Requesting the New Shop Packs be removed/Remade

Friday 12/04/2013, 13:54
UR_Genie - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
62 messages
UR_Genie - Hero English - Friday 12/04/2013, 13:54

Hello I am requesting that the Urban rivals Staff remove the new packs they made.

The new blood pack I don't mind as much, however the Elite pack needs to remove its rare guarantee, and I believe the Ultimate needs to lower how many it guarantees.

I know a lot of players will jump down my throat saying I want to keep the rich players rich and such. But lets look at the facts of how it has affected the market in 3 DAYS!
Name of card Pre new packs price-> post new packs price 3 days later

Kalindra 80k->62k
X-0DUS 50k->44k
Dregn 48k->42k
Dagg 31k->26.5k
Shaakarti 25k->21.5k
Kolos 45k->41k
Karrion 32k->28k

These are just a few of the big cards that have lost more than 10% of their value in 3 days.

I request that people go and message the UR support team requesting a remake to these packs. I know a lot of players feel these packs were a great addition because they got some really good cards, but it isn't worth the entire market tanking.

The market doesn't stop at the valuable cards like those listed above, with their deminishing value the gap between them and the Crs grow making it even harder for players to get Jackie Cr, Caelus Cr, Tanaereva Cr, Vickie Cr, Lamar Cr, Splata Cr. Because now 2 X-0DUS isnt equal to a Caelus Cr now players have to add more, and this will continue unless we tell them to make it stop.

So please I ask again tell support what you think.

Thanks for your time
~Xi
« Previous1234567Next »

51/62
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 00:50

Haha

this is what the entire virtual economy of UR depends on....

as long as we dont know the real numbers, then we can all just carry on imagining what something is worth.
52/62
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 04:48

Boostr EN staff is probably having a really fun time reading this thread
53/62
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 07:46

On the contrary, the value of a card depends on how many people don't have it and want it, and how bad they want it. There could be 5000 extra Kalindra or 50,000 extra Kalindra floating out there, but if they primarily stay in the hands of collectors and speculators, it doesn't make a bit of difference.
54/62
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 10:54

A huge factor in greed.... it just cannot be satiated

we all want extras of the most expensive cards because the prices are so high.... so we are willing to pay a lot for them if we can get it for a slight discount.

i believe the really rich players have figured out that there are simply too many copies of cards out there and their stockpile is potentially not as valuable as they would like to think. I think this explains the massive drop of prices pretty much throughout the market.

i dont think we have had a Common card get Crd in the past couple of years -- people have dumped their common card stockpiles -- add to this the free common cards from Kate that we get now. So we see a massive collapse of many cards. Nearly unheard of to see cards below 150 say for sale on the market for very long. It is quite normal now

the more recent Cr releases have also not gone up in price as many of the richer players have hoped. So many players dump them for a smaller profit and few people are willing to jump on them since they are not confident they can turn a profit later. Consistently seeing players selling 100s or even 1000s of copies of a Cr card kinda shakes people confidence on the value of their copies of the cards.

Even the higher value Crs have dropped..... since dozens of high priced Crs now enter the system every week.

Lets see where this ride takes us --- although I am actually a bit concerned about how low UR will allow the market to dip before implementing something else to change our market behaviour/strategies
55/62
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 11:57

I may be the odd one out here, but I was never much for hoarding cards... I can't run two copies of something in ELO, why hang on to it instead of selling it off and using the money to create more deck-building options?

Very good points, though, in general. And I'm sure the staff will step in and do something creative if the market dips too low, so that's something people complaining about the new packs should be mindful of as well.
56/62
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 13:00

Veenyle was the last common to get Crd, I think.

In my guild there was a huge (and failed) clan-wide attempt to price control Heegrn Cr. Needless to say they lost a lot of money. I do invest in cards, but only playable cards that are at their lowest point as a general rule (usually uncommons), Martha for example is a no-lose investment. Most of my collection came from a Shann investment that returned 1500%.
57/62
Lady Sinister - Imperator - night school English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 17:36

Truthfully I dont think that rarity matters for the value of cards. Take the Frozn's Ayah for example not a rare but quite valued instead, I believe that the value of the cards change by the demands of it as well as their stats and abilities and maybe even ther clan bonuses.
58/62
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 17:55

"Truthfully I dont think that rarity matters for the value of cards"

It is one part of the pricetag, its simply matter of supply that makes even sub-par rares have OK pricetag. Price of card is made up on roughly (but not limited to) these things (not in order of importance):

1) New Blood status (or recent newblood status) (newblood supply status)
2) How popular clan is on pack clan picks (supply status)
3) Price history (expected price)
4) Absolute play value
5) Position to next best alternative in-clan
6) Relative price to alternatives in clan
7) Rareness.
Is card part of possibly CR-getting clan?
9) Recent takeover attempts
10) LD related price changes/expectations
11) Market play around that card
12) How much investors needs money overall currently. (aka. Keep or sell decisions)
13) Metagame changes
14) ELO bans.
15) Card level
16) Card suitability for pfull scene

These are some of the factors that make cards have certain pricetag each moment. These things affect both the short time and long time prices.
59/62
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 20:32

Good post DeepEnd
60/62
Ambre1134 - Titan - wicked souls English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 21:09

Yep... good post

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals