58 messages
Elo ; what a joke
Squirtroll - Imperator - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Saturday 18/05/2013, 22:16

Ban Lehane give Jungo Jean

Askai banned
Troompah free

Striker Arno Yookie are banned cards like Ongh Avola roam free
wheres the balance?

are elo updates done? ur only cares about having us purchase credits for new cards, where they can create 4 cards every other week but cant make simple changes to elo to make the game more enjoyable and actually want people to purchase credits?
elo wasnt as good when i first joined from the first years the game was out from what i heard, but from when i joined until its become a mediocre game where 50/50 run rampant and braindeads can go around random pilling due to no balance

where the rating system is just who can win more 50/50s
« Previous123456Next »

51/58
KoreaRepublic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Sunday 19/05/2013, 09:21

I'm an asian. Everyone's argument is invalid.
52/58
Icarus - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Sunday 19/05/2013, 09:28

Bravo!

Talking about XC as a singularilty like you know every member at all.

Post #47: Ah yes, calling every XC member having a higher record than you being a no-lifer and a group of non-intelligent teenagers. How mature of you to reply like that and how smart of it. I admire that!

Calling someone with a better record than you when they made that record in less than 4 hours? Is there an activity in life that there's a possibility of being called a "no-lifer" because he exceeded a certain number of hours? I must say someone let's say an adult,who thinks teenagers is a group of inferior and immature people between the ages of 15-21,who works 10 hours minimum in a day is a "no-lifer" then.

The word crying isn't an appropriate word enough to describe to someone complaining yet you used which made me more amazed by this person who even used the words "trashcan" to the word "guild" which he doesn't know himself perhaps.

You don't even know the concept of "skill" itself that someone who has that which made a record above yours may have cheated like you said in your unjustified opinion. And you say that we play 15 hours a day even if a 1400 is just an hour or two for most players inside the "trashcan guild" you are referring.

I'l use the last phrase you even typed.

"GO FIGURE"

You may have evidences but you don't the evidences nor the arguments themselves. Such a mature and intelligent thinking that you led me to an amazement.
53/58
Icarus - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Sunday 19/05/2013, 09:29

You don't know*
54/58
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Sunday 19/05/2013, 09:31

There is an important concept to note. It is called "Perfect Imbalance." Here's the short version. Some elements of a game are better than others. Players will obviously be drawn to using them more and more. Other players will grow annoyed by this trend and search for a counter. If/when the counter is found, players will be drawn to it and the original overplayed idea will lessen as a result. Sometimes though, a counter isn't available and needs to be added. This is why Skeelz, stop, and backlash exist, to help fight SoA.

Now, why does this concept exist and why is it important? Because without it, this game would be boring. If every week you could hit 1500 with Mono Jungo, then everyone would play that. But presently, Troompah (easier to counter than Askai) and Ongh are routinely banned by democratic vote and other clans do see play. The staff see that some cards are used so often and know that interest would wane if it were constant, so they put on the top played cards on a list and let us, the players, dictate the next week's roster. People who place higher are given more of a say. The votes are your voice.

The reason low star cards like Arno, Lea, and other staples are banned is because they enable certain decks. If you've got a bunch of great low stars, then you can fit in more high stars. This is the reason Jungo, I believe, are played so much. They have several great options for every position. It is odd that they have yet to lose that to the bans.
55/58
-Glacier- - Imperator English
Sunday 19/05/2013, 15:41

Duessel, don't drag me into the same group with Char, I don't like that. And he doesn't have a 1500, char sucks. I was sincerely making recommendations. I did fairly well in ELO before these present bans; I'm not crying about these bans, i'm just saying, there are a lot of overpowered cards in ELO right, or Overpowered combinations, Like Jungo. Elo would be more fun if they banned some of the strong cards and unbanned some of the undeserving banned cards :S
56/58
BK-Stillborn - Titan Español
Sunday 19/05/2013, 16:11

Stop complaining. "Perfect balance in elo" will never exist. The fact that you don't draw the broken card of the format and your opponent does, doesn't make elo bad . Luck is very important but skill is indispensable. Simply enjoy this mode and make an effort to adapt and play it as it is, take it as a challenge to your skill or if you lack of it, go play something "better".
57/58
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Sunday 19/05/2013, 16:59

+1000000 Stillborn

I think all of the complaints about ELO are due to the fact that a skilled player and a scrub can beat you using the same "OP" opener in this game. So what's the difference? Let me educate you guys.

A scrub will play the same stupid opener of 500 pills on Grudj or old on Troompah every single game, because it works a little over 50% of the time for him. A good ELO player might play the same moves in certain games, when he has LOOKED AT YOUR HAND AND FIGURED OUT HOW YOU'RE LIKELY TO RESPOND. He will make the risky play when he knows that's his best chance of winning, he will play conservatively when he knows that's his best chance of winning, and he will split up his pills when he knows that's his best chance of winning.

This is how good ELO players end up with improbable streaks of over 10 wins, often multiple times every week, over and over and over again. I have seen people reliably achieve streaks of 12-15, and when I was a bit more into ELO, I could pull it off myself. No, ELO is not perfectly balanced... Honestly Askai and Olga's ban did too little to weaken Jungo and Freaks, their bonuses are too strong and the amount of round-winning cards in both clans is too high. Fortunately split-clanning mitigates the problem almost entirely, and we have several clans that shut OP bonuses and abilities down. If you have an issue with strong abilities, run a SoA half. If you have an issue with strong bonuses, run a SoB half.
58/58
Squirtroll - Imperator - E X C A L I B U R English
Sunday 19/05/2013, 18:53

These players use the excuse elo is fine because these cards are really the only reason theyre not below 800 elo every week, yet they also fail to understand that elo is popular in events with event creators switching the rules of it by a bit, nobody cares about elo anymore, and nobody will spark a sudden interest in it again the way these cards cause 50/50s and -22's and what not. the problem is in events, where you could easily luck out on a dj korr or be a noobed out of a Kiki due to abuse of op braindead no skill cards.

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals