Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
216 messages
Acclaim the Coliseum !
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Wednesday 24/04/2013, 17:12

Hey everybody !

For those who missed it :
http://www.urban-rivals.com/special/alerts/?key=vhpc9beo0rk

The Coliseum is a brand new game room with customizable parameters allowing us to provide you with large scale events !

From time to time we'll open the room and configure specific rules (life points, pillz, deck format, scoring rules, etc.), and you'll be able to play in it for glory and to claim the best prizes !

You can check it status, its rules and its own ranking here : http://www.urban-rivals.com/coliseum/
The game room will be available in the flash game only when the Coliseum status is set to "Playing".

This room will be inaugurated in BETA with a first event tomorrow from 7pm to midnight GMT +1 : No KO no victory !

Many rumbles are to come ! Enjoy !

edited by Goralion Wednesday 24/04/2013, 17:12
« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

191/216
badna0 - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 24/05/2013, 21:37

I'm with Thoazol on this one.
First... I love playing these Coliseum events. Lots of variety, fresh deck making for the format, and fiendish challenges (the KO only one is particularly difficult). The fight limit is part of what makes it intriguing. You can spend a little more than an hour to complete it, for excellent prizes.

The timezone is killer, though. It currently falls in my 8 pm - 2 am, which is nearly perfectly convenient for me. However, for 2/3 of the world, that's immensely difficult to make. There shouldn't be anything wrong from either:
1. Making multiple coliseums for timezone groups (and limiting participation in one max)
2. Making coliseum 1 day long. It's only fair to the poor people in Asia/NA for whom it falls in the middle of the night/during work.

The exclusive event part comes from the format. There's no sense artificially limiting the challenge by forcing players to schedule around it.
192/216
(((-))) - Legend Español
Friday 24/05/2013, 21:38

I don't have an issue with the duration of the event just the fight limit !!! 30 fights just seems so low for guys like myself that love to speed through matches, the event is nearly over and already a mass amount of players have finished the 30 fights and now players like me who waited will join in and bump off a lot of them off their spots and there is nothing they can do, as we speak 50 or more players just got kicked of their spot now they wont get a decent prize I am advocating a more fights minimum so this does not happen !!! Well 3 hours left its my turn to bump a few players off !!!! Lmao
193/216
Vinyl-Scratch - Legend - D-Versified English
Friday 24/05/2013, 21:50

How would adding more fights stop that from happening?
194/216
mihalll7_UM - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 24/05/2013, 21:50

@ guys like myself that love to speed through matches, the event is nearly over

the coliseum is not about speeding through games, it's target is QUALITY of battles, not QUANTITY

@a mass amount of players have finished the 30 fights and now players like me who waited will join in and bump off a lot of them

there's no difference when you start playing, that's exactly what the fight limit is for

@as we speak 50 or more players just got kicked of their spot now they wont get a decent prize

If they're score isn't high enough, they will be overtaken by other players with higher score - seems natural, doeasn't it?

@ I am advocating a more fights minimum so this does not happen !!!

lol vut? there's no fights minimum; if this is about max limit again, then it's no use. It can be either raised slightly, which will not change a thing if it still vould be reached at ease within the timeframe, and if it's too high, you wouldn't be able to reach the limit and will start whining about wasted fights

@ Well 3 hours left its my turn to bump a few players off !!!!

go and do that if you think it's somehow better tactic; finishing your battles earlier or later won't change a thing, the score you earn will be decisive

if someone thinks I am wrong in any of this points, please correct me
195/216
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Friday 24/05/2013, 22:08

Liked this one, but it would have been nice if DR was banned or if it was 12 life (finding a 2 round KO is so difficult!). Nearly impossible if you don't draw your 5* unless you play a 7/8 damage 4*.
196/216
Whitedragon11 - Colossus - Limit Break English
Saturday 25/05/2013, 01:45

I think a maximum fight limit is a good idea. People who have other things going on with their lives won't lose out to players who can clear their whole day's schedule and play from open to close. It gives everyone an equal footing. If you have a high score, but someone else knocks you down later, it wasn't a matter of time, it was a matter of him getting more points with the same number of fights you had.
197/216
(((-))) - Legend Español
Saturday 25/05/2013, 15:55

Ok event is over and I should be getting 5000 clintz does anyone know when they hand out the prizes ? ?
198/216
DLL Laermans - Guru - de lage landen Deutsch
Saturday 25/05/2013, 17:30

Haven't got mine yet either, so I assume they've not been handed out yet
199/216
SIR BARKS - Legend - Vengeful Little Ponies English
Sunday 26/05/2013, 05:33

Where are the rewards??
200/216
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 26/05/2013, 13:27

I really like the fight limit on Coliseum. It makes it a game mode where you have to think about you fights unlike a time limit mode where its how many fights you can play in a certain ammount of time.

It also means people who can't play for more then an hour or so a day can still win.

« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals