Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

What changes would you like to see be made in Urban Rivals?

Saturday 18/05/2013, 23:16
AsianRepubIic - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
381 messages
AsianRepubIic - Titan - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Saturday 18/05/2013, 23:16

Urban Rivals, in it's current state, has made some good choices and bad choices (I'd say the bad choices are more see-able and overshadow the good choices)

I will tell you this...
-Levels don't matter
-ELO is unbalanced
-Urban Rivals population has not changed in size, at least in a good way.
-Deathmatch is a completely useless mode now. (Used to be the room you would mission now)

Just to point out some of the bad things about UR. What would you change about UR to make it a game that could keep new and upcoming players while keeping older players happy?
« Previous12...3233343536373839Next »

371/381
yaoihuntresse - Colossus - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 01/04, 06:02

For a new ability, I wouldn't mind seeing Switch. Example: Switch: Opp. power and damage. For example, Ielena would be at 3 power and 8 damage. This could be an advantage since Ielena would be easier to beat, but it can be a double-edged sword if she were to somehow win and get all that extra health. Or if someone is using Caelus Cr and you don't want to take a lot of damage, just use switch, his damage will be 4 and let him win.

This would work better with the Piranas or Nightmare, but Switch opp ability and bonus can take away a character's ability since with the clan's bonus. Or if a GHEIST/Roots member wants to overcome a Montana's pesky bonus, using this ability would take that way since it's now an ability they can cancel.
372/381
) Mad Yellow - Hero - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 01/04, 17:03

Switch: Power
Switch: Damage

These would be fun, but only as long as Protect Power/Damage countered them.
373/381
yaoihuntresse - Colossus - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 02/04, 00:09

Of course Protection would negate it. It would also be useless against cards with matching power and damage scores like Cortez. Imagine how evil a Pirana/Nightmare with Switch: ability and power against Skeelz. With the Skeelz member's ability now becoming their bonus, Protect: Ability can't save them.
374/381
TharaCorleone - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 02/04, 11:10

I think we have the right amount of ability types in this game. Any more and it could start getting really convoluted, which isn't good- compared to other card games I've played, UR is relatively easy to pick up and understand whilst being interesting and entertaining. Let's keep it that way
375/381
8ightball - Titan - War Party English
Wednesday 02/04, 13:23

Hmmm, I think that as long as the abilities are well thought out there is room for a few more. I especially like the switch ones suggested.
376/381
Wednesday 02/04, 15:05

I was thinking more along the lines of swapping values.

Say a card with 3 damage had Switch: Damage. The opp base damage becomes 3 and the card's base damage becomes that of the opp.

Protection would negate the effect, value=opp value would neutralize it.

Also manipulation comes into play.

Let's say a 5 power card swaps power with a courageous Quinn. The card would get 6 base power reduced by 2 and Quinn's power would become 5+2.

Let's then say a 3 damage card swaps damage with Jane Ramba Cr. Jane's damage becomes 3+2 and the card's damage becomes 4-2.
377/381
TheOPG - Imperator - Casual Grind English
Wednesday 02/04, 15:22

Fantasy Rivals already has this, if I recall. It also has an ability called Impose Power/Damage, in which one card changes the other's Power/Damage to their base value plus modifiers, as well as a reduction ability that effects both cards in a round.
378/381
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 03/04, 09:52

What I'd like to see...

Guild map and fighting over turfs over global map. You'd try to capture areas and keep them. You could commit "decks" to map grid and those decks would be used in defensive/offensive purposes. Farther away you are from your base the more penalties you get when fighting so conquering whole map would be quite impossible. Each week guilds/members would get rewards depending how large area they control / how active they have been on "global map" game.

For added twist you could try to snatch cards from opponent decks in global map by accepting additional penalties to your game. So if enemy puts up high profile deck defending some remote location, you could try to capture one of the card by beating that deck. This would limit how strong(expensive) cards would be used in global map because it would pose a risk to lose those cards. Snatching cards would not be easy feat, but it would put pressure into making efficient decks.

This kind of high-level-meta game with decent risk-reward system would blow totally new steam to this game.
379/381
Thursday 03/04, 16:57

Gambling? No thanks.
Maps? I don't want to see UR become a carbon copy of every other pay to play game out there.
380/381
TheOPG - Imperator - Casual Grind English
Thursday 03/04, 17:35

The only real flaw in that plan (of doing a player/guild-driven ongoing territory control ala Eve Online) is that there aren't any good long-term time and money sinks worth the effort for all but the most neurotic, bleeding-edge players.

Having map control where different parts of the map used different formats and pill/life counts would be cool, but there's no incentive for players to play it, except maybe if there was an overhaul of the Collector system.

« Previous12...3233343536373839Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals