New: DUEL Mode!

Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:27
elocau - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
420 messages
elocau - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29

Come and fight Kate in the new DUEL game mode and win cards and battle points! Every day, Kate will set 3 challenges: fight her and win common cards. Then, if you're feeling on form, you can carry on fighting her after having won the 3 daily cards and go on to win battle points.Every 24 hours, 3 new challenges will be available as well as new common cards to be won.
Click here to take up the challenge!

For the time being, the duel mode is available in Beta. We are planning to keep a close eye on what happens in terms of results (number of players, number of games, impact on the market, etc.) and will then make a decision about whether to keep it, amend it or simply get rid of it.

edited by elocau Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29
« Previous12...262728293031...4142Next »

281/420
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Monday 11/03/2013, 16:06

BP has been an irrelevant gauge for most everything, just as victory percentage. (Mine, I want to point out, still includes old Warehouse losses; for nobody it considers if he stomps news with a 40* decks or poses himself a challenge with 8* etc.).

No, I do not want to say this is irrelevant. I just want to point out that problems with BP as a gauge for anything has been growing and growing as well, without anything being done there. Still, personally I do not care much for this. The real problem of the game is quitters and stallers (including a fairness rating that has lost quite a bit of meaning as well...)
282/420
thepeacock - Hero - Comfort In Sound English
Tuesday 12/03/2013, 02:04

I find some of the arguments against Duel mode laughable : "Everyones playing Duel instead of DM/etc so make Duel mode crappier!"

Hows about making the rewards for all modes better, then people would be as interested in your preferred mode as they are in this one.
283/420
The Dope Show - Hero English
Tuesday 12/03/2013, 06:36

Predictable? You call her predictable? I lose more than I win against her.
284/420
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Tuesday 12/03/2013, 13:10

@Dope show
kate is predictable, especially when you play with a +35* deck
285/420
gato-ld - Imperator - Amigos de los Amigos Español
Tuesday 12/03/2013, 16:28

All I see about this complaining is a bunch of titan-or-above level players shouting: "HEY UR STAFF, GIVE US BACK OUR NOOBS SO WE CAN STOMP ON THEM AND FEEL GOOD PLAYERS AGAIN"

I like this new mode, gives you the chance to get through "win X fights by K.O." without the chance of your opponent leaving the battle when the screw up. Also, you see Kate playing with clans you don't see often (out of Ld weeks).
Gives new players the chance of trying and get new options for decks by giving them common cards, so they don't have to make their way through UR only with the basic deck against fully developed (and surely more expensive) decks..
And giving away common cards don't seems too bad for me: some artificially inflated prices for common cards will have to go down, yet I don't see every card price crashing and burn.

By the way...
When I started in Urban Rivals, I tried in classic mode to get used to the gameplay, and all I remember was noobs like me, and a bunch of 90 level players with Ambre+Montana decks, waiting for those noobs. This as all the time, and not always the same people. They weren't on the "challenging" modes (big prizes). This hasn't changed yet.

I think this will help this, by leaving the championship room for those who fell prepared to face a human opponent and the popular decks and clans they use.
In the end, I see more pros than cons (for some players).

So go now, and have fun!
286/420
Guts - Imperator - Deus eX Machina ελληνικά
Wednesday 13/03/2013, 13:35

Well staff should give more attention to the site's bugs and things that ought to make us,Urban Rivals Users feel more comfortable rather than creating another mode. A bug I found, and I think it is has already been reported is on DT's. When you level up and you have won the battle while competing in a dt you get like 5 points . Another thing that would more likely attract more people is making the game available in tabs. I would love having Duel, Elo, a DT page and event matches simultaneously. Please take this into consideration. Since there is not suggestion topic in the Message Board I am posting my suggestions here.
287/420
theKFCguy - Imperator - Great White North English
Saturday 16/03/2013, 00:18

Is it me or is kate playing a lot slower now ?
288/420
WAO hash - Titan Deutsch
Monday 18/03/2013, 01:58

@ gato-ld
its not bout complaining that all the noobs are gone.
the Duell isn´t for your mission points.

Duel mode should just be avaliable for players under level 20.
Look at the market. All commons drop..

btw. this Decks beats Kate:
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=2548694&list
289/420
Whitedragon11 - Divinity - Limit Break English
Monday 18/03/2013, 04:12

Decks with OHKO will usually cause Kate to pill it all the first turn, just a tip
290/420
Espectroscuro - Admin - Le p0tager English
Monday 18/03/2013, 11:49

Hi everyone,

For now we're still checking how the players evolve in the Duel game mode. This mode currently satisfies us since it reaches the goal we wanted : to give a little help to new players and a daily hobby to players who want to play without the pressure of PVP.
Distributing common cards affects their price in the market, we're aware of it. I point out that only non-Collector, non-New Blood commons are distributed in the Duel mode. This will redirect only some investments of market players. The prizes fo the Duel mode will provide to players discovering UR with a little basis for their decks, the beginnings of a collection and some clintz while selling them.

The secondary advantages of the mode don't look negative to us for now. We don't wish to rush changes at the moment. If a lot of people are playing it, it's because they find something they wanted or needed in it.
We are thinking about improving other game modes, to find a transition to competitive modes so the players will play them because they want to and not because they have to. Our priority is a nice game experience.
You will probably find less players with novice decks in competitive rooms to make you up your score fast, but that means the general level of the decks will be higher.
New players will certainly come back in the competitive modes when they feel ready.

Finally, I want to remove any doubt about it : we didn't keep the ideas we imagined in the forum about selling Collectors for Credits.

« Previous12...262728293031...4142Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals