Requesting the New Shop Packs be removed/Remade

Friday 12/04/2013, 13:54
UR_Genie - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
62 messages
UR_Genie - Hero English - Friday 12/04/2013, 13:54

Hello I am requesting that the Urban rivals Staff remove the new packs they made.

The new blood pack I don't mind as much, however the Elite pack needs to remove its rare guarantee, and I believe the Ultimate needs to lower how many it guarantees.

I know a lot of players will jump down my throat saying I want to keep the rich players rich and such. But lets look at the facts of how it has affected the market in 3 DAYS!
Name of card Pre new packs price-> post new packs price 3 days later

Kalindra 80k->62k
X-0DUS 50k->44k
Dregn 48k->42k
Dagg 31k->26.5k
Shaakarti 25k->21.5k
Kolos 45k->41k
Karrion 32k->28k

These are just a few of the big cards that have lost more than 10% of their value in 3 days.

I request that people go and message the UR support team requesting a remake to these packs. I know a lot of players feel these packs were a great addition because they got some really good cards, but it isn't worth the entire market tanking.

The market doesn't stop at the valuable cards like those listed above, with their deminishing value the gap between them and the Crs grow making it even harder for players to get Jackie Cr, Caelus Cr, Tanaereva Cr, Vickie Cr, Lamar Cr, Splata Cr. Because now 2 X-0DUS isnt equal to a Caelus Cr now players have to add more, and this will continue unless we tell them to make it stop.

So please I ask again tell support what you think.

Thanks for your time
~Xi
« Previous1234567Next »

11/62
Capn Clintz - Titan English
Saturday 13/04/2013, 05:07

"I'm still worried that marketing will be damn near impossible because with such an influx of the cards people were looking for it makes it hard to buy and sell for a profit now which was a major money maker and the reason my collection was worth over 4mil. (now down to 3.5mil)"
This makes me laugh so much. Seeing as I have not purchased credits in almost two years or anything really but trading a card or two for the new frozens when they came out and I am still sitting above 5mil... The decrease in prices is not a bad thing. It just helps brings new players in and adds cards to the market.
12/62
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 13/04/2013, 06:41

Over complicating this...

the value of a card is nothing until you sell it. if you are sitting on 10million clintz worth of cards, you dont have 10million til you sell it. if all of a sudden all your cards value dropped to 5million.... so what???? that likely means you can now sell those cards and replace it with another 5million clintz worth of other cards. nothing really changed

UR market in the past years have always favoured sitting on cards over sitting on clintz.... now that certainty is not there.

some players are probably now kicking themselves for buying cards in the past year when they could have sat on clintz instead and buy more now.....
in previous years, people were kicking themselves for not buying cards and sitting on clintz instead
13/62
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Saturday 13/04/2013, 07:18

I do think that everyone blaming the new packs for the economic upheaval is overreacting. A correlation between the arrival of the new packs and some expensive cards dropping in price is by no means proof. Expensive cards do drop in price at times, for a large number of reasons. It's not as if this was the very first time that expensive cards have suffered a price drop.

My only minor issue is that old packs should be easy to access. Some players were very happy with the pace that they were being rewarded, and giving that up for any reason should be purely optional.
14/62
jlegolas - Master - night school English
Saturday 13/04/2013, 10:21

Actually kalindra is 67k at the moment
15/62
-Fruz - Senior English
Saturday 13/04/2013, 11:26

Looks like 61.5k to me.
16/62
SIR BARKS - Legend - Vengeful Little Ponies English
Saturday 13/04/2013, 11:48

The only reason we buy credits and open packs is sell them and make money to buy CR cards with these new releases there's no way we will be making money by selling those cards to buy high cost cr's if they remain at the same price.

So no real credit buyer is going to like this idea.

So take them off of the market.
17/62
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Saturday 13/04/2013, 12:16

@ghelas

Announcement of these things is enough to make it change market. Investors are not stupid - rather - they are very interested what happens in community and change their play accordingly.
18/62
Coldberg - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 13/04/2013, 14:17

The lowering price of cards is the same for everyone. Relative to other players you're still just as far ahead as you always were it's just the valueof the collection has lowered.

Sure you won't get as much for selling those expensive rare cards anymore but it also costs less to buy cards too due to the deflation.
19/62
Saturday 13/04/2013, 19:43

Http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson1709.html

Really, really important lesson here. People jump to conclusions all the time, and think that because something looks logical to them at a glance, they are right and those who disagree are wrong. That's not a good attitude to have...

@psychex:
"The only reason we buy credits and open packs is sell them and make money to buy CR cards with these new releases there's no way we will be making money by selling those cards to buy high cost cr's if they remain at the same price."

Sir/madam, are you speaking for the ENTIRE game? I know a lot of people who buy credits for plenty of other reasons, myself included. I am an ELO player and the only CRs I care about are the ones I win from ELO. I buy only ELO playable cards. I am not alone in this.

@DeepEnd:

What you and some other people seem to be suggesting is that the announcement of a possibly more cost-efficient pack has lead investors to try to dump their cards all at once. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Imagine this scenario: Somewhere out there, a big shot card hoarder has is very close to having the funds he needs to purchase a Cr he's wanted for a long time. He starts selling cards off the top of lots that he has just laying around at prices that he expects will cause them to sell very fast.

Now add wild rumors and typical overzealous speculation about cards going Cr, the world ending, the new New Blood packs spewing out rares like there's no tomorrow, etc.
20/62
Saturday 13/04/2013, 19:48

Ol' Lady Kal is going at 64.5 as I write this. So she has been fluctuating a lot, people are not only selling lots of copies of her, but someone may be buying the cheap ones up. An expensive card is going up and down.

It is only logical to assume that whatever the cause of the heavy trading is, it's not the NB packs. For NB packs to have affected her trading to this extent, it would mean a very LARGE amount of people bought these packs and pulled Kalindra. Far from every Kalindra pulled will be sold, far from every person selling JUST ONE extra Kalindra that they got will put her up at a must-sell price.

Think about these things before you bash the NB packs as a horrible blight upon UR.

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals