New: DUEL Mode!

Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:27
elocau - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
420 messages
elocau - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29

Come and fight Kate in the new DUEL game mode and win cards and battle points! Every day, Kate will set 3 challenges: fight her and win common cards. Then, if you're feeling on form, you can carry on fighting her after having won the 3 daily cards and go on to win battle points.Every 24 hours, 3 new challenges will be available as well as new common cards to be won.
Click here to take up the challenge!

For the time being, the duel mode is available in Beta. We are planning to keep a close eye on what happens in terms of results (number of players, number of games, impact on the market, etc.) and will then make a decision about whether to keep it, amend it or simply get rid of it.

edited by elocau Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29
« Previous12...222324252627...4142Next »

241/420
Boltzmann - Titan - the courtyard of shadows English
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 21:23

I used to think I wanted a mode like this: play against the computer for good rewards. Now i think we would be better without it.
1) There's less people in the real rooms. Legendary missions were a genius way to spark interest in vs fighting. Now that is all undone as people (myself included) grind on Kate all day.
2) Common packs are pointless. I can fight 8 matches against Kate and see 3 cards. If I like the last one, I can go the extra 10, but 18 matches is all I have time for most days. Which means I won't play against people unless I absolutely have to for an LD mission. Which brings me to...
3) The duel rewards are often better than the LD cards. Getting these good commons is great, but it just takes away from the friendly competition in UR.
4) Facing off against Kate actively makes me a worse player. I'm not the best player, but once I've been grinding on Kate for a while, I become total crap. It takes me a little warmup to face humans again.

I appreciate all the work that goes into this game, and this game mode seemed like a dream come true, but I kind of wish it would go away. Sorry. Ideally, I would rather face people than grind on Kate, but human nature says I'm going to grind on Kate every day until I burn out.
242/420
theKFCguy - Imperator - Great White North English
Wednesday 06/03/2013, 00:38

Imo after you've completed getting all 3 cards you shouldn't be able to keep playing.
243/420
Boltzmann - Titan - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 06/03/2013, 01:55

Part of my problem is that I don't have time for much more than 18 matches on most days anyway. So I might as well use them on the guaranteed commons if they are ones that I don't have or are worth clintz.
244/420
lemming58 - Titan English
Wednesday 06/03/2013, 02:28

The intention of this game mode is great: to help new players start building some decent decks with good common cards.
But right now the game mode is being played/abused by more than half of active players (myself included) for many reasons: free cards, easy mission completion (too easy ,) etc, etc. The impact duel mode would bring to the game isn't so great, well, for all the reasons already mentioned: impact on market, (just count the free cards given out daily we know how many players are in duel room thorughout the day ,) impact on the real player vs player modes that makes the game fun instead of a grind, etc, etc.

So a few suggestions:

1) Put a level cap in this mode and limit it to those who really could use the help of starting playing decent game, say, level 20, 25 ish and under.
2) Do not count battle win/lose into player stats.
3) Do not count performance into mission completion.
4) Eh, seriously, Kate needs to play a little better than going 10-12 pills in the first round!
245/420
(((-))) - Legend Español
Wednesday 06/03/2013, 04:02

I have been playing since 6pm est USA time and i have not received my rewards for winning,what has changed? i play on my iphone and i cant tell what my challenges are un less i go to the laptop which is a hassle so i am asking what happened to the 3 challenges for today ???
246/420
zwinhalder - Imperator - Gamerz Sanctuary English
Wednesday 06/03/2013, 07:21

Brace yourself!

The price of common cards will reduce greatly..
247/420
Player287578 - Titan English
Wednesday 06/03/2013, 19:59

The common card market is already crashing!
248/420
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Wednesday 06/03/2013, 20:38

Jeff has gone WAY up though...
249/420
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Wednesday 06/03/2013, 20:42

DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR
Today at 12:38
Jeff has gone WAY up though...

Character specific mission for Lianah Ld, that's why
250/420
Rip666 - Titan - ELITE_LTU English
Wednesday 06/03/2013, 21:00

I do agree with pretty much everything Boltzmann and lemming58 said.

« Previous12...222324252627...4142Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals