Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?
Thursday 04/04/2013, 06:28
Dead Stars - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
10 messages
Is it worth it?
Dead Stars - Veteran English - Thursday 04/04/2013, 06:28

Is it worth it to buy cards that are almost always ELO banned? Like Bogdan or Ongh, for example.. Thanks..

2/10
wats_happenin - Legend - Casual Grind English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 12:53

Some are, some aren't

Of your two I would say Ongh is worth it (viable in halfs and mono Jungo and isn't as frequently banned as Troompah) Plus Jungo is insanely strong

Bogdan...iffy. He is rarely let loose, I wouldn't reccommend unless you are wealthy enough to just have the cards. And without him Freaks are nowhere near as good
3/10
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 13:07

If you're really serious, yes. It's good to have the cards at hand all the time, so whenever a clan is clearly dominant in ELO you are prepared with the cards to abuse it. I know some players who sell cards as they are banned for the week, buy the unbanned cards, and repeat the process. This loses clintz as time trickles down, and most of their ELO winnings end up sustaining that loss.
4/10
Thursday 04/04/2013, 19:02

Thanks.. I followed Duessel's advice and bought both.. Hopefully, one of them gets unbanned in the weeks to come.. Do you know which Freaks card would be a good replacement for Bogdan? Seeing as he banned at the moment..
5/10
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Thursday 04/04/2013, 21:51

Grudj or Wolfgang are decent replacements for Bogdan.
6/10
0 Anderson - Titan English
Friday 05/04/2013, 00:08

It really depends. Any deck will help you grow in elo, and become a better player as you learnt he meta
7/10
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Friday 05/04/2013, 02:37

Madelone is fantastic. Assuming no stop, she allows you to pill at any value and get a return. You "win" no matter if her ability or bonus triggers. She's not better than Bogdan, but imagine what she and your new Ongh can do together!
8/10
Friday 05/04/2013, 12:52

I actually used Baldovino and Madelone in a halfdeck since Grudj is also ELO banned at the moment.. I later changed Madelone to Wolfgang for some more DR.. Finally got to 1300 because of them..
9/10
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 05/04/2013, 15:56

Congratulations on the 1300! Mind posting the deck?
10/10
Saturday 06/04/2013, 06:09

Here it is.. I'm thinking I should replace Nahema with Ongh and Baldovino with Bogdan or Grudj once they're not banned anymore..

http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/presets/?id_preset=2568677

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals