Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
216 messages
Acclaim the Coliseum !
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Wednesday 24/04/2013, 17:12

Hey everybody !

For those who missed it :
http://www.urban-rivals.com/special/alerts/?key=vhpc9beo0rk

The Coliseum is a brand new game room with customizable parameters allowing us to provide you with large scale events !

From time to time we'll open the room and configure specific rules (life points, pillz, deck format, scoring rules, etc.), and you'll be able to play in it for glory and to claim the best prizes !

You can check it status, its rules and its own ranking here : http://www.urban-rivals.com/coliseum/
The game room will be available in the flash game only when the Coliseum status is set to "Playing".

This room will be inaugurated in BETA with a first event tomorrow from 7pm to midnight GMT +1 : No KO no victory !

Many rumbles are to come ! Enjoy !

edited by Goralion Wednesday 24/04/2013, 11:12
« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

181/216
Worbis2 - Imperator - lonely fighters Deutsch
Sunday 19/05/2013, 22:06

Today I looked at the Colliseum page to check wether there is a new event.

It says there is a 2 credit entry fee and that I have joined the event. However I have never agreed to join the event and I'm not sure if 2 Credits were subtracted from mine.

If they indeed automaticly subtracted the Credits, can I leave the event and be refunded?
182/216
Hugh Jazz - Veteran - The Urban Renegades English
Monday 20/05/2013, 20:51

Has anyone received any prizes from the last coliseum yet?
183/216
-U-R-Lucky- - Imperator - • » вєαυтιƒυℓ αηgєℓz « • English
Wednesday 22/05/2013, 18:44

Its clearly made to promote Huracan !!

I don't have any,and I would not waste clintz to fight mirror matches . If it continues till Friday when new huracans come then this coliseum might get a shot.
184/216
(((-))) - Legend Español
Friday 24/05/2013, 18:07

30 fights per player seems so wrong on so many levels !!!! this is what i hate about a fight limit, after more than half the players that participate finish their 30 fights then come the real good players and bump everyone down 200-300 spots ... in one event i was in the top 500 and i thought i was safe for the 10 credits prize, but i was bumped off my spot by 200-300 spots by players that waited till much later to join in the event, thats why there shoud be just a time limit on Coliseum events not a fight limit !!!
185/216
Vinyl-Scratch - Legend - D-Versified English
Friday 24/05/2013, 18:33

If there was a time limit this would just be another dt. A fight limit is much better than a time limit.
186/216
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 24/05/2013, 19:00

@(((-)))
I pretty much disagree on every level of what you just said. If there wasn't a fight limit, it would (probably) end up moreso like a 6 hour DT than a Coliseum. Unless you'd play for the whole time, you wouldn't stand any chance of the best prizes. Meanwhile, this setting boils it down more to skill than speed. Minus that the time limit is about 18 hours too short, this is pretty much the optimal way for these events to play out.
187/216
(((-))) - Legend Español
Friday 24/05/2013, 19:46

@ anyone who understands logic !!!! There Is Already A Time Limit On The Coliseum Event, all UR has to do is do away with the fight limit !!! i have been in Community Events that have lasted days, 6 hours is nothing to a seasoned player and for any player that really want to score a decent prize !!! it doesnt really matter to me all i have to do is wait till the last 2 hours and bump 200-300 players off their spots, that secures my spot and when event is over no one will bump me off my spot !!!!
188/216
Friday 24/05/2013, 19:55

Yeah, and the time limit should be 24 hours for the sake of fairness. Or at least at other times than European evening. The fight limit is good, and you're just sour because there are people who play better than you under these circumstances and you can't compensate for it by playing more.
189/216
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Friday 24/05/2013, 20:48

@Parentheses dude.
Yes there is a time limit formats, but that's not the coliseum's gimmick, the match limit is. If you removed the fight limit, you remove the one thing that makes this different from the early card events (word on the grapevine, we should expect more of those).

Not everyone has six hours to compete in a single event, so if you leave it without limits only the no-lifers like me will stand a chance. The fight limits rewards actual play and deck making skill as opposed to time invested. I should know, as I am an attrition player.

The time limit is too short and unforgiving for players in certain timezones. 24 hours with 30-50 fights would be perfect, I believe.
190/216
Friday 24/05/2013, 21:00

So, why should the fight limit be removed, other than to allow the DT-esque enter-bashing playstyle? If anything, that should be implemented into DTs as an experiment.

« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals