New: DUEL Mode!

Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:27
elocau - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
420 messages
elocau - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29

Come and fight Kate in the new DUEL game mode and win cards and battle points! Every day, Kate will set 3 challenges: fight her and win common cards. Then, if you're feeling on form, you can carry on fighting her after having won the 3 daily cards and go on to win battle points.Every 24 hours, 3 new challenges will be available as well as new common cards to be won.
Click here to take up the challenge!

For the time being, the duel mode is available in Beta. We are planning to keep a close eye on what happens in terms of results (number of players, number of games, impact on the market, etc.) and will then make a decision about whether to keep it, amend it or simply get rid of it.

edited by elocau Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29
« Previous12...3536373839404142Next »

381/420
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Friday 19/04/2013, 16:44

Thanks a lot for all the speculations and that it works for you and the time out

but I asked a question, twice already and now for a third time;

Why is Kate playing first with a heavier hand?
382/420
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Friday 19/04/2013, 16:48

Know what, nevermind!
383/420
(((-))) - Legend Español
Friday 26/04/2013, 11:13

Here is a good question !!! There are so many common cards in this game so why am I always winning the same three cards in Duel Mode ??? I have been playing Duel Mode since it came out not just for the cards but for my missions Kate is way to easy to beat but I have noticed that I am not winning the expensive common cards Dwain is the most expensive I have won, three cards every 24 hours fr
384/420
(((-))) - Legend Español
Friday 26/04/2013, 11:16

3 cards every 24 hours from the time Duel Mode began I should have almost one double from every common cards not triples of worthless cards please UR stop giving out the same common cards when there are so many different ones to give out !!!
385/420
tgh02 - Titan - Open Casket English
Friday 26/04/2013, 15:23

@ (((-))) I agree that rewards have declined since launch, and declined further after 5-10-15 format began. Overall card value rewarded has fallen substantially (or UR's random reward setting is set too strict). This can be confirmed through Market or URDB.net card value aggregator during this 57 Day beta test.

Current Observations:

* More Low Value commons rewarded (lots of Negodz Colin Victoria)

* Few High Value commons rewarded (few Annuqa Nahema Zinfrid)

* Kate still glitches w/ long waits

I'm a big Duel fan because it's great to earn free cards and I'm a "free to play" gamer.

However, I often remind UR that Duel's purpose is the encourage / instruct / reward...and RETAIN new players. If Duel requires 2hr+ to obtain 3x Commons then causes problems for App players (Android & Apple). App gamers are UR's target for new players/spenders and when UR makes this game too repetitive then gamers will switch Apps.

3-5-10 format was better and necessary if UR removed Common Packs / removed 5 free Credits for new players / require 5 Credit purchase (in 1 transaction), then some players will become frustrated and switch to another App.

- Final Comment relates to 5 Credit to unlock Market/Sell/Trade: even if a new player joins a guild for help/guidance, guild members cannot Secure Trade cards to compete in LD missions, Character Missions, Events like Coliseum & Tourneys. I fully understand that UR is a business and needs to earn $
386/420
Friday 26/04/2013, 15:29

Con't

- Perhaps UR can stagger rewards or relax their 5 Credit unlock requirement. How's 5-10 Duel format for quick Duels? How about opening Market / Trades when players reach Lvl 10?

There are better, and less frustrating mechanisms to prevent fraud. Don't alienate new players otherwise they'll find another game. I love UR and will play all the formats but recent changes don't necessarily RETAIN new players. And finding new players (customers) is the most costly business expense.

Please remove obstacles for new players so they can enjoy UR like us, and more players means a healthy UR business for years to come.
387/420
Keelatay - Titan - Time Conquers All English
Friday 26/04/2013, 16:41

If Kate is going to start being smart with its pillz, which I'm fine with, can you balance the decks it uses with the number of stars in the opponents deck, and correct the issue where the player always goes first regardless of how many stars are in their hand vs. the number of stars Kate has? Please, and thank you.
388/420
(((-))) - Legend Español
Monday 06/05/2013, 14:17

I have played enough games in Duel Mode to have concluded my survey and figured out a couple things about Duel Mode. 1. All the cards you win are garbage, 2. If you use this deck ( Timber, Ryuichi, Sung Tsu, Tsubame, Dugan, Ed 12, Emeth, No Nam ) Kate will over pill every time that equals an easy win 3. These past couple of weeks I have been playing first every time against Kate and have noticed that Kate seems to know if you use pillz or not. It seems that every time that I try to bluff Kate she pillz up and I loose and when I do use pillz Kate saves her pillz...I use same deck and use same scenario against Kate to see if I was right or wrong... This might be happening to me alone so I encourage some one to conduct a study on this, just like I did and post their thoughts .... It was not easy playing all this games when I wasn't trying to win I just wanted to see Kate's pattern and see if she had a set routine. I played a variety of combo decks and mono decks and lost a lot of games against Kate but now I can beat Kate 8 games (in a row) out of 10 !!!
389/420
tabenes - Titan - The Fourth Dimension English
Monday 06/05/2013, 20:30

@ (((-)))

I think she knows too. I just played for the past hour and had the same experience. I almost through my phone put the window. And I noticed that she almost has two 5s and two 4s some times better.
390/420
Tuesday 07/05/2013, 22:24

@ (((-)))

Agreed 110% & Prize value has collapsed and playing matches only earns Tatane & Mini Mosu type cards. The whole experience since Duel's launch has swung 180* and it's not positive. Setting aside how long it takes to win 3x Commons, the fact that Common packs are gone means new players can't improve their decks without spending money. Gone are options to trade/sell unless a single 5 Credit transaction is earned.

Guess what, for kicks I tried those free Credits from Pay From Shopping (can't even download free offers), and Trial Pay freebies requires installing software that are essentially Adware, and Sponsor Pay in Canada is horrible.

Sorry if I sound repetitive but let's return to 3-5-10 format or hand out better prizes so new players can improve decks and stick with UR. It's not like they can compete on ELO / DM / Survivor or Coliseum without better cards.

« Previous12...3536373839404142Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals