New: DUEL Mode!

Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:27
elocau - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
420 messages
elocau - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29

Come and fight Kate in the new DUEL game mode and win cards and battle points! Every day, Kate will set 3 challenges: fight her and win common cards. Then, if you're feeling on form, you can carry on fighting her after having won the 3 daily cards and go on to win battle points.Every 24 hours, 3 new challenges will be available as well as new common cards to be won.
Click here to take up the challenge!

For the time being, the duel mode is available in Beta. We are planning to keep a close eye on what happens in terms of results (number of players, number of games, impact on the market, etc.) and will then make a decision about whether to keep it, amend it or simply get rid of it.

edited by elocau Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29
« Previous12...3536373839404142Next »

361/420
tgh02 - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 12:59

Duel glitches is impacting the total number of daily players & playing time (retention). I was surprised by Kate timing out but that's expected as her A.I. required tweaking.

However, I noticed 2 things since the new 5-10-15 format. 1st is the fact that UR servers suffered downtime, and it could be a variety of reasons, but casual players on Apps really dislike downtime...moreover, it gives them the incorrect impression that UR is under-developed/funded. The opposite is true, UR is one of the oldest/best card browser to transition to Apps.

2nd, Duel was created to encourage/teach/reward new players. However, it has only made this exercise excessively tedious. Playing 2hrs for 3x cards averaging 600Ctz total - players can gain better rewards playing DT. Alternatively, Solo rewards are similar but their storylines are more interesting.

Finally, Duel encourages Bad Behaviour. For example, many players check daily Duel to determine if the 1st card is worth winning. Then afterward, they check again if the second card is worth playing 10 wins. Consequently, many players are abandoning their matches - forfeit is the worst behaviour on UR.

Instead of increasing interest and retaining new players and UR spending money/development/servers, total UR Duel players have decreased. I hope UR will continue to adjust Duel.
362/420
tgh02 - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 14:00

Sorry one more: Yes Kate's time out has been fixed but now players wait 2mins-2:30mins for her turn. App players usually don't have time/patience, and worse, new players may mistaken that for a gaming glitch and delete UR's App.

I understand this will be fixed soon, but wanted to forward feedback from my friends who play on their smartphones. They login, try a quick game, and instead are waiting 2mins for Kate's each turn. Often they just switch off UR.
363/420
GULLA RW - Imperator - Reissende Woelfe Deutsch
Thursday 04/04/2013, 15:27

You know the meaning of beta?
364/420
Coldberg - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 15:37

In the last 5 minutes it's started making me go first despite Kate having a much stronger hand than me.
365/420
Jamox360 - Titan - Open Casket English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 16:06

She timesout for me every other game
366/420
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 17:35

Duel is good and innocent a concept for me, but honestly, giving away free common cards? Is UR on a death wish to crash the economy? I suggest we adjust the prizes to clintz, or even 1 credit for completing 15 games.
367/420
lemming58 - Titan English
Friday 05/04/2013, 02:25

Today's duel game was weird... Kate doesn't play first any more?
368/420
lemming58 - Titan English
Friday 05/04/2013, 02:32

Kate is not giving out "free" cards any more....
She's stepped up a lot in her game!

20:31 Duel ..you narrowly escaped from Kate (4-3) – your wins: 28 points and 5 Clintz
20:28 Duel ..you lost against Kate (0- – your wins: 15 points and 2 Clintz
20:25 Duel ..you lost against Kate (0-4) – your wins: 17 points and 2 Clintz

How embarrassing, LOL. Good job Kate!
369/420
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Monday 08/04/2013, 17:28

Spotted a major glitch or else I don't understand why the rules are being broken by Kate..

from the game rules;
"The player who plays first is the player with the most stars on the cards in his hand (see the small highlighted stars on each card).

We judge that whoever starts the fight is at a slight advantage.
Unless an ability overrides this rule (e.g. Ashiguru’s counter-attack ability), the player with the most stars in his/her hand is always the first to play.

If both players have the same number of stars, the first to play is randomly selected."

NOT!!!
I'm playing 2 3stars and a 4 star due to missions, Kate sits there with 4 5 stars in her hand
and I continually have to go first every battle...

Why is that?? Game rules are clear on this subject, the heavier hand goes first
that'd be Kate in all circumstances, except for both sitting in with hands containing 4 5 stars..
in which case the higher level (me) would go first...
370/420
Zincomega - Titan English
Monday 08/04/2013, 18:40

Yeah, the rules are contradicted, but I think the change for the players to go first was intentional.

« Previous12...3536373839404142Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals