thought: Don't count games played/ wins/ losses towards players' stats in their profiles. If you decide to do this please also remove stats from Duel mode fights already counted if that is possible. Also, some change must be made in order to make people play other modes more because now many people play duel mode just for the missions and not because they need/want free common cards.
238/420
El Darrioso - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 19:02

Does it work for mobile users? I mean the duel mode is there, but im not sure im winning cards
239/420
El Darrioso - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 19:53

Kates best hand: DJ Korr Cr , Haze , Guru Cr , and Stella
240/420
atif_dzx - Guru - THE FANTASY DKB!!! English
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 21:03

Ah at last some body thought of beginners.

« Previous12...212223242526...4142Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals