Changes to characters banned in ELO

Monday 03/06/2013, 11:11
Espectroscuro - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
432 messages
Espectroscuro - Admin English - Thursday 06/06/2013, 10:08

The list of ELO banned characters will be updated on Monday, June 10st 2013.
This list could be changed by Friday

Click here to view the list of characters banned in ELO mode. See below for an overview of the changes made. 

The following cards have been permanently added to the list of characters banned in ELO:

Beeboy (Bangers)

Grudj (Freaks)

Troompah (Jungo)

Bristone (GHEIST)

Avola (Montana)

Mona (Montana)

Karrion (Nightmare)

Jeena (Roots)

Gertjan (Roots)

Mokra (Sakrohm)

Greem (Skeelz)

Dorian (Uppers)

The following cards have been permanently removed from the list of characters banned in ELO

Arkn (GHEIST)

Olga (Freaks)

Oshitsune (Nightmare)

Yookie (Roots)

UPDATED!

edited by Espectroscuro Thursday 06/06/2013, 10:08
« Previous12...3738394041424344Next »

361/432
Lexdexta - Legend - URBAN MADNESS Español
Friday 07/06/2013, 21:10

Nice changes, but I still disagree about Brinstone being banned, it was a much needed DR for a GHEIST and in exchange all they get is an attack reducer? Roots loses Jeena but gains Yookie back (fair trade), cmon, how is Brinstone getting perma banned fair?, we're not talking about Rolph or Toro here...
362/432
-Glacier- - Imperator - E X C A L I B U R English
Friday 07/06/2013, 22:09

Bristone creates 50/50's turn 1 that heavily favoring the GHEIST player. SHe deserves her ban, just like Jeena. Yookie's dr isn't as intense to warrant a ban
363/432
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Friday 07/06/2013, 23:13

^ Why is DR of Bristone "intense" enough to cause a ban, but not that of Uranus, who now won't be? POSSIBLE reasons:
1. DR of Bristone is comparatively hard to stop due to her bonus that nullifies SOA threat from non GHEIST or Roots. Uranus DR lacks this protection so isn't such an issue.
2. Without Uranus, Sakrohm would be difficult to play (not unplayable) due to the loss of Mokra (who is OP and deserves a ban). Without Bristone, GHEIST are still good elo clan, particularly because of...
...3. Arkn has returned. This could be sufficient reason on it's own...
4. Ksendra (This isn't a good reason- I said POSSIBLE reasons. I'm second guessing UR thinking here, not justifying it)
Those are PERHAPS contributory factors to the Bristone decision, though 4. is somewhat doubtful. Of Arkn and Bristone, having both in play at the moment would be a tad OP, but arguably, Arkn is better than Bristone. Whether their switch is good or bad is up to you...
364/432
Vinyl-Scratch - Titan - D-Versified English
Friday 07/06/2013, 23:25

So now a dr is enough to create a 50/50? Yay lets ban all the poison and drs because people might end up in 50/50s. Whats next, heals.
365/432
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 08/06/2013, 00:22

Beeboy and Karrion ban were fine,but what kind of tool thought Mokra already deserved a ban?

To be honest,Beeboy and Karrion(and even Karrion wasn't really getting banned) kind of had it coming,but Mokra...did you do that just to screw with people or is this some kind of ridiculous joke?

THE CARD WAS RELEASED A FEW MONTHS AGO.

That,is my major problem with the ban in particular.It's not that im somewhat a fan of using saks(though they'll survive even with the ban),but i just can't fathom the logic between taking Uranus off the list,which was fine,and moving a card that hasn't been released for more than half a year.I don't get it at all,i really don't.

Dorian finally got the ban,which should see more use of Herman in his place? Will Herman see more weeks banned? Maybe,we'll see.

Elvira stays wisely banned,but Oshitsune unban?oh geez,2HKO is going to be the new strategy for Nightmare instead of poisoning.I'm already starting to maybe miss Azel already.

As for Beeboy? Well,im not so mad about his ban as i am about mokra's.I should be,but im not.Not really.I did figure the ban was going to happen in exchange for Blaaster Cr,which was an unpopular move,but getting something back for Blaaster Cr now instead of nothing in the future is a wise clan investment to make,mods.

But seriously guys,Mokra for Uranus?I could use colorful dialogue to describe the decision,but im too nice for that.But really,re-consider the ban.
366/432
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 08/06/2013, 01:36

I'm actually shocked to see Avola AND Mona perm-banned. Montanas were crap to begin with (as literally every atk-manip clan could "outsmart" the boundaries of their bonus) and with them losing 2 staples, they're back to being at the bottom of the barrel of utility in elo (right along side ulu and fpc).
367/432
0 ComeAtMe - Legend - aussie crusaders English
Saturday 08/06/2013, 01:44

Ulu Watu and Fang Pi Clang aren't at the bottom. They are usable every week and don't rely on certain cards being unbanned.

PS: Montana is still very usable in ELO. Don, Desmond, Edd Cr, Gianfranco, Moses, Ivy, Angelo and Spiaghi could work out very nicely.
368/432
AJayWaHiD - Hero - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 08/06/2013, 05:25

Okay, let's break this down:

Beeboy (Bangers): Kinda expected the ban. He is pretty ridiculous up against both clans. Good trade with Blaaster Cr.

Grudj (Freaks): Ehh, I guess taking Bogdan away would have been took big of a blow, but they did get Olga back which is a boss 3 star.

Troompah (Jungo): THIS CARD PISSED ME OFF, BAN BAN BAN

Bristone (GHEIST): Although, I don't like GHEIST, they have a handful of cards already banned and now one of their best DRs are being taken away, oh well I feel sorry for GHEIST users

Avola (Montana): I love the Montana, but the inverted version of Marco Cr had it coming, I can't really complain.

Mona (Montana): Now this is the part that screws me up, taking BOTH Mona and Avola is really going to cause the Monts, most good three stars rely on Monotana and now that Avola is gone, there is going to be less motiation to play mono with the clan. Overall, I think the ban was unneccesary.

Karrion (Nightmare): Honestly, it's a good card, most people say he deserves to be banned, if they weren't getting Oshitsune back, I would say keep Karrion, but since they are, I guess the ban is suitable

Jeena (Roots): It's one of the best reducers in the game, but DAMN, Roots are dying. Think we could have kept her in.

Gertjan (Roots): He's annoying, but I don't know if he's good enough to be banned. But, if Elvira stays banned, then I guess he should be banned too.

continued...
369/432
AJayWaHiD - Hero - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 08/06/2013, 07:18

Mokra (Sakrohm): This guy is OP, we can all agree on that, but the main problem is that he is a relatively new card. I think the Uranus ban would have been the better one.

Greem (Skeelz): This card is good, but very susceptible to power and attack manipulation. Skeelz don't have many bans though so I guess the ban isn't so out of place.

Dorian (Uppers): Man, I recently started playing Uppers and I have to say, I am very sad that Dorian is joining the perma banned characters. In all honesty though, Uppers have enough good five stars to replace him (e.g. Herman, Hefty, Lady). I am sad, but know that he deserves the ban.

The following cards have been permanently removed from the list of characters banned in ELO:

Arkn (GHEIST): He should have never been banned in the first place. It's a strong card, but doesn't deserve the ban.

Olga (Freaks): Kind of nervous for her return, Freaks will be more popular now because she is better than Grudj due to her lower star count

Oshitsune (Nightmare): I'm a bit torn on this decision, it is true that SOA kills this card, BUT their bonus gets rid of GHEIST and Roots, and SOA abilities are easy to avoid. We can expect for Nightmare to be much more common now. Expect 2HKO strategy also.

Yookie (Roots): He deserves to be unbanned, nothing OP about him. After all, they're losing Jeena and and Gertjan so their 3 star department took a major hit.

Elvira (initially decided to be unbanned): wish she could have come back, RIP Rescue
370/432
wats_happenin - Legend - Casual Grind English
Saturday 08/06/2013, 10:37

New changes interesting

Beeboy for Blaaster Cr...interesting move basically ensuring neither will be used in ELO to an insane extent since noobs can't afford the latter....I like it though, Beeboy is just a pain

Karrion for Oshitsune...Lol trade Karrion was rarely seen but the issue raised was his hit followed by Oshitsune= 2HKO
Still not sure if this trade should've happened or not....Karrion didn't deserve it

Mokra for Uranus...Hmmm again an edgy trade, then again having either unbanned wouldn't matter as both would be temp banned every week anyway. Uranus you escape again

Dorian banned...damn! Bye bigman!!! Uppers best counter to SOA and their most solid card has just left the building

Elvira ....Excellent move staff!! No amount of higher starred cards will trade for her...Even banning Kerry and Sledg in return for her would do nothing to curb Rescue....Elvira is simply too staple in her clan and gives them a huge dead pilling advantage
Lea on the other hand....hmmm

« Previous12...3738394041424344Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals