Suggestion: Setting card artwork

Monday 01/04/2013, 10:19
WMDuessel - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
17 messages
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Monday 01/04/2013, 10:19

UR has a really nice feature/gimmick of card levels, which means all cards have 2-5 different artworks. Amazing, right? Well, not really. We only get to see one most of the time, unless browsing at character pages. Seems like a waste to me.

That is why I'm proposing we allow individual players to set the artwork for each of their individual cards. Before you call me out on how this can be abused by deceiving unprepared players, note that the stars will still show the level of a card. If you fail to notice that, along with the stats and the ability, I don't know what. Anyway, each card in a player's collection can be set to a specific artwork. You want your Lehane to display level 1 art? Set it. If you want multiple Romana at level 2, you can use Collection Pro to set them. It will need a few tweaks though, such as when you sell on the market.

Not only does this let 80% of all the art in Urban Rivals be publicized, it also allows players to personalize their cards and decks. I also don't see how it can be abused, or how it can affect the game negatively. What do you think?
« Previous12Next »

11/17
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 11:40

Im doing computing at uni so i know a bit about codeing. But I can't tell how fast it would be without seeing UR's code. it could be a quick fix or it could take a bit more time.

All cards would stay at the level you got them to but you could select a cards low level if you want to but only you could see it.

It might not be at the top of the agenda but if its possible and enuth people ask for it they might add it to a list of things to update and work on it bit by bit when they have time.
12/17
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 11:48

Good input, I like the idea of setting it for your hand only.

Well people would only take the effort to change cards whose artwork they really like. But UR could release this option for several cards as a beta test, of course informing the community so no one gets confused when they see low level artwork in ELO.
13/17
Alhalish - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 13:04

Yeah... Don't want the Vickie Cr incident to repeat itself, do we?
14/17
Jamoxxx - Legend - Open Casket English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 16:12

What was the Vickie Cr incident?
15/17
Alhalish - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 17:39

Vickie Cr's artwork was changed into.... Something awful. GOONS!

It happened out of nowhere, with no prior announcements, and the reactions from the players? Ugly, really ugly.
They changed it back the next day after the grotesque transformation.
16/17
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 17:47

Http://images.wikia.com/urban-rivals/images/c/ce/Compairing_vickie.png
That.
17/17
Jamoxxx - Legend - Open Casket English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 20:08

Hah lol

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals