Click here if you forgot your password.

Request for Standard 25 format

Saturday 27/04/2013, 08:02
MsDouDou - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
17 messages
MsDouDou - Hero - Brotherhood of the CrescentEnglish - Saturday 27/04/2013, 08:02

Standard lacks 25 format, and i'm sick of playing against no brainer all 5's decks, mainly Vortex and Junta. Those builds are designed to exploit over-powered card and not much strategies involved, simply repetition of a certain play-style.

Currently there is no balance gameplay in Standard format because most players go for 5's cards, and careful deck building is redundant. This environment is already exiting in Extended, but Extended has 25 option. If you are a player who like not to play against over-powered retired cards such as Guru, Dj Korr etc., you may choose Standard, but in Standard you won't get dalanced and strategic gameplay.

Please consider creating a Standard 25 format, i'm losing interest in this game even though i own cards and could play those no brainer decks, which i never liked playing with.
« Previous12Next »

11/17
MsDouDou - Hero - Brotherhood of the Crescent English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 17:17

Actually it would be good to have Standard 25 for all modes. Vinyl, playing a draw of 10-16 stars against 18- 20 stars most of the times is inbalance, and if both parties are brought to the same level, it'll surely balance the gameplay somewhat, may not be a big difference but, at least the dominate clans would not be able to use ALL THE most powerful cards, despite they have more cards to choose from. That also bring it a little more luck/draw factors, instead of every draw would be all powerful cards of 4-5 stars.
12/17
Sunday 28/04/2013, 17:25

Amber, I'm not sure in Tourney the automatic pairing of similar stars-level is working very well, i had experience of matches that had far apart gap in total stars-level. We know the dominant clans have bigger Standard cards pool and some over-powered cards, but further condoning then to use all 4-5 stars cards will be adding salt to the wound. Adding Standard 25 format is a good good way to mitigate the gross difference, i hope players see my point.
13/17
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 17:32

" Standard is just a failure of a format."

I think the fact that original standard gave Roots 7 cards to choose from was a clear enough sign of that.
Standard 2.0, forget the time limit and give all clans 3 latest 2*, 4 latest 3*, 3 latest 4* and 2 latest 5*; plus the starter cards; plus the cards that are due to leaving the next rotation (; plus the LDs)?
14/17
0 GURU - Veteran - Open Casket English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 17:53

Yes, I think the way standard works this would be too difficult, the restrictions places by standard can already get difficult enough but then adding on the restrictions placed by a low star deck and hell breaks loose only thing worse than this would be a standard elo
15/17
Sunday 28/04/2013, 19:07

I agree Standard is a flop to begin with, imbalanced in many areas. In a way it appears more to milk players to get new cards, though it is understood from the business standpoint, but creating something that is ineffective and broken only fails in serving their customers. They put in much troubles to create Standard format, but not in the contents. For such unfocused efforts and shortsightedness, they would be better off tearing the format down and stick to Extended and ELO.
16/17
Vinyl-Scratch - Legend - D-Versified English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 21:42

"Vinyl, playing a draw of 10-16 stars against 18- 20 stars most of the times is inbalance, and if both parties are brought to the same level"
well using a deck with hands that low is your fault when it is type 2. You should expect everyone to be using 4-5 stars. Maybe you should put stronger cards in your deck to play at the same level or play normal t1.

"We know the dominant clans have bigger Standard cards pool and some over-powered cards, but further condoning then to use all 4-5 stars cards will be adding salt to the wound. Adding Standard 25 format is a good good way to mitigate the gross difference, i hope players see my point."

That still wouldn't solve the problem of clans having bigger card pulls and better choices at high and low level.
17/17
Monday 29/04/2013, 04:18

It's alright Vinyl, my header is Standard format. I understand that some players will just take as it is and do not expect anything to change for the better, though not solving the problem totally.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals