Requesting the New Shop Packs be removed/Remade

Friday 12/04/2013, 13:54
UR_Genie - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
62 messages
UR_Genie - Hero English - Friday 12/04/2013, 13:54

Hello I am requesting that the Urban rivals Staff remove the new packs they made.

The new blood pack I don't mind as much, however the Elite pack needs to remove its rare guarantee, and I believe the Ultimate needs to lower how many it guarantees.

I know a lot of players will jump down my throat saying I want to keep the rich players rich and such. But lets look at the facts of how it has affected the market in 3 DAYS!
Name of card Pre new packs price-> post new packs price 3 days later

Kalindra 80k->62k
X-0DUS 50k->44k
Dregn 48k->42k
Dagg 31k->26.5k
Shaakarti 25k->21.5k
Kolos 45k->41k
Karrion 32k->28k

These are just a few of the big cards that have lost more than 10% of their value in 3 days.

I request that people go and message the UR support team requesting a remake to these packs. I know a lot of players feel these packs were a great addition because they got some really good cards, but it isn't worth the entire market tanking.

The market doesn't stop at the valuable cards like those listed above, with their deminishing value the gap between them and the Crs grow making it even harder for players to get Jackie Cr, Caelus Cr, Tanaereva Cr, Vickie Cr, Lamar Cr, Splata Cr. Because now 2 X-0DUS isnt equal to a Caelus Cr now players have to add more, and this will continue unless we tell them to make it stop.

So please I ask again tell support what you think.

Thanks for your time
~Xi
« Previous1234567Next »

41/62
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Monday 15/04/2013, 04:04

Well imho the changes probably hurt speculators quite a bit - perhaps this is their main Beef with the issue

nevertheless, one must admit that the new packs does give more/better cards per unit of credit compared to the old sets, thereby making it more appealing to the general public

personally i rarely speculate with the market, so i must admit that perhaps it is in my vested interest to allow the changes, but i reckon it is also in the vested interest of those who want to revert to the old settings so that they can control the market a tad more than they can now...

even though i hate economics, i'd have to say that in this case more trades = better results overall for the community as it gives more welfare (in the form of more widespread card variety ownership and use) and reduces inflation quite a bit
42/62
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Monday 15/04/2013, 04:37

@mahawirasd:

The changes in price definitely hurt speculators. But the question is, did the changes in the shop directly cause the changes in price?

If you check my estimate a bit earlier in the thread, you'll see that it was pretty much mathematically impossible for that to have happened.
43/62
Monday 15/04/2013, 06:28

@ghelas
i did follow your reasoning and although i agree to most of the key points that you are making, i think you forgot to account for people like me who do not really buy credits often but are active enough to save up (i usually only buy the 295 cred packs) that when the new packs came out (which are undoubtedly a better deal even compared to the 295 cred ones) i was able to buy quite a few.

Now i have several duplicates but i just happen to be the type who do not mind doubles and don't feel like selling them since i have enough clintz as well. However, that might not be the case for other players who have saved up credits but do not have clintz.
If one were in such a position, one can understand how having duplicates might mean that it would be better for them to sell the medium or high priced ones for solvency.

again, all of this is just our speculation and i will always agree that correlation does not necessarily mean causation, but if there were enough people experiencing the aforementioned scenario (or some similar version of it), it would be logical to see a sizable influx of cards to the market which will decrease prices.

Now i also understand that having hundred copies of a card and flooding the market does not have to mean a decrease in price (one can sell them all at the same price), however, if it were hundreds of different people having one duplicate each and trying to undercut each other, it would be logical to see a decrease in price.
44/62
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Monday 15/04/2013, 10:44

That's why my estimates are so generous, though. There are probably some factors that I left out, but I'm saying that as many as 25% of the people who buy a pack will pull the best rare in one of the clans. Realistically, of course, the number must be much, much smaller than that. This alone most likely offsets any inaccuracy in my numbers.
45/62
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 15/04/2013, 12:44

I'm actually curious on how rare each rare is. Is Dregn rarer than Kobalth?
46/62
Ambre1134 - Titan - wicked souls English
Monday 15/04/2013, 21:55

@WiseManDuessl

Exactly what I thought too.

I thought that there must be a "Super Rare" or an "Ultra Rare" function. I have bought many many packs, and I always get more of cheaper rares than the expensive ones . Numar has no reason to be more expensive than Diana. And Lizbeth's offers are currently at 99, but Shifou, an older card, has 261. I can guarantee you that Shifou is more elo-playable than Lizbeth and that Lizbeth is banned for no reason. Lizbeth also has a crazy amount of competition, with Ahkab, Dalhia Cr, and Selma. Shifou has only Zhu Tang and Shifou is slightly better....
47/62
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 04:32

The issue is, the amount of offers on market can't really be used to gauge "rarity" as they only show "willingness to sell".

i reckon the different card rarity tags are just used by devs to determine their probability of showing up in packs, but even then the RNG gods may, assuming the sample size is below infinity (i assume this is our current condition), produce different numbers of cards out there.

Then comes the issues mentioned by Ambre1134 - the subjectivity of card owners determine whether they want to stockpile some cards, sell other cards, or sell to kate, or whatever...

so at the end of the day, the decrease in price just shows that people are more willing to sell those cards at lower prices. I have a suspicion that the new packs may have affected that willingness to sell. Not to say that what ghelas is saying isn't relevant, just that there are quite a lot of factors that we can only speculate on.
48/62
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 13:52

@mahawirasd

You are correct. Well, I think you are correct. I wonder if a mod can answer this question?

I can name only these factors:
1. More characters per credit = More cards. Cards decrease because "Clintz/Cards=Price"
2.Panic. Cards Decrease= People think "I need to sell the card before it decreases even more!" and leads to more price decrease. It's a "Vicious cycle"
3. The rare guarantee.
4. When the new packs are released, it makes people want to buy some packs. I guess many people bought 420 credits or something.

It would actually make more sense to "stockpile" Shifous than Lizbeths. Shifous are (at the moment) underpriced. I'm "stockpiling" him myself. Lizbeth, on the other hand, is overpriced. It makes NO SENSE whatsoever, that Lizbeth is worth more than Dalhia Cr.
49/62
UR_Genie - Hero English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 14:24

Ambre it does make sense though. There are less Lizbeth then thetre are Dalhia Cr Dalhia Cr was a card everyone had really. I mean I had 4 or 5 of her at one point before she CRd. Lizbeth is a rare and therefore was harder to get and seeing as she is newer has been around less to get.
50/62
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 21:27

Are you saying a rare that just got out of newblood should be worth more than a CR that was release 5 years ago?

That's not true. There are probably more Lizbeths out there than Dalhias. When Dalhia was released 5 years ago, there were less people buying NB packs because less players were on the game. So, there are less copies of Dalhia than Lizbeth. Even a rare in NB gets a lot of copies (unless there is a super-rare function)

I don't think you seem to get that cards in NB stay low for a long time......... and then rise up.

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals