Hello I am requesting that the Urban rivals Staff remove the new packs they made.
The new blood pack I don't mind as much, however the Elite pack needs to remove its rare guarantee, and I believe the Ultimate needs to lower how many it guarantees.
I know a lot of players will jump down my throat saying I want to keep the rich players rich and such. But lets look at the facts of how it has affected the market in 3 DAYS!
Name of card Pre new packs price-> post new packs price 3 days later
These are just a few of the big cards that have lost more than 10% of their value in 3 days.
I request that people go and message the UR support team requesting a remake to these packs. I know a lot of players feel these packs were a great addition because they got some really good cards, but it isn't worth the entire market tanking.
The market doesn't stop at the valuable cards like those listed above, with their deminishing value the gap between them and the Crs grow making it even harder for players to get Jackie Cr, Caelus Cr, Tanaereva Cr, Vickie Cr, Lamar Cr, Splata Cr. Because now 2 X-0dus isnt equal to a caelus CR now players have to add more, and this will continue unless we tell them to make it stop.
So please I ask again tell support what you think.
Thanks for your time
"What you and some other people seem to be suggesting is that the announcement of a possibly more cost-efficient pack has lead investors to try to dump their cards all at once."
Its more than enough if some one fourth decide to sell now, not dump, but to sell effectively.
"That just doesn't make any sense to me."
Does holding on to such card make more sense? ...
Holding onto cards has made sense in the past, and I think it makes more sense now. Instead of rushing to get rid of your collection and 'cash in' at a lower price, why not wait for the fluctuations to stop? If you've been sitting on them long enough for this to matter then it's not like it's a problem to wait for the price to come back up again after all the cheap rares are hoarded again.
UR may be a CCG, but the heart of the game is in ELO, DT, Survivor. More rares being spread around at lower price only means good things for these modes, more competition and more fairness all 'round.
Let's go over the facts.
1) UR releases new New Blood packs that are somewhat more cost-efficient, however, they cost more credits so that they will take longer for free players to amass.
2) UR has 50-60k players a week. The overwhelming majority of those do not buy credits at all, or buy them very rarely. So it follows that the vast majority of UR's population hasn't opened ANY new NB packs yet.
3) Nobody has bothered to figure out exactly what the long-term economic impact of these packs will be. It's too complicated. Most likely the fact that they have a better rare yield will be offset partially or completely by the fact that free players take longer to get them. Predicting that they will have a huge impact on the economy is, therefore, absurd.
4) Lots of cards went down in price. There are several possible explanations for this. However, the new NB packs have not been around for a long time, and as I said above, would not have been accessible to most players. It is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY that despite this, the new NB packs have already created a huge influx of rares on the market. Maybe they introduced A LITTLE BIT MORE than the old NB packs would have.
5) People notice cards are falling in price, freak out, blame new NB packs without any proof. Where is the proof? That's right, there isn't any.
In light of these facts, yes, it makes sense to hold on to those cards.
And now for a lesson in common sense.
Correlation does not imply causation. That is a logical fallacy.
People are seeing two events. "The new NB packs were released" and "Prices on some expensive cards rapidly declined." Because these events might be related, people are assuming that they ARE related. However, there is no demonstrable link between the two.
Here is a similarly "logical" conclusion:
-I am a terrible basketball player and have never made a 3-point shot in my life. Me making a 3-point shot is a very unlikely event.
-An earthquake is a very unlikely event.
Therefore, if I am playing basketball and I make a 3-point shot, and an earthquake starts shortly after, my actions were responsible for the earthquake. Because these two very unlikely events show correlation, there must be a link.
Have a rational day.
Um except that your earthquake comparison has nothing to do with this. you linked 2 things that plossably have no connection what so ever. However the packs release and all the price drops do have a connection that makes sense. Urban Rivals wanted to make it easier to get rares and thusly lower their prices to make them again easier to get. That would mean what they did infact did cause the price drops.
Why else would they make the new packs?
Also you messaged me saying that new players dont buy credits. You dont need to. I got about 200 credits from my Ipod with quick app downloads. Same with my tablet so thats 400 credits and 10 packs which net a mass amount of cash in game. Any player can do this too. I personally have done the free credit score membership for 250 credits and that netted me good money in the past. So saying the new packs are hard to get is wrong. They are just as easy to get they just cost more so you get less of them.
For the reasons I mentioned above (namely, not a whole lot of people spend large amounts of credits on a regular basis, new packs haven't been around for long, many people who pull good rares will keep them even if it's an extra copy, many people who sell rares won't deliberately try to drive prices much lower, etc.) it should be very obvious that the release of new packs and the fall in price have a low chance of being connected, as well.
As for why Urban Rivals introduced the new packs? It's simple... It's a sale! You can see almost anyone who sells things employ the same strategy.
Allow me to explain.
The 40 c pack is a better deal, but it takes longer to grind for.
So the easiest way to get this better deal is to spend cash on credits! This creates an advantage for both UR and the players.
I've also raked in free credits from download offers in the past, but currently, there are no such offers available (at least to me.) There are surveys and shady spam-based offers, that many people will not want to touch. So the bottom line seems to be that the new packs exist to encourage cash purchases, and to make cash purchases more generous. All of these seem like good things to me...
I like the New packs.
1. They remove the domination of the NB packs. New Elite packs can be argued as better.
2. They help reduce the price of ridiculously overpriced cards. Which in return makes them more accessible to the new players.
3. The extended mode (Extended Survivor in particular) is pretty much off-limits for a lot players. kinda unfair don't you think?
4. If you haven't noticed these packs have had little if no effect on clans like Bangers Montana Freaks etc. Which means that people themselves choose Vortex, Frozn, Nightmare as the overpriced clans. Its pretty unfair when Dregn X-0dus Shaakarti and Dagg all cost more than Marina or Hax which are the most expensive cards in their respective clans. Vortex is an overpriced clan which a common player can't afford.
5. I think a majority would agree that CRs shouldn't be bought but won.
I like the new packs. They are better value for money.
p.s i have all non Cr cards allready so im talking from to the view of someone with a lot of cards.
The main reason for drastic drops is that people have looked at the new packs and the market and gone "on no, i will lose clintz" and then they sold all their spare copys which they have sit on.
People will then buy these cards late and the price will go up a bit more again.
I find it hard to believe that a *slightly* better deal resulted in people dumping cards in a panicked way... If that is indeed the case, hilariously enough, threads where people say "OMG these packs will ruin the economy" are a lot more responsible than the actual cards coming out of the new pack.
...But then again, maybe this Xi_Chi_Teke guy knows exactly what he's doing, and using the rumor he started to stock up on some cheap Kalindra and X-0DUS?