Skeelz, getting left behind?

Sunday 28/04/2013, 16:16
Ethan kun - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
29 messages
Ethan kun - Veteran - lonely fightersEnglish - Sunday 28/04/2013, 16:16

Hi guys, this is my 2nd subject about Skeelz..
Well, are they really getting left behind? Maybe it's just me though, I never go past 1300 ELO using Skeelz, the best ELO rrcord that I made was 1352, and the clan that I used is Roots. But Roots wasn't fun for me to play, that's why I decided changing clans, and i got myself into using Skeelz. Skeelz was the clan I enjoyed the most because of their unique abilities. But when I already played ELO using Skeelz, i'm having a hard time on most power manip clans (not most of the time though and not with Frozn), Montana (Avola, who has high dmg, Spiaghi, who helps Avola along the way, Moses, who goes, and Uppers,
« Previous123Next »

21/29
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 20:52

Yeah but was it easy to get to 1386?

the strength of Skeelz relies on the meta. if the SOA is running wild, then Skeelz are stronger. if SOA is weak, then Skeelz are also week. all clans can get your to 1300 -- the question is how much effort is required to get there or higher? a clan that requires more/less effort (as in games played and time invested) is a good indicator of how strong/weak this clan is.
22/29
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 23:38

@Waster:

The 8 consecutive wins were after I switched decks to that one. A small sample pool, but still... Even the low-star draws felt great. I managed 3-round wins when I didn't have Freaks bonus without too much trouble. Of course, I think some of this deck's success can simply be attributed to the fact that if you don't play the common 1st-turn poison nuke strategy, it's very hard to read...

I completely agree that Skeelz were stronger than usual this week. Skeelz plays defense well, so they hold up tolerably both against Sak, and their advantage against GHEIST is obvious. I think this deck would be utter trash in a week where Lizbeth was unbanned, but hey, you have to use the right tools for every job.

I get some kicks out of trying to make the neglected clans work. I made a few t100s with FPC/Ulu back when nobody took Ulu seriously in ELO, and I did fairly well (though no T100) with Skeelz mono a few months back, before they got Pluck. I think Pluck is an excellent addition, and they're much stronger with him. He has excellent synergy with long-neglected cards like Jay and Aylen, and is able to set them up for that decisive, game-winning hit. So there are definitely some new strategies that can be explored with this clan.
23/29
Cyber - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 29/04/2013, 01:04

I agree with waster. I use mono Skeelz and got to 1410 before I fell badly after pushing for a record, got no time after that to push for another top. My first time using Skeelz and I did pretty well.
24/29
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 29/04/2013, 05:56

Scratch that, when Lehane wasn't permabanned, she was rarely splashed. Snazzy-WMD got his first ELO top with mono-Skeelz, blowing out his old record by about 60-70 points and winning Marlysa Cr. The flavor of the week wasn't SoA iirc, it was OlgaSkaiBoGrudj. This was before great additions like Plunk.

IMO Skeelz are designed to be anti-meta. However, they hold their own against decks they weren't made to directly counter, because their stats are generally higher than everyone else's. It may be easier to T100 with MokrAnus or Beester, but it's surely not as fun as doing it old-school with Skeelz.
25/29
Chozo-Kid - Guru - Masters of Battle English
Monday 29/04/2013, 07:15

Since i am a Skeelz user the only thing they lack is power and damage protection card which needs to have good stats like 8/7 5* then the Skeelz will be fine
26/29
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 29/04/2013, 07:25

I still felt that your Sob card would be too strong with 7/3 stats at least. Not as much as the OP's Soa card, but still enough above the curve. 8/2 could be acceptable.
27/29
Ethan kun - Veteran - lonely fighters English
Monday 29/04/2013, 07:34

Yes, Skeelz really is more fun to play with than most clans. And yes, it really has to do with their cards while other clans keep getting stronger cards that make them more dominant. Skeelz got a long way to go since UR keeps giving crappy cards like Jessica, Milton, Wilhem, and Minerva.
28/29
Ethan kun - Veteran - lonely fighters English
Monday 29/04/2013, 08:37

And they should really start killing old characters and replace them with much better ones
29/29
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Monday 29/04/2013, 09:05

Minerva isn't all bad. Her high round-winning ability, low damage, and little bit of DR makes her seem a bit awkward, as those things contradict each other. When is she handy? When you desperately need a wall that is MADE to lose, while discouraging your opponent form fury, and maybe even sneaking in a round win with just a small number of pills.

And when is that, you ask?

Well, when you have a strong heal or poison going.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals