Please remove...

Please remove...
Saturday 27/04/2013, 20:05
Tansur - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
25 messages
Please remove...
Tansur - Guru - The TrendEnglish - Saturday 27/04/2013, 20:05

Using 8-10 pills on your first go with Grudj or Karrion is NOT a strategy. That is to say, it is a strategy, but takes no strategic thought to pull off. Please stop rewarding idiot players a decent elo standing for playing like this, and get rid of Grudj and Karrion.

Seriously, there are cards out there that I groan on seeing, but can still have fun playing against. Then there are these two, that just sap any fun out of the match, because I know that I might pay really well and still lose to a moron.
« Previous123Next »

2/25
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Saturday 27/04/2013, 22:00

I know it can be frustrating to lose to that opener... However, I think trying to nuke with Grudj or Karrion is a valid strategy, since the player who attempts to do so puts himself in a very risky situation, and needs to be able to wall to succeed.

There are two relatively reliable counter-strategies.

1) Build your deck with at least 4 good nukes. I would recommend doing this whenever possible. That way you can usually respond to such an opener as if you were certain it was a low-pill bluff, using one of your lower damage cards. If your opponent used a lot of pills, odds are you can simply counter.

2) Try to read your opponent's opener by looking at his walls and his damage sources. Does your opponent have a bunch of low-damage DR/wall cards and one big strong poisoner? In all likelihood, he will attempt to land the poisoner in R1 at any cost, so respond accordingly.
3/25
kidUSA - Master - Biggest Team Seen English
Saturday 27/04/2013, 23:55

SoB and SoA are in Urban Rivals for a reason I think.
4/25
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 03:54

That's always been the deal in ELO, get used to it. If you don't have a block for it you simply have to predict, and that needs practice. Usually I old against Grudj/Bogdan and watch them blow 9 Pillz.
5/25
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 03:58

Really? I thought Bogdan users swore a blood oath at some point never to put more than 4 pills on that guy.
6/25
0_Berzerker - Senior - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 10:25

Guess it's my luck that I rarely see such a combos.
Personally, I would keep some walls in my deck, and some defeat's abilities to assist me in suicidal against such pests.
Attack manipulators also would help a ton for consuming lesser pills after that opener, giving chance to counter the life gap.
7/25
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 10:54

@ghelas
Just when I found out they had that oath, a non-believer put 5 pillz.

If both Bogdan and Grudj are in the same draw, it's impossible to evade the poison unless you're running Piranas or Nightmare. Usually it's down to luck as not only you're predicting them, but vice versa as well.
8/25
0_Berzerker - Senior - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 10:57

@AmberRed1994 -
That's true, I hate it when it's down to luck.. I always lose..
9/25
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 12:53

I was under that same assumption, ghelas, only to find out that oaths are broken in the name of victory.

Bogdan and Grudj (Bogrudj, if you will) are ELO's most fearsome dynamic duo IMO, edging out MokrAnus, Beester Cr, Pean, DagXodus, MarSaki, AvolaGhi, CloiAna, Clidg, RaveLena, etc. Okay I just wanted to have fun with those.
10/25
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 13:07

I found that suitably amusing.

I'm not sure who Dorian's partner in crime is... either DoriOxen or Rubian. (Although we shouldn't forget the ever-so-deadly GinaJoby, the true core of any Uppers setup.)

And is it just me, or does FutoshiFou Ld sound very convenient?

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals