Looking to get into ELO

Looking to get into ELO
Monday 22/04/2013, 14:09
kidUSA - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
15 messages
Looking to get into ELO
kidUSA - Master - Biggest Team SeenEnglish - Monday 22/04/2013, 14:09

I have played casually for a little while, and I decided that I want to get into the ELO mode.

I was just woundering if it is better to spend a large chunck of my clintz on 1 card, and build a deck around that with what I can, or if I should spend my money equally among all the cards in the deck..
Ex. 1 card worth 20k+ clintz, with 7 cards equal to or less than 5k clintz.. Or build an 8 card deck equal to 25k+ clintz.

I cant decided how I should approch this, so I figured I would ask, any respons is appreciated..
« Previous12Next »

11/15
kidUSA - Master - Biggest Team Seen English
Friday 26/04/2013, 00:48

@WiseManDuessl

I can kind of see why Eggman might be a poor choice for ELO mode, but what makes Psylo a bad card?

And does SoA really make Fuzz a better card than Neil? Because Neil has higher power, and makes for a good low pill card, whereas Fuzz really only has that SoA, and although 8 damage is nice, he only has that 6 power, and I was under the impression that 7 power is the minimum power you should look for in ELO cards..
12/15
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 26/04/2013, 02:12

Psylo is a bad card because Neil already does what Psylo does, a utility SoA, for 2* less. Jean is actually better because he has 8 power.

As a general rule, 7 power is minimum. However, SoA completely changes the rules. Take for example the GHEIST clan. You'll see cards like Leviatonn, Bristone, Mok, XU52 used very often. These cards have 6 power, but their high damage allows them to be played in the top levels of ELO. Likewise, cards like XU52, Cliff, Lou and Fuzz are strong in the sense that they can capitalize on ability-reliant cards (Uranus, for example) and hit for a ton of damage.

Neil sure has better power, but most of the time Fuzz beats more cards because in exchange for 1 power he gets SoA, the best ability in the game, and 2 damage. Sure Neil is good for low Pillz bluffing, and I don't deny his usefulness, but 6 damage on a 5* is hard to play unless you're a card like Rolph or Shakra. Fuzz is just too good not to use.
13/15
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Friday 26/04/2013, 03:13

Fuzz is definitely better than Neil for 3 reasons (reiterating Duessl):

1. DR resistant (except P-cats, of course). HUUUGE plus side for Fuzz is that his 8 damage is (for the most part) irreducible, making him a a constant 8 damage threat. In contrast, Neil only hits for 6, which can be brought down by DRs.

2. 1 power less is also compensated for by his ability to negate round-winning abilities. eg. Taljion, Radek etc. Very very long list.

3. Neil's ability is defeat based, which means to activate it you have to lose with your nuke. Not ideal IMO. Even Fuzz's SOA can be a better defeat ability in some cases against life-gap or +/- pill abilities. Just depends on who he loses to.

Oh, and Jean is a brilliant 2* SOA, whilst Psylo's base stats are a bit outdated compared to what's going around these days.
14/15
kidUSA - Master - Biggest Team Seen English
Friday 26/04/2013, 09:34

@thank you for your input

If I decided to keep Veenyle Cr for Cr purposes, what would you suggest switching Pegh out with.. Is Cheep stable enough in ELO, even though his ability is -Stop based, or would something like a Scopica, Nyema, Hystrix, or Radek be better in the 3* spot.. Or would you suggest just dropping Veenyle Cr for Tremorh, Jiro, Stiko, Onik, or Romana..
15/15
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 26/04/2013, 11:33

Cheep kind of sucks. Really bad. I like Radek, but some people run Nyema instead. Up to preference.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals