Important changes on the forum moderation
Tuesday 02/04/2013, 15:18
Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
52 messages
Important changes on the forum moderation
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Tuesday 02/04/2013, 15:18

Hey everybody,

To give you more freedom and especially more reactivity on the forum, we decided to switch nearly all forum sections in autovalidation mode (except "Staff's announcements" for now). It will have several effects we are going to watch carefully, the first being flood increasing and off-topic subjects appearance.

Several moderation tools have been released so you will be able to report unsuitable posts or topics. The moderation team will handle those reports and act accordingly. On the right of each post / topic, you will find an option which will allow you to report it to moderators if necessary.

We insist on the fact you are the first players of this novelty and its durability. If rules are respected and discussions take place in a good atmosphere, we will maintain this system ; otherwise, we will go back to the old moderation system.

Anyway please note we will be intransigent about reported insulting / trolling posts.

Have fun !
« Previous123456Next »

31/52
Alhalish - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 05/04/2013, 11:40

I'm pretty sure that the admins can tell whether the post is worth reporting or not.

Isn't it obvious that false reporters will be punished?
32/52
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 05/04/2013, 12:09

Yeh we can tell easaly if a thread should of been reported or not because we check all reports and manually close/delete threads after checking them.
33/52
BA_Hydro - Legend - • » вєαυтιƒυℓ αηgєℓz « • English
Friday 05/04/2013, 12:14

This is really great if its true let me see how much time this post would take
34/52
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Friday 05/04/2013, 12:21

"Isn't it obvious that false reporters will be punished?"

Not neccesarily. While usually people use common sense - some message might provoke multiple reports because some minority of people feel discomfort about it.

Lets say I critize strongly against making this game easier, and state that people who complain about it being currently "too hard" are just people with incredibly low commitment and attention span.

This might provoke multimple reports for "I am calling names" and crawled to reporters skins - my point is totally valid, but it is enough if my post causes negative emotion on some people?

I can assume message receiving multiple reports can be peer-pressured into oblivion - not because messages subject it is "wrong" or out of line or against forum rules, but simply because it seems cause too much discomfort in some people and that is the reason why message gets removed.

"People didnt like it so we removed it." - That is very common in public forums these days.
35/52
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Saturday 06/04/2013, 05:56

I think it's a good system, and though it can technically be abused, like any other, I don't expect to see a lot of that happening. Some kind of UR-wide conspiracy to get a lot of different people reporting one poster with an unpopular sentiment seems rather unlikely. It would simply be more trouble than it's worth.
36/52
Sunday 07/04/2013, 11:02

@DeepEnd : You have to be careful what you post. Though we won't delete a post for having a different view to someone else. Saying "people who complain about it being currently "too hard" are just people with incredibly low commitment and attention span. " can be and probably would be a bit, classed as being rude to other players and not respecting their views and if we get too many reports about it and it starts an argument it might be deleted.

The rule is if you treat everyone with respect and discuss things instead of calling each other names we won't delete your comments, if theres nothing wrong with them, however many reports they get lol.
37/52
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Sunday 07/04/2013, 11:19

"@DeepEnd : You have to be careful what you post."

Yeah. Like if you report serious issues with Electronic Arts games to their user support forums you usually get banned and your account disabled. You mean that kind of careful - not to talk about subjects you feel unfair, unbalanced or otherwise bad?

As a writer it is my duty to keep to the forum rules and generally good behaviour (aka. not insulting or being blatantly rude.) - I accept that - but when it becomes concern of taking into account ANY feeling that might arise from my message its not MY job - its readers job to control their emotions, have realistic perspective and if it's neccesary - to suck up the critique without going retard. As a writer it is totally impossible to please everyone - unless you write absolutely nothing that matters to anybody. In that case we can shut down the forums since they would become utterly useless.

I want enough mental space to give critique that keeps this game developing. Critique that might concern game itself or playerbase or groups and their behaviour - and that critique might hurt some butts. Just because butts were hurt does not make such critique unproductive or wrong, and its neccesary to say that some level of real discomfort must be tolerated - especially when such discomfort was really deserved (like cases of cheating or the forever ongoing stalling/abadon the fight grief.).
38/52
Sunday 07/04/2013, 11:56

????

I just posted "Though we won't delete a post for having a different view to someone else".

All I was saying was please don't say your fellow players have "incredibly low commitment and attention span" if they disagree with you on someting.
39/52
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Sunday 07/04/2013, 13:24

@DeepEnd:
Sorry, this doesn't make an awful lot of sense.
Why would the new moderating system imply any of what you're saying? The EA example doesn't seem relevant to me. You are implying that UR's staff may take the same actions as arguably the worst developer/publisher on the face of the planet, and I'm not sure why. You don't give a concrete reason for why that connection was made.

All that has changed is that players can now basically flag posts for mod examination. I don't see how that could possibly be a bid to further restrict what people post. You have to be careful what you post, but no more so than before.
40/52
Diggy928 - Legend - Time Conquers All English
Sunday 28/07/2013, 08:18

I enjoy having my posts show up right away, but I'm about ready to ask the staff to start monitoring our posts again! Is there any other way our boards can stop getting flooded by this and similar messages? I know there are probably others who feel the same way.

"Welcome to SKYPE: (a l i c e) dot (k 3 to explore the value of high-quality cards ^"

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals