Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
216 messages
Acclaim the Coliseum !
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Wednesday 24/04/2013, 17:12

Hey everybody !

For those who missed it :
http://www.urban-rivals.com/special/alerts/?key=vhpc9beo0rk

The Coliseum is a brand new game room with customizable parameters allowing us to provide you with large scale events !

From time to time we'll open the room and configure specific rules (life points, pillz, deck format, scoring rules, etc.), and you'll be able to play in it for glory and to claim the best prizes !

You can check it status, its rules and its own ranking here : http://www.urban-rivals.com/coliseum/
The game room will be available in the flash game only when the Coliseum status is set to "Playing".

This room will be inaugurated in BETA with a first event tomorrow from 7pm to midnight GMT +1 : No KO no victory !

Many rumbles are to come ! Enjoy !

edited by Goralion Wednesday 24/04/2013, 17:12
« Previous12...111213141516...2122Next »

131/216
Babs Hartley - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Friday 26/04/2013, 16:55

Whoops! I didn't realize that Coliseum would go away. I didn't get to play in it.

Glad to hear that it will be back! Sounds like a fun mode! Be interesting if the rules got switched around a bit from time to time.
132/216
TheBatman_ - Hero - The Unbeatable Legion of Justice English
Saturday 27/04/2013, 15:59

I suggest make the next one 24 hours but still have the 40 fight limit. Some people completely missed it!
133/216
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 11:30

@XThe BatmanX :

-UM_AaaBattery: would love to see the next one be a day or two long (but with a maximum number of fights still).

-Goralion: @UM_AaaBattery : that seems to be the best time duration for a Coliseum event indeed.
134/216
MrkingPin_MoB - Legend - Masters of Battle English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 14:51

I loved it.. it was fun to 1 hit ko with Herman More please.... and SOON!!!!
135/216
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Monday 29/04/2013, 00:32

Another interesting idea could be to have a random life/pill total each day for colliseum (ie: the base could start at 6 for each, and increase by 1 as the week goes by). It'd definitely make sundays more fun...
136/216
Sagepoil - Legend - Japan Expo English
Friday 03/05/2013, 09:44

Seriously we should limit the number of matches playable in the coliseum, 40 matches for two days would be indeed more cool for people working and having a family
137/216
Thunderstrykes - Hero - The Urban Renegades English
Saturday 04/05/2013, 07:58

I'm not seeing the rules adhered to in deck formation, 70% of the decks were mono clans. I realize it is possible to draw 4 of the same clan for a battle but not 70% of the time. I only do that myself about 1 in 40 battles. I'm also seeing SOA or SOB when they are conditional abilities (such as Courage: SOA). I did pretty well and I adhered to every deck building rule even though it seemed the majority payed with decks that should have been illegal. Hopefully it's fixed before the next Coliseum, it's a great tournament otherwise. (Leela-Brok is a great 2HKO combo for this format. I didn't lose a battle when they both are drawn). I'd like to see it at 70 match maximum, about 6 hours of weekend play, which still allows enough battles for adequate ranking separation. Anything lower and we'll see 50 players finishing with the same point total.
138/216
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 04/05/2013, 09:06

@Thunderstrykes
The rules don't say that you have to play a half, only that you can't have more than two clans present and that if you choose to play with 2 then they have to be even. The rules also don't say anything about conditional SoA/B only the normal versions; this was likely an oversight.
139/216
TheKingofSquid - Legend - Heroes of Darkness English
Sunday 05/05/2013, 09:50

I like the rules and the limitations, but I'd like to point out some "balance issues":

1) il you ban an ability, ban it everywhere. If you said NO SoA and SoB, I should not find Courage/Revenge/Confidence: SoA and SoB. Not because they are such a problem, but people will likely use a deck with "big abilities" and it mess you up finding out that a clan that does not need help, like the Uppers, has Wendel (and that's, a problem);

2) limit the bonus points on pills!! Let's say +4, +5 maximum, or it can really mess up the ranking.

Done so, I believe that colosseum is one of the best modes by now, because there are good prizes and you are not in TQ, where aftere a streak of wins with a 24 stars deck you find yourself against a 38 star deck and just want to kill yourself...
(it's even bettere than ELO, where a player like me, who had GHEIST as fist clan, can't play them since 1 year and an half!!).
140/216
-U-R-Lucky- - Imperator - • » вєαυтιƒυℓ αηgєℓz « • English
Sunday 05/05/2013, 10:36

I agree completely with ThekingofSquid.

And there should be a gap of lets say 1 day after each coliseum. I found it very hard to manage my time between elo and it.

« Previous12...111213141516...2122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals