New: DUEL Mode!

Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:27
elocau - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
420 messages
elocau - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29

Come and fight Kate in the new DUEL game mode and win cards and battle points! Every day, Kate will set 3 challenges: fight her and win common cards. Then, if you're feeling on form, you can carry on fighting her after having won the 3 daily cards and go on to win battle points.Every 24 hours, 3 new challenges will be available as well as new common cards to be won.
Click here to take up the challenge!

For the time being, the duel mode is available in Beta. We are planning to keep a close eye on what happens in terms of results (number of players, number of games, impact on the market, etc.) and will then make a decision about whether to keep it, amend it or simply get rid of it.

edited by elocau Wednesday 27/02/2013, 16:29
« Previous12...3536373839404142Next »

341/420
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Wednesday 27/03/2013, 10:58

Yeah maybe when the rewardzZz go up...
Why would I waste time playing 30 rounds for Tatane??
(which I got double...)

meh lousy change...
342/420
Wicked Witch - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 27/03/2013, 12:12

To complete the new missions.. lets face it.. kate is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
343/420
MaddAddams - Titan - Elephant Riders English
Wednesday 27/03/2013, 16:59

Free commons is not a small reward. It's not atypical for a common to be worth 200 clintz. For six straight wins in Survivor mode, versus strong human opponents, you receive 185 clintz. This is also typically the payout in a DT for either the 51-100 range or the 101-150 range, a time investment of about forty five minutes to an hour. Beating Kate five times is way easier than that. If you want solid clintz return on your time investment, you really can't do better than Kate. Why play anything else?
344/420
MaddAddams - Titan - Elephant Riders English
Wednesday 27/03/2013, 17:35

Here's some hard numbers. I just spent ten minutes beating Kate five times to win a Cherry, an average value common, which I immediately put on the market for 228 clintz. I spent the remainder of the hour in a DT, I went 11-3, earning 426 points coming in 87th place. For this I won 241 clintz and a credit. According to URDB, that credit is currently worth 490 clintz on average if I spent it on an Extended pack choosing the most valuable clans. That's a total of 731 clintz. But look at the time spent on each activity:
228 clintz / 10 minutes = 22.8 clintz/minute
731 clintz / 50 minutes = 14.6 clintz/minute
In addition, I had to go 11 - 3 in the DT to place as I did. Beating Kate is much easier.

Until prices on commons plunge, the Duel mode is truly fantastic value.
345/420
lemming58 - Titan English
Thursday 28/03/2013, 03:36

I don't get it, people are whining about the FREE cards rewarded not good enough or not worth their time? .... What about.... just a month ago when there wasn't a duel mode and any free cards?
Beating Kate is a boring grind for missions (yeeeesssss,) free cards and (on average) better payout of Clintz. There are other modes to go back to if this duel mode isn't for you. And you'll be welcomed.
Taking the basic pack out of shop but making the free common cards a little more time-consuming to get also helps stabilizing the market.
This is a good change.
346/420
lemming58 - Titan English
Thursday 28/03/2013, 05:49

About time-consuming though.... Is it just me or does Kater plays her hand a lot slower now? Is that intentional as well?
347/420
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Thursday 28/03/2013, 10:14

I see the market value for low grade cards (mostly commons) fall...
it's been a long time since cards were costing less than 90 clintz..

This makes the gap between high end cards and low end cards even greater, making it more difficult to get the high end cards'. An effect the duelmode has on the market..

I for one didn't buy any credits anymore, because my faith in getting the cards I really want is dwindling.. I'm concerned my money invested is decreasing in value... bad..
next to that, imagine pulling 3 commons from a pack you bought, and winning them the same day in this mode..
hardly inviting to invest money anymore...

I was thinking about the negative remarks including my own, the effect duel has on the market and a solution..

wouldn't it be better to give out 5 / 10 / 15 tickets for the machine instead of common cards???
this would stop the slow decline of common cards, it would still offer players a chance of winning big (money)
348/420

Yeah K1NG_PWN4GzZz is speaking of facts
349/420
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Sunday 31/03/2013, 10:15

"Harder to get high end cards"

Its not entirely true. Previously it was way harder to get those common cards, because you needed credits to buy packs -> you couldnt have so many "more expensive commons".

Currently you get 3 of them each day, even if they are a lot cheaper you can reap three per day, that adds up.

What this means? The cash flow regarding common cards has been altered partly from those who can create credits effectively to those who bother to grind duel each day. The amount of clintz reserved for the "pile of these commons" is same as it used to be, it is just spread differently now - to much bigger group of people. This is good for beginners since they have a cow to milk for basic profits - so they actually can reach to higher profile cards.

Who in reality gets the hard spanking? - People who invested in the past to the common cards.
350/420
Fun OK 6 9 - Imperator - OnE MaLaysia English
Monday 01/04/2013, 00:01

Good job UR for introducing Duel mode.

This is a very good mode for beginners.

One needs to win 30 fights to get all 3 common cards.
Thus, it means 30 x 5cz = 150cz.

Then, one can level up the cards and sell it at worst 50cz per card to Kate.
Thus, 3 x 50cz = 150cz.

In a day, a beginner can earn at least 300cz if he/she cares to grind in Duel mode.
In about 4 days (4 x 300cz = 1200cz) , the beginner can decent cards like Sigurd, Leela, Randy, Ksendra to buff up their deck.
It help beginners to get into the game faster and retain interest in the game.

Thank you UR staff.

« Previous12...3536373839404142Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals