Click here if you forgot your password.

New Abilities

New Abilities
Wednesday 27/03/2013, 13:20
Wakayama3 - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
65 messages
New Abilities
Wakayama3 - Imperator - The United Fans of HomestuckEnglish - Wednesday 27/03/2013, 13:20

Hi! I am one of those who want to see some kind of new ability introduce to widen the gameplay. There are some I have read in other threads which really could be fun to have. It does not necessary have to be a whole new one but maybe some new combination of existing (which are being tested, Mokra, Sabia, Pilzken, Dr Falkenstein, Romana, yea you name them). Please come up with suggestions and ideas and discuss if they really are possible to have or if they are being to OP for example. I'll start of:

Some I've read about in other threads which I really like:

* Protection: Attack
Those darn Montanas and Uppers can't bother you anymore

* Force: 2 pillz
If a character wins the round, the next round the opponent has to use at least 2 pillz on the character (depending that he does not only have 1 pill left).

* Leech: 2 pillz
Take two pillz from your opponent and give them to yourself.

*Stop opp bonus and ability.
Would it not have been nice to have such a ability?
« Previous1234567Next »

21/65
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Saturday 06/04/2013, 03:23

Perhaps the main issue(s) will be re-scripting the game engine itself for some of those proposed ideas

perhaps something closer to home would have a higher chance of being taken into effect - something like a defeat: -2 opp life min. 4 clan
we could call them the Loserz or The other guys and fill it with the bottom feeders such as street thugs and generally people without any values - quite different with how Montana got the stylish thugs

and we can have fun with these dreary characters, you know like CF Neckbeard the troll netizen or a mongrel mutt fancying himself a poodle, or even a paranoid android who makes fake facebook accounts
22/65
D Cr - Senior English
Saturday 06/04/2013, 18:16

I posted these somewhere b4 , but :
a. Field Ability : Both the user and the opponent are affected by it . While it may sound stupid , think of +pillz or +damage. If you are sure you will win , it would be a great. But losing would mean hitting your own foot with an axe . Another example would be -damage [DR] , a clan like Freaks would love it . I mean they can compensate it with poison damage .

Of course they would be a a bit higher . Example : Field : -5 damage on a 3* 7/2 or Field : +4 damage on a 3* 9/5

b. Joker : Would allow next situational ability to be usable w/o meeting requirements Ex. : A card with joker wins , they if say Jay goes next , his ability will be activated . Also , Say a Joker wins , then if a non situational say Greem goes next , the joker is passed on so that Aigwon [even if going second] has his ability activated .

c. Gluttony/Cannibal : Add life equal to half of defeated opponents damage [that should hurt high damage cards worse that DR , would be scary to lose with something with 6 damage]
23/65
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 06/04/2013, 20:36

@D Cr
Aigwon is a non-conditional card. Aigwon Noel isn't.
24/65
D Cr - Senior English
Sunday 07/04/2013, 03:49

Sorry , i had the neol in mind
25/65
Alhalish - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 07/04/2013, 15:35

More ideas for my character specific abilities!

Blight : All of your cards get Poison : 1 min 0. This ability cannot be stopped, will act as a secondary ability, and will not work with cards not belonging to the same clan with the card that has this ability.
(A Montana card based off The Joker or a Jungo card based off a dart frog)

Rabble Rouser : All of your cards with "Confidence" can activate their abilities without meeting the criteria.
(A politician or rioter card)

Spirit of Vengeance : All of your cards with "Revenge" can activate their abilities without meeting the criteria.
(Ghost Rider card, obviously)
26/65
aysegul.gor - Imperator English
Wednesday 10/04/2013, 13:52

I'd like to propose Backlash: Heal X, Max Y. So when you win with this card, the Backlash ability starts healing the opponent. I was inspired by Gork's ability for this; instead of poisioning you, the card starts to heal your opponent when you win with it.
27/65
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 10/04/2013, 16:37

How about Restraint? It's another anti-SoA ability, what it basically does is provide negative effects such as Power -2, Stop Own Bonus, etc. It's similar to backlash, but whereas backlash often applies negative effects that have nothing to do with actually winning a fight (-life, poison, -pillz), Restraint affects a card's winnability when unstopped. It's similar to Stop: Cards in effect, but they are weaker when not facing SoA and even stronger than Stop: cards when facing SoA. Sample cards:

Timidé, Uppers 3*
8/5
Restraint: Stop Own Bonus, Damage -1

Dementia, 4* Nightmare
8/7
Restraint: -9 attack min. 2

Lecter, 2* GHEIST
7/6
Restraint: Defeat, Life and Pillz -3

Numbers might have to be tweaked a bit (or a lot), but overall I think it's a playable concept that shouldn't be too hard to script.
28/65
GigaImpact - Veteran - Non Compos Mentis English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 05:45

Here is an idea

1. Purify: Removes any poison the opponent has inflicted

2. Cleanse: Removes any heal your opponent has obtained.
29/65
Jamox360 - Legend - Open Casket English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 08:18

Cancel Leader!
30/65
Parousia - Hero English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 08:45

What I feel is most important in a new ability is simplicity. It should not be overly complicated and dramatically affect the strategy and planning of the players because the new abilities' wide reaches and effects.

Here are a few suggestions from above that sounds good:

Opp. Power = Power
Protection: Attack
Backlash: Heal X, max Y

The rest are all interesting and fun to play with, but too complicated for my liking to be a permanent ability and mechanic in the game.

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals