When should you take a break?

Wednesday 19/06/2013, 06:36

I've been browsing threads giving tips on ELO, and one tip is to take a break if you go on a losing streak. After how many losses should you take a break? What would be the best thing to do while on your break?

Friday 21/06/2013, 03:57

I don't take breaks unless I'm on a serious losing streak. That means dropping from 1400+ to 1200+.

It also means your deck isn't good for this week or at the current point of time. Usually, it is the latter. Of course playing skill also matters in getting a good score.

Friday 21/06/2013, 04:09

Consecutive losses can contribute to you playing worse, at least in my case. I get to a point where I want to watch my ELO score rise but don't wanna put in the effort to win, which is a horrible frame of mind to be in. If you hit a point where you're losing > 33% of your games it's time to go do something else, or build a new deck. Building a new deck will help you by forcing you to re-examine your strategy more during games.

Saturday 22/06/2013, 16:47

If you're starting to get angry after losing all those games, just stop playing and come back to ELO in a hour or so. You won't be able to think properly when you're mad.

Saturday 22/06/2013, 23:32

I listen to bob when im mad, works everytime

Reply to this subject