Requesting the New Shop Packs be removed/Remade

Friday 12/04/2013, 13:54
UR_Genie - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
62 messages
UR_Genie - Hero English - Friday 12/04/2013, 13:54

Hello I am requesting that the Urban rivals Staff remove the new packs they made.

The new blood pack I don't mind as much, however the Elite pack needs to remove its rare guarantee, and I believe the Ultimate needs to lower how many it guarantees.

I know a lot of players will jump down my throat saying I want to keep the rich players rich and such. But lets look at the facts of how it has affected the market in 3 DAYS!
Name of card Pre new packs price-> post new packs price 3 days later

Kalindra 80k->62k
X-0DUS 50k->44k
Dregn 48k->42k
Dagg 31k->26.5k
Shaakarti 25k->21.5k
Kolos 45k->41k
Karrion 32k->28k

These are just a few of the big cards that have lost more than 10% of their value in 3 days.

I request that people go and message the UR support team requesting a remake to these packs. I know a lot of players feel these packs were a great addition because they got some really good cards, but it isn't worth the entire market tanking.

The market doesn't stop at the valuable cards like those listed above, with their deminishing value the gap between them and the Crs grow making it even harder for players to get Jackie Cr, Caelus Cr, Tanaereva Cr, Vickie Cr, Lamar Cr, Splata Cr. Because now 2 X-0DUS isnt equal to a Caelus Cr now players have to add more, and this will continue unless we tell them to make it stop.

So please I ask again tell support what you think.

Thanks for your time
~Xi
« Previous1234567Next »

31/62
Ambre1134 - Titan - wicked souls English
Sunday 14/04/2013, 21:18

XI_Chi_Teke and Ghelas are both right.

It makes sense for prices to drop after more packs are bought or more cards are gotten per pack. These new packs encourage both. New packs make people want to buy them, and they also added value and the guaranteed rare. There is only so much clintz in the game. Therefore Clintz/characters = cost. Obviously, there are other factors.

But I also believe that most of this price-dropping is mostly due to fear of dropping prices. Dropping prices = more people want to sell= more dropping prices = more and more people want to sell. This is a vicious cycle and it is slowing down.

I don't believe Xi_Chi_Teke is trying to get some cheap kalindras and x-odus.
32/62
adb98 - Legend - Limit Break English
Sunday 14/04/2013, 21:44

I actually do like the new pack design, but I feel the elite pack should be changed to 5 clans instead of four, so that more rares can be taken into effect for the one you get, since 1 rare is now gareenteed. As for the NB pack, I would like to see the staff release 6 cards at a time now instead of 4, simply because at the current rate a card will be in new blood for about 6 months after release since 4 new cards are introduce every 2 weeks, and that is just entirely to long. With 6 new characters a week they would only be in NB for only 4 months, which is close to what it was previously.
33/62
Jamox360 - Legend - Open Casket English
Sunday 14/04/2013, 21:48

6 cards would be great
34/62
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Sunday 14/04/2013, 22:13

@Ambre: I didn't think that was actually his goal, although that would be hilarious! All I've been trying to say is that the packs themselves shouldn't have provided a significant influx of cards, especially with them being so new. If rumors like this are enough to make the economy so unstable, it's probably best not to spread them.

I'm just going to go ahead and throw a guesstimate out there.

Let's say 5000 of the new packs were bought. (That is probably a very generous estimate... UR gets around 50k players weekly and like I said, most of them don't buy or buy less than once a month.)
Let's say that 80% of those people selected Frozn as a clan. (Generous yet reasonable estimate there.) That's 4000 packs.
Let's say that 25% of those people pulled a Kalindra. (I think that's REALLY generous.) Okay, that's 1000 new Kalindras.
Let's say that 50% of those people opted to keep her. 500.
Let's say that 50% of those people put her up for a non-fire-sale price, maybe a few hundred clintz lower. Like anyone would, pulling her from a regular pack, so no huge impact on the economy there.
Let's say 50% of those people were SO FRIGHTENED by the rumors that they decided to sell Kal RIGHT NOW. That's 250 Kalindras sold at a reduced price, over the period of somewhere around a week.

Now keep in mind that this DOES NOT HAPPEN ALL AT ONCE. If it happens over a 5-day period, 50 crazy-priced Kals go on sale per day. In other words, ABOUT TWO PER HOUR.
35/62
Sunday 14/04/2013, 22:19

What happens then? Well, smart investors would snatch those Kalindras up fairly quickly. Even if a few panicked people are selling Kalindra right after someone who priced her a few k lower, and drive the prices further down, smart investors probably wouldn't be opposed to picking up an extra copy or two if the price is right. There is very little impact, because if they're listed at a rate of about 2 per hour, Kalindras with significantly decreased prices get bought *very fast.*

So we can conclude that even with very, very, very generous estimates, the cards from the pack alone could not have caused such a dramatic decline in price.

Thank you and good night.
36/62
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Sunday 14/04/2013, 22:41

I think people in general tend to underestimate the number of copies of cards out there....
if we actually knew the number of copies of each card out there.... now that would collapse the market
37/62
Sunday 14/04/2013, 22:45

Agree with Wasteroftime.

Kalindra probably has more than 10000 copies out there....................

Cards on offer < The actual amount of cards out there.

For example, I pulled a kalindra, and just kept it. No one will ever know I have one.......................................................................... Well, I just ruined my secrecy.
38/62
Sunday 14/04/2013, 23:23

Oh, I don't doubt that -- that's why I'm suggesting that 1000 or so new Kalindras may have been added to the game over the last week, just from the new packs. (In reality it may be considerably less than that, but I was trying to be generous with my estimates and show that the market should still hold up.)

When we see 80-some odd Kalindras up on the market, the top 20-30 of that are constantly being bought and new ones are put up. Sometimes it may be just one person buying a huge lot of a card, and hoping it Crs or increases value with time. It would be interesting to keep track and see just how many copies of a card like Kalindra are sold in a typical hour!

There was a gentleman over in the Trade forums earlier looking to sell/trade over 5600 copies of Titsouk. Titsouk may not be nearly as hard to get your hands on as Kal, but just the fact that one person can amass that many copies of an uncommon without it having any effect on the market says a lot...
39/62
Monday 15/04/2013, 01:19

I'd guess that there is at least 1 investor for each card that just keeps amassing them.

Lol. I never had over 700 copies of a card
40/62
Monday 15/04/2013, 02:28

I am more or less a pauper in this game, with almost all of my assets being strong ELO-playable cards. Even so, I somehow ended up with 83 Arawaka in a moment of... Something. Poor judgment, I think.

Anyway, all of this goes to show that it is not all that easy to affect the market. +/- a few hundred cards is not likely to have a huge impact at all, and that is (at the very most) what we're looking at with the new packs.

Probably beating a dead horse at this point.

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals