Get rid of Montana.

Get rid of Montana.
Tuesday 12/03/2013, 15:08
Tansur - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
28 messages
Get rid of Montana.
Tansur - Guru - The TrendEnglish - Tuesday 12/03/2013, 15:08

Hey, I know I'm not the best player out there, but this should never happen: I just lost to mono Montana, and lost all four rounds. What threat are big damage clans if they have to fight clans whose bonuses essentially give them +2 pills per round? Montana has high power AND power manip AND the best dr in the game (forces at least three pills for -3 damage) AND effectively starts with +8 pills.

Power creep in the attack manip clans is lame.
« Previous123Next »

11/28
Tansur - Guru - The Trend English
Wednesday 13/03/2013, 01:24

So I'm the only person in the world who thinks they are OP, yet 2/5 fights in ELO this week are vs. Montana. And please, a lack of 8 powered cards is a weakness? I call it a blessing.
12/28
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Wednesday 13/03/2013, 02:09

You're not the only person in the world who thinks they're overpowered. You're just the only one who chose to post something explaining your disgust of them (and yes, a lack of 8 powered cards is a weakness. It leaves them wide open to 7-powered power-manip cards like Marina and Rolph).
13/28
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Wednesday 13/03/2013, 02:47

Are you trying to win every single round? With their low damage, you don't really have to.
14/28
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 13/03/2013, 10:32

Post in elo please.

lol one way to fix your problem? use montanas if you are so bad against them....

against Roots, sometimes they seem like a joke. a usual death hand like Spiaghi, Moses, Avola, Oscar becomes a if-i-dont-win-3-or-4-rounds i lose hand (more so if you are facing Jeena + Flora).one hit with Gretchen/ Ojibway sometimes is gg. GHEIST is good too

Nightmare/ Piranas kills their bonus. not as good as Roots/ GHEIST though.
15/28
calvin_0 - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 13/03/2013, 11:18

As a Montana player, i must say Montana is far for being the broken, they are weak to tons of stuff, like other Montana, those pesky Uppers and Sakrohm, they also arent good dealing with Ulu Watu, Rescue and All Stars, SoB clan eat Montana for breakfest and SoA clan cripple most of the key players.

Montana have alot of problem and they can be easily beaten if you know whats you are doing.
16/28
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Wednesday 13/03/2013, 12:43

With right deck Montana player can win 3 out of 4 and still lose by huge margin. their bonus is utterly wasted against 0-pilling DR's and one nuke can outrun all the damage Montana can create, as long as you have few DR's or defeat:+life cards at hand.

Mona is amongst best winner-cards on this game, but all it takes is -3 min 1 DR to remove all the benefits from easy win from her. Avola is badass but SoA makes her nothing and SoA-DR makes her even more nothing.

If you play damage clan against Montana dont try to win more than 2 rounds, its utterly useless. Use high powered cards to make Montana players pill atleast 1 to win and smash at selected turns, especially against Montana weaknesses. Montana players love playing 1-3 pill games to get most of their bonuses, so force them to play 5-7 pill games instead.

Your first attack is your most important attack. Most of the time you want to do this on rounds 1-2, unless Montana player blocks it somehow. You want to smash opponents face in for good and make him quess when the finishing move comes - instead of letting Montana eat you piece by piece with their bonus.
17/28
Wednesday 13/03/2013, 15:44

Thanks to the last few posters for seeing through my frustration to what I needed; a few encouraging words and tips. I have been having more success the last few days.
18/28
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Wednesday 13/03/2013, 16:26

I'm going to assume you're playing Elo. If not, you can literally ignore the post I've typed below... Oops.

Have you tried playing Montana yourself? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I'm not asking you to drop your deck and play Montana, but you may wanna play them a little just to learn their weakness and counter them.

Montana actually have low base damage. Avola, Edd Cr, Desmond, etc all have 5 damage max. That's easily overtaken in Elo nowadays, especially since almost every strong Elo deck will play damage reducers and/or defeat: +life cards. Yes they do have an advantage in attack thanks to their bonus, and they make it harder by having power reduction in Mona and Prince Jr, or relatively decent power of 7 like the cards I mentioned above. But that doesn't mean they're invincible, it just means it's harder to win rounds against them. Win the right rounds and you shouldn't have a problem beating them. Ignore and go 0-pill the rounds that won't matter at all (E.g. a 2-damage card vs Spiaghi). And, remember to pack in SoA because it's vital in cripping Montana.

Also, you said that you keep losing all 4 rounds against Montana. In Elo I find that really hard to occur, especially when you said you lost 13 pills against seven. How about you post the deck that you were playing with? So at least we know what exactly is troubling your playing and we can suggest improvements?
19/28
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Wednesday 13/03/2013, 20:22

"especially when you said you lost 13 pills against seven"

That would be Mona walling 6 powered attacker.
20/28
Wednesday 13/03/2013, 21:29

My problem was that I was trying to use a Berzerk deck made more for combatting Roots/GHEIST, and had a lot of 8 powers, but not much round winning potential other than the high power. I think I was using Bernie, Melanie, Kawamashi Cr, Rudy, Norman, Elvis, Revok, Sprinter.

I am now using Melanie, Drummond, Miho, Kawamashi Cr, Roger, Elvis, Sprinter, Taylor, am focusing more on which two rounds i want to win, and am having better success, and climbing back to 1200+. Any advice in the above deck would be appreciated.

I know this now fits more in the ELO forum, but originally I had just considered it to be a "general" gripe.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals