Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
216 messages
Acclaim the Coliseum !
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Wednesday 24/04/2013, 17:12

Hey everybody !

For those who missed it :
http://www.urban-rivals.com/special/alerts/?key=vhpc9beo0rk

The Coliseum is a brand new game room with customizable parameters allowing us to provide you with large scale events !

From time to time we'll open the room and configure specific rules (life points, pillz, deck format, scoring rules, etc.), and you'll be able to play in it for glory and to claim the best prizes !

You can check it status, its rules and its own ranking here : http://www.urban-rivals.com/coliseum/
The game room will be available in the flash game only when the Coliseum status is set to "Playing".

This room will be inaugurated in BETA with a first event tomorrow from 7pm to midnight GMT +1 : No KO no victory !

Many rumbles are to come ! Enjoy !

edited by Goralion Wednesday 24/04/2013, 17:12
« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

161/216
0 Braxter - Titan English
Thursday 09/05/2013, 00:34

@Mike Last event went by CET (Central European Time) so the event ended on time
162/216
Mike The Mas - Titan English
Thursday 09/05/2013, 02:01

Yeah but i was not able to get in a match for the laat 6 minutes, i know its not a huge deal, but it is still really annoying.
163/216
TheKingofSquid - Titan - Heroes of Darkness English
Thursday 09/05/2013, 11:48

I got to say that, last colosseum was a pesky thing...

Fang pi are not such a good clan, and in mono they are boring and have few strategies. We all had the same card because the good cards of the clan are always the same, so it was always a mirror.
Worst thing was the life/pill ration. I mean, 30 star fang pi with no SoB (why no SoB??) = try the KO; so the whole thing reduced to win the first round. Whoever won it would also win the match. But in purely winning the first round there is not strategy:
- opponent uses Fei
- I respod Heitachi
Both 4 star, both 8 power... pills? If Fei is 0 (bluff) and I go 5-6 pills, I lost. If Fei is 5 and I go 5, I lose, if Fei goes 5 and I go 6, opponent lose.
There is no strategy here, it'ss always 50/50. If at least you left the SoB avalable and made it 25-28 stars, maybe there could have been some differences through decks, someone whould have used SoB as damage recucers, other would have tryied the KO, we would have not seen Yoshida everywhere and so on...

So, think it carefully please, this colosseum was terribile.
164/216
maki_mUR - Legend - Dragons Cro Clan English
Thursday 09/05/2013, 12:11

I think it was really fun. There were some deck choices that worked better than usually and some that worked worse, for example many people used Futoshi Ld but Futoshi loses to any other card on equal pillz because his ability doesn't help. Same thing for Nekurenbo, as the life=points rule made it seem he was a good choice. Heitachi was priceless due to so many power reducers in FPC, Ralph was excellent because he could beat Fei, Kerozinn Cr and Yoshida on equal pillz, same goes for Chan against Heitachi... So it was kinda like rock-paper-scissors One card that did wonders was Hattori, nobody wants to pill just to get 3-4 damage in... And another card that was overlooked was Unagi, it's a great filler with awesome damage that was able to surprise the opponent and 2hko
165/216
badna0 - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 09/05/2013, 12:14

Have awards been handed out yet? I haven't gotten mine.
166/216
-MechaHorse- - Imperator - • » вєαυтιƒυℓ αηgєℓz « • English
Thursday 09/05/2013, 12:14

+5 to kingsquid, Real analyst there .

I think the battle system could apply to coliseum too. I mean I had 26* weakish deck and most of my fights were against two 5* with rest two either 4* or 3* or both . In 1 fight opp. had Yoshida,Kerozinn Cr and Eyrik .
167/216
Thursday 09/05/2013, 15:30

Got to say: lucky in that case you were wrong.

Colosseum is more like ELO, and not standard. So, if they give you 30 stars, you have to use them all! There were no prizes for having less stars or keeping pills, so you had to max out your deck. That's strategy, and that's ok, your fault using 26...

The problem was the removal of SoB in a clan with 3 SoB, the 30 stars that forced the hand on some cards quite more than others and the 12 pills (should have made 14, but they did not do so fearing Tsubame, but with power manip Tsubame sucks at higher pills, so...).

About maki: what are we talking about. Nekurembo, Hattori, Futoshi Ld... always there, what cards do you think were I talking about? Everyone had always: Raplh, Chan, Yoshida, Heitachi and Fei. Then, with the remaining 12 stars (40% of the format) you had to put in something else, that usually was Eiryk/Hattori/Nekurembo, Sayura/Rei, Kusuri/Unagi.

Fang Pi have a little choice of good cards, and this choise becomes even smaller rising the possible stars and limiting to no SoA/SoB (riukichi was not usable, Linda bah, SoB out, Kati out, Nakata/mutendon with no SoA??).

So, I'll repeat myself: I like colosseum, it's a good idea and it's good with interesting prices (not like this time). Still, pay attention, do not have the hurry to make one colosseum after one other and think carefully about the rules, that's all!
168/216
0 Braxter - Titan English
Thursday 09/05/2013, 16:26

Another great Coliseum event I personally did horrible because of the vast majority of 50/50 matches, but still had a good time. Keep up the good work UR

P.S. I think its been stated previously in this thread, but some sort of countdown timer on the event homepage would be a big help to some of the players on UR
169/216
Thursday 09/05/2013, 23:42

Bigger question: prizes distribution when????
170/216
maki_mUR - Legend - Dragons Cro Clan English
Friday 10/05/2013, 00:14

Kuei and Ryuichi were usable, I've had fights against them. The same thing was in the last coliseum event where SoA/SoB were banned, people could still use situational SoA and SoB abilites, like Cliff.
"what are we talking about. Nekurembo, Hattori, Futoshi Ld... always there, what cards do you think were I talking about?" - uh, I've said Futoshi Ld and Nekurenbo were bad choices due to their "only" 8 power and high star count.
Well, you can't expect a whole lot of variety among 40 usable cards, but I've faced Hugo, Bridget, Rei, Zinfrid, Sayura, Yu Mei, Yumi... not a lot of them, but they were used. This was obviously just a minor event with 30 battles only. For me, the fun was in exploring how certain cards work better knowing what your opponent might use in his deck, I've already mentioned the examples. But then again, FPC is my favourite clan, I'm probably a little biased

« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals