Important changes on the forum moderation
Tuesday 02/04/2013, 15:18
Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
52 messages
Important changes on the forum moderation
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Tuesday 02/04/2013, 15:18

Hey everybody,

To give you more freedom and especially more reactivity on the forum, we decided to switch nearly all forum sections in autovalidation mode (except "Staff's announcements" for now). It will have several effects we are going to watch carefully, the first being flood increasing and off-topic subjects appearance.

Several moderation tools have been released so you will be able to report unsuitable posts or topics. The moderation team will handle those reports and act accordingly. On the right of each post / topic, you will find an option which will allow you to report it to moderators if necessary.

We insist on the fact you are the first players of this novelty and its durability. If rules are respected and discussions take place in a good atmosphere, we will maintain this system ; otherwise, we will go back to the old moderation system.

Anyway please note we will be intransigent about reported insulting / trolling posts.

Have fun !
« Previous123456Next »

51/52
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers All English
Sunday 28/07/2013, 16:11

@ EagleFree

Every player I disagree with thinks I'm getting upset with them, please don't think that, because I don't

'Your solution is not acceptable because you can't make discrimination based on the level, it is only a discrimination.'

Wow, well discriminate is a VERY strong word. So maybe it is a little unfair to players under level 20, but I'm sorry, players under this level are the ones who ask the SAME questions time and time again because they still haven't realized where the FAQs are. AND this cuts out those scam topics pretty much entirely.

Yes it is a little unfair to these players, but your suggestion is to remove this for everyone. Players under level 20 won't even realize that they don't have what players above this level, do. Before they can even care, before they even KNOW to care, they'll be able to post automatically anyway.

There were various reasons which led to why MODS weren't validating topics quick enough.

Not enough MODS.
Some MODS FAR too inactive (should NOT be MODs anymore, no names mentioned)
Too many messages.

'If now the MOD and ET are so lazy'

Well, I'm not a MOD, Event Team don't have the same abilities as MODS do, in-fact we were told not to interfere with the MOD's responsibilities.

But even before, there were MODS who were and are still incredibly active and they know who they are and I think they'll tell you that LAZINESS had nothing to do with it.

I will admit that there are a few MODs (no names mentioned) that might be too inactive to justify their position. But that's not my place to say.

edited by COLOSSAL-TCA Sunday 28/07/2013, 16:11
52/52
FocaMorta - Legend - Heaven Destroyer English
Sunday 28/07/2013, 16:24

Colossal, we don't discuss who or when

However, you get my point:
1. before was not such a big job
2. there was no mess
3. this option has been added, but the result is not good..

I have to say that 99% of the players like it.
My idea is that they like for the wrong reason: "now i don't have to wait".
The good reason should be "the forum is nicer, there is more activity and more players take part of the UR life"
But everyone write "now i don't have to wait"....if before they wait, was not because the system was not good, but because the staff didn't do their job well.

However, there is no perfect staff, it is impossible. So let's keep this option and find a way to make it better.
I disagree with the level idea, for my experience there are high levels that are worst the low ones.
Probably the best solution is to have 3-4 members of the staff, that works only on the forum and that guide the young players. (but for sure someone will say "too much job"...
At the same time, you really must have new sanction for the players who are not respecting the rules. An easy tool such as "ban from forum" instead of a standard BL, maybe will have these players punished, but not too heavily like a BL does.

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals