Advice for freaks

Advice for Freaks
Friday 01/03/2013, 17:00
charleston.yeo - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
33 messages
Advice for freaks
charleston.yeo - Senior English - Friday 01/03/2013, 17:00

Hi can anyone give me advice on a Freaks elo deck?
« Previous1234Next »

21/33
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDang English
Monday 04/03/2013, 21:49

When would you ever waste Bogdan on turn 1 against Nightmare? Again, SOA is almost never best played on turn 1.

Even against pure walls, Grudj can come out ahead, or at least pressure your opponent to commit pills. If you have Grudj, several scenarios can end up in your favor: you win, your opponent is damaged and poisoned, and you end up with some pills to work with. If your opponent plays poorly they have wasted their best wall as well as a commitment of pills.

Everyone knows the logic that it's better to win with pill manipulators than bluff with them. But that only makes bluffing with pill manipulators even more effective.

But think of it this way: what character would Grudj likely draw on turn 1? A pure wall, SOA or a 2* concession. That's a strategic win for you.

What type of characters would Bogdan likely draw on turn 1? SOB, bonus based walls, 2* concessions or DR nukes like Marina. Not so much of an advantage.

Sorry, but the matchups where Bogdan is better than Grudj rarely come up turn 1. The point of playing a Freak character is to play them on turn 1. Again, on paper SOA seems more valuable than +2 pills but not on turn 1. Bogdan is a rare 8 power SOA, but 1) you can find SOA on Qubik, Elvis or Jean and 2) poison + pill manipulation (non-defeat) is even more rare than 8 power SOA. It is found on 3 total characters and of the three, Grudj is by far the most ideal for ELO.
22/33
0 ComeAtMe - Legend - aussie crusaders English
Monday 04/03/2013, 22:43

@Joinone: Sorry but I wouldn't exactly call all in Freaks poison and then hide behind reducers as a "pro move". Just saying that makes me ill.
23/33
Joinone - Titan - XiongDang English
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 12:15

Hey hey pulling that off is HARD man i tel ya
24/33
Tuesday 05/03/2013, 14:35

Firstly charleston.yeo needs to get to level 15 before he can even ATTEMPT to try this in ELO.

I'm not even sure why I look at these threads anymore, the French threads offer so much more advice and I can't even comprehend french. All we do on these threads is argue with each other about which card is better then the other.
25/33
Wednesday 06/03/2013, 11:29

I find arguing boring too, I'm sure we can find something better to do. I've got my own niche already
26/33
Charleston 123 - Master - night school English
Friday 08/03/2013, 07:08

Lol ikr.
27/33
Friday 08/03/2013, 10:01

Another Charleston showed up! Charlestons of the world Unite!
28/33
Friday 08/03/2013, 12:55

I'd say its a multi but to be honest I'm really confused on who is who
29/33
Charleston 123 - Master - night school English
Friday 08/03/2013, 13:31

O lol coincidence i guess
30/33
cvacva - Novice - Bleusticks Protectors English
Friday 08/03/2013, 14:28

I must say Kitsune really knows his Freaks, the only way Bogdan is superior that Grudj is because he can go through DRS and deliver that finishing blow early, other than that, Grudj bags that 4* spot in any Freaks deck no question.

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals