Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15
Espectroscuro - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
94 messages
Changes : Duel Mode
Espectroscuro - Admin English - Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15

Hi everyone,

We’ve made a few changes to Duel mode:
- Reduced the number of cards to be won to one card a day for 10 wins.
- Limited the use of the room once the card has been won.
You can play Kate again the next day to win a card.
We've decided to make these changes because although the Duel room is very popular, it is, unfortunately, a victim of its own success.
Our initial aim in creating Duel mode was to help new players win cards and start their collection by playing.
However, this system has not fulfilled our aims: the fact that you can carry out unlimited fights does not encourage Urban Rivals’ new recruits to try out other rooms.
We would like this room to act as a transition zone between starting out in the game and entering the multiplayer game modes.
Currently a lot of players use this room to carry out their missions and earn battle points without having to even go into the multiplayer rooms, which is a further unintended consequence of the mode. Although Kate is very nice, we feel the essence of Urban Rivals is in the multiplayer modes.

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910Next »

91/94
THATSRAVEN - Hero - Organized Konfusion English
Friday 19/07/2013, 05:59

Waaaah, I can't grind for missions as easily anymore. I swear, just be grateful we even have this mode. It was stated in the beginning that this mode would most likely be changed, and it was. If all you do is play Duel, I'm sorry. On the other hand, Duel mode is basically a free wins mode, and so I think these changes are for the better (Kate throws all strategy out the door if you play a high star card against her). Duel is still a fun gamemode, just not one where you just have toss out one card on turn one and than instantly win if Kate pilled over 6 of her pills (which she does literally every time for me). So in other words, Duel IMO is really intended as more of a "side-mode" as a daily supplement to actual competitive gamemodes.
92/94
tgh02 - Titan - Open Casket English
Thursday 25/07/2013, 21:03

@ MrKazejin

"I swear, just be grateful we even have this mode"

Why? We're paying customers and our participation drives this game. Even Market requires NB & Clintz/Credits to increase UR interest. If players are frustrated or determine UR isn't listening to their suggestions then they'll switch to another game.

Many players in this thread posted reasonable feedback and provide factual observations. You may play differently and that's fine. But mobile Apps evolve rapidly and both players & game designers need each other to survive.

Saying, "Be Grateful, Stop Whining, You like solo because you suck at ELO & Multi," there are counter-productive and alienate veteran & new players.

Most importantly, UR needs to respond regularly and explain why/how they're improving this game. And encourage players to continue investing here instead of Hello Kitty and Cooking games.
93/94
THATSRAVEN - Hero - Organized Konfusion English
Friday 26/07/2013, 18:05

@ tgh02

First of all, I did not mean to say, or rather insinuate that players only like Solo game modes because they are bad at other game modes. What I meant was that Kate is very easy to beat, and so the rewards should be appropriate for this level of challenge, in which case they now are with being able to win one free common card daily.

In order to appeal to a more casual (and please don't take "casual" the wrong way), mobile gaming market, Duel is perfect, and in it's current state, I believe that it still is good. Even after you win your free card, you can still play Duel mode an receive the same rewards as you would for playing in fight club and its similar areas, which is where most newer player typically play.
In other words, I feel that Duel is a good game mode for some of the more "casual" players who prefer to not to play for extended periods of time in one sitting (I.E a tournament, getting over 1200 or 1300 in ELO, etc.)
94/94
InterMilan FC - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 21/09/2013, 14:54

I still can grind my mission by using android when I obtained the card,I just press fight again button until my mission done

« Previous12345678910Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals