Come and fight Kate in the new DUEL game mode and win cards and battle points! Every day, Kate will set 3 challenges: fight her and win common cards. Then, if you're feeling on form, you can carry on fighting her after having won the 3 daily cards and go on to win battle points.Every 24 hours, 3 new challenges will be available as well as new common cards to be won.
Click here to take up the challenge!
For the time being, the duel mode is available in Beta. We are planning to keep a close eye on what happens in terms of results (number of players, number of games, impact on the market, etc.) and will then make a decision about whether to keep it, amend it or simply get rid of it.
edited by elocau wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29
5 / 10 / 15 is counter-productive and wastes UR resources and bores players
1) 30 matches @ 4 minutes/match requires 2 Hours for 3 Common Cards (average total = 900Ctz)
2) Veteran players will play ELO / DT for better rankings/payouts and opportunity for Cr
3) New Players won't grind out 2 Hours
4) App Players will not play on their device for 2 Hours to win 3 Commons (especially when new credit conversion 1 Credit = 200Ctz)
* Try reducing Duel to 2x Rounds? 1st Card @ 3 Wins / 2nd Card @ 10 Wins
* This sustains player interest, retains new players' activity, encourages daily return visit, and 13 Duel Matches doesn't become a 'Chore'
* Duel was meant to encourage New Players to learn UR and encourage them to return...so why subject them to 2 Hours for 3x Common cards? I agree veteran players will switch back to their regular routine but UR risks alienating New Players with their new 5 / 10 / 15 format
@WP_jamox360 : it should already work properly.
@Coldberg : yes the 3 wins stage is still active for today, and will be replace by the 5 wins one as of tomorrow.
@tgh02 : it should make cards a bit harder (time-consuming) to obtain, yes. That's what we aim for.
I get that the new 5/10/15 is supposed to make it a bit more challenging, but for me it's only more time consuming. You see, I'm not really a competitive player, more of a collector, so I love Duel mode. The problem is that as a lvl 18, I have major issues in winning when I get DJ Korr Cr and cards like that thrown at my face. Winning is more a matter of waiting for Kate to do the powerpill in the beginning.
Why not make the 15 win card an uncommon? This would open up a whole new level of posibilities, and sure is an encouragement to keep playing, plus, because some uncommons are quite strong, it might make actual wins possible, even for new players.
Meh.. "a bit harder" lol! you guys doubling the amount needed to get the card! what do you guys mean by "a bit" (from 8 fights to 15 for 2 cards, from 18 fights to 30 fights)?
I will get the first card and then stops there.
there is something that we called opportunity cost, and this one (15 fights) doesn't worth my time anymore. too much cost than gain. for example 25-35 minutes to 45 minutes- 1 hour for 2 cards.
from 18 fights to 30 fights for all 3. damn lol..from 1 hour of grinding to 2 hours of it. good time? lol..