Let's see your anti-huracan decks!

Let's see your anti-Huracan decks!
Friday 17/05/2013, 12:41
Z4KALW3 - Guru

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
24 messages
Let's see your anti-huracan decks!
Z4KALW3 - Guru - Friday 17/05/2013, 12:41

There will probably be a lot of these guys around for the near future, show is what you've built to counter them.

Here are two of mine:

deleted
and
deleted
« Previous123Next »

11/24
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Friday 17/05/2013, 23:26

@tansur

the game has evolved over the years. does it require skill, yes ofcourse it does, it always has. are more skilled people who put in the time going to be more successful? ofcourse they are. has the game become a bit less skill based due to the increase in the number of game swinging cards?

luck-deck-skill have always mattered
cards like sylth/Kolos/smokey/Sigma were removed from the rotation since they increased the importance of luck.
Eddie is bordeline broken depending on the week. Eddie + Huracan (especially once they have more cards) will very much make luck a bigger factor in the future.
12/24
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Friday 17/05/2013, 23:56

Waster, Eddie is actually incredibly easy to mitigate. Remember that he is a heal card, and that this isn't FR, so achieving a large gap with him is dependent on a lot of things. And of course, the ever-popular SoA ruins him completely.

I love Eddie, but I would never risk running him in a deck where he can't be used as part of a 3-round threat. If you don't run him in such a deck, he becomes a huge liability as often as he becomes a huge asset, which is not desirable in ELO.
13/24
Cyber - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 18/05/2013, 01:23

How is Eddie not part of a 3 round threat? +1 to waster.
14/24
Saturday 18/05/2013, 01:28

Cyber, I don't understand what you mean. Eddie is one card, you can literally have any other 7 ELO-playable cards in your deck. Whether he's part of a 3-round win threat or not depends on what else you're running beside him, right?

Somehow despite Eddie's allegedly OP nature, Ulu Watu manage to remain pretty unpopular in ELO. So what is it that I'm missing here?
15/24
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 18/05/2013, 05:18

Eddie is an okay card imo, top-tier 4* but not broken. He rarely heals more than 4 life a game, and in that aspect he can be compared to Diana except with a different bonus. He's also limited to earlier rounds, Like most Heal cards he seems mucha better on paper. Again I'm not saying he's a bad card, he's great, but he isn't the end-all monster when combined with Hurcana
16/24
Saturday 18/05/2013, 06:08

"Eddie is bordeline broken depending on the week"

how does that translate to OP??????
17/24
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Saturday 18/05/2013, 06:32

Eddie + Huracan. I think it may work because of their bonus, provided your opponent goes first (quite unlikely for this round of release since the 4 cards add up to 14* already. Nonetheless, I'll wait for more releases before I make a better judgement). Your opponent will likely old/force pill against you because of the Huracan bonus. They'll very unlikely go 2-3 pills.

It's just like how Crunchy worked so well for me in a 7/1 Montana + Crunchy half. Opponents either olded or force-pilled, which made playing Crunchy (and utilising his 5 damage) so efficient.
18/24
Saturday 18/05/2013, 06:35

"Yep if synergy means i get to flip a coin to see if i win, then yes, Eddie plus Huracan is awesome"

I took this to mean that you're calling Eddie a "coin flip" card, and therefore OP. I personally don't see why you feel this combo couldn't be played in a strategic way. You don't have to go all-in or bluff, there are other options, aren't there?
19/24
Cyber - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 18/05/2013, 06:37

"Whether he's part of a 3-round win threat or not depends on what else you're running beside him, right?"

Indeed but I'm talking about those pros who build their deck such that Eddie is very strong with the other 7 cards. I disagree that Ulu Watu is still unpopular. They are getting popular with the introduction of Dave, Eddie and Daddy Jones. It is the high minimum that makes Eddie so good. The high power makes sure he gets the job done.
20/24
Saturday 18/05/2013, 06:50

Ghelas Eddie plus Huracan will create LOTS of coin flip situations. deny it all you want, but if you understand the meta as you claim you do, you know this is true

currently Eddie does create a coinflip situation, this is a factual statement. does it happen all the time? no. in some weeks he can create more, in some week, not so much.

now lets combine the Eddie + Huracan -- will there be more situations when Eddie becomes a game winner or scary bluff that is a bit coin flippy???

umm yes. your obvious call of :

"I'm going to enjoy playing them with an Ulu half when they get a little bit more rounded out, as Ulu's naturally high power, bonus, and life gain (especially Eddie's heal!) all have some nice synergy with them."

is testament that you know what i say to be true. maybe some subtle difference to the degree of the extent of what we are saying

but since you are the current ELO meta expert, what do i know

edited by wasteroftime Saturday 18/05/2013, 06:50

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals